Adapting the Password Encryption

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Payou

Adapting the Password Encryption

Post by Payou »

Hello.

I'm currently creating a project that is a GTA San Andreas : MultiPlayer (SA:MP) server. To do this I use PHP BB 3.3.5 and I want to link the accounts from the forum with the accounts from the game server. Indeed I want to protect the users from any form of hacking that's why my goal today is to find out how are the passwords encrypted in PHP BB.

When a user logs on the game, they have to type their password in. Server-side, if I want to check if the password is good, I can't check it in clear so I need to encrypt it, just like the forum does, and then just compare the 2 strings. The thing is I tried to find the phpbb_hash() function in my "includes/function.php" but looking for it returns nothing.

Here's what I want to do : Find the function and try to implement it in my SA:MP server OR Change the password encryption in PHP BB and use something far more easy to add in SA:MP, the whirlpool hash method.

I hope some of you can enlighten me about my concern.
Thanks in advance!

P.S. : I'm French so I'm sorry if some of my sentences sounds odd :mrgreen:
Last edited by Brf on Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Duplicate of https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=641&t=2605616

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”