Custom profile filed point of concern

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
dozaa

Custom profile filed point of concern

Post by dozaa »

So, first of all sorry if i didn't post this in the right place..

So basically i created a custom filed in acp, i set Display in user control panel off, but somehow some groups can still modify that field from ucp. Im new into phpbb and i don't know where i can fix that.

Thank you in advance for your time wested trying to help me :D
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Re: Custom profile filed point of concern

Post by Kailey »

Hello, welcome to phpBB!

Can you post a screenshot of your settings for the field please?
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.
dozaa

Post by dozaa »

Sure, there is it https://prnt.sc/20xdren
dozaa

Post by dozaa »

Still need help
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader

Post by Kailey »

I'm sorry, I read this and forgot to reply. Can you post that screenshot somewhere else? All I see from that link is this:

screenshot.png

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.
dozaa

Post by dozaa »

Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader

Post by Kailey »

Those settings look correct. Do you have a link and test account for your board? I'd be happy to see what might be causing the issue. Feel free to PM these details if you don't want them public.

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

dozaa wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:50 pm somehow some groups can still modify that field from ucp.
Probably your moderators.
dozaa

Post by dozaa »

Brf wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:56 pm
dozaa wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:50 pm somehow some groups can still modify that field from ucp.
Probably your moderators.
So i tried on prosilver (same effect), so can't be the theme nor the moderator because i don't have any :D
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Tested this and I can't reproduce it.

How did you discover/confirm this?

If this was discovered by testing editing his profile, then it's not a confirmed situation ATM. As Founder/Administrator with all permissions I can see and edit that user's profilefield, but when I log in as that user then I can't.

edit : I mentioned [Testing User's Permissions] which was a confusion by me (multitasking can be confusing). So Removed that part just now.
Last edited by warmweer on Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
dozaa

Post by dozaa »

warmweer wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:50 pm Tested this and I can't reproduce it.

How did you discover/confirm this?

If this was discovered using [Test out user’s permissions], then it's not a confirmed situation ATM. As Founder/Administrator with all permissions I can see and edit that user's profilefield with [Test out user’s permissions], but when I log in as that user then I can't.
I logon a random user account on another tab in incognito mode, set the accesses and tried.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Can you post the SRT with as much information as possible (as I don't know whether Kailey has been able to follow this up).
Provide as much info as possible.
As per Kailey you could even provide a test account (doesn't need to see your forums, just needs access to the UCP)
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader

Post by Kailey »

warmweer wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:36 pm as I don't know whether Kailey has been able to follow this up
I did. I asked him to post in his topic as I only wanted to see his settings and test. The Support Forums were the best place to continue discussion.
Re: Hi
Sent: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:53 am
by Kailey

I just tested this on my board. The administrator account can still edit the field, but the field does not show to regular users.
Re: Hi
Sent: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:43 am
by Kailey

Do you have a non-admin account I can test with? I believe the administrator can edit fields from the UCP regardless of option.

warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

I have now tested this on 3 different boards (all 3.3.5) with different php versions (7.3.21, 7.4.3, 8.0.7) and still cannot reproduce it.

The OP mentions:
dozaa wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:59 pm I logon a random user account on another tab in incognito mode, set the accesses and tried.
What does your incognito mode entail? And what does "setting the accesses" mean when you're logged in as a random user (without administrative privileges I presume) because as a random user without those administrative privileges I don't see how you can then "set the accesses".

dozaa

Post by dozaa »

warmweer wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:00 am I have now tested this on 3 different boards (all 3.3.5) with different php versions (7.3.21, 7.4.3, 8.0.7) and still cannot reproduce it.

The OP mentions:
dozaa wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:59 pm I logon a random user account on another tab in incognito mode, set the accesses and tried.
What does your incognito mode entail? And what does "setting the accesses" mean when you're logged in as a random user (without administrative privileges I presume) because as a random user without those administrative privileges I don't see how you can then "set the accesses".
So i have the Firefox tab open with my Admin Privileges, and Opera with incognito mode. I logon on a user account (without any access) on Opera (the browser with incognito mode). On the Opera account i set a group (without any mod/admin priv), then tried to modify the field via ucp.

I tried every group without mod/admin priv. still having same issue. I don't know if I explained bad, maybe because im noob at phpbb. So sorry 'bout that

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”