Custom profile filed point of concern

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: Custom profile filed point of concern

Post by warmweer »

dozaa wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:08 pm ...
So i have the Firefox tab open with my Admin Privileges, and Opera with incognito mode. I logon on a user account (without any access) on Opera (the browser with incognito mode). On the Opera account i set a group (without any mod/admin priv), then tried to modify the field via ucp.

I tried every group without mod/admin priv. still having same issue. I don't know if I explained bad, maybe because im noob at phpbb. So sorry 'bout that
I still fail to grasp what a user account (without any access) means in this respect.
If you are able to login with an "account", it implies that that account has access to the board and if that account is able to set a group (?), it implies administrative permissions.(unless you mean, join a group).
Just register a new user, then activate the account using your admin login, make sure he's member of Registered Users only, no other groups, and then log out. Then log in as that new user and see what you can do.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
dozaa

Re: Custom profile filed point of concern

Post by dozaa »

I fixed the problem somehow, i reinstalled the board and no one can modify that field from ucp anymore. Thanks for help guys :D

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”