How To Hide Posts?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
abrogard
Name: arthur brogard

How To Hide Posts?

Post by abrogard »

If I find a post that I want to keep but don't want every user to see it how do I handle that?
david63

Re: How To Hide Posts?

Post by david63 »

If it is just you that wants to be able to view it then probably the easiest way is to soft delete the post
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
abrogard
Name: arthur brogard

Post by abrogard »

'soft delete' ?

It is a post I find interesting but about a subject that I don't want my board to be a focus of (dark web type stuff actually ). so I thought it'd be handy for me to have it there and the guy who posted he's alright, not doing me any harm, just providing links, so don't want to delete his account...
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

abrogard wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:14 pm 'soft delete' ?

It is a post I find interesting but about a subject that I don't want my board to be a focus of (dark web type stuff actually ). so I thought it'd be handy for me to have it there and the guy who posted he's alright, not doing me any harm, just providing links, so don't want to delete his account...
If you don't want to delete the post, then move it to a forum only you have access to.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”