how to set up 'private areas'

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
abrogard
Name: arthur brogard

how to set up 'private areas'

Post by abrogard »

I think we can somehow set up areas of the board that only people in certain groups can access. Is that right?

If so how do I do it?
AmigoJack

Re: how to set up 'private areas'

Post by AmigoJack »

With groups, so only members of those have read access through group forum permissions.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
abrogard

Post by abrogard »

Yep, okay, thanks. And that's the only way to put things out of the way of the ordinary user?
david63

Post by david63 »

abrogard wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:51 am And that's the only way to put things out of the way of the ordinary user?
Yes
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

abrogard wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:51 am Yep, okay, thanks. And that's the only way to put things out of the way of the ordinary user?
You can also simply remove groups from the list with permissions. In this case only admins and moderators would have permissions assigned.

ACP >> permission tab >> forums permissions >> select a forum(s).

Highlight groups to remove under the "Manage groups" heading and click remove permissions.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
abrogard

Post by abrogard »

Excellent directions. Thank you.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”