Error after trying to upgrade to phpBB 3.3 from 3.0.7-PL1

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Stylewriter

Error after trying to upgrade to phpBB 3.3 from 3.0.7-PL1

Post by Stylewriter »

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade from an old 3.0.7-PL1 phpBB installation to the most current v3.3.5.

I followed the instructions outlined here: https://download.phpbb.com/pub/document ... tation.pdf.

After uploading the STK, I only ran the database cleaner. Should I have ran anything else? It removed two tables but did not seem to have modified anything else in any existing table.

I made sure, that all users have

Code: Select all

user_lang='en'
, as well as

user_style=1
, which corresponds to prosilver. All other styles have been removed, from files as well as from db entries.

The cache has been emptied as well.

At this point, I am not quite sure where else the issue might be that I am seeing this error message:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/template/twig/twig.php on line 142: Undefined index: style_path
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/template/twig/twig.php on line 145: Undefined index: style_parent_id
Is there anything else that I'd need to adjust in the database manually? I know it is a stretch to upgrade from such an old version to the newest one.

Any help or pointers are greatly appreciated :-)
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: Error after trying to upgrade to phpBB 3.3 from 3.0.7-PL1

Post by warmweer »

Stylewriter wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:27 pm ...
At this point, I am not quite sure where else the issue might be that I am seeing this error message:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/template/twig/twig.php on line 142: Undefined index: style_path
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/template/twig/twig.php on line 145: Undefined index: style_parent_id
I've had that same error with quite a few upgrades from 3.0 (a few is actually ± 50) .

What I did in that situation is the following:
IIRC the error appears at the 3.1 stage.
When the update is halted I just changed the styles table to the 3.1 format (with the correct data), and then restarted the database update.

Also, before starting the upgrade from 3.0 I let the STK clean everything except for any modifications whose data can be used by 3.3 extensions (ABBCodeBox, Gallery, a couple more but not much).
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
Stylewriter

Re: Error after trying to upgrade to phpBB 3.3 from 3.0.7-PL1

Post by Stylewriter »

warmweer wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:25 pm When the update is halted I just changed the styles table to the 3.1 format (with the correct data), and then restarted the database update.
Thanks a bunch for this hint! It did the trick for me as well. Now my board is runnig on 3.3.5 :-)

Thanks a lot for your help @warmweer!

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”