Moving Posts, Users, etc. to a NEW Build

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Browse007X

Moving Posts, Users, etc. to a NEW Build

Post by Browse007X »

Our server host recently moved us to a new server and we're needing to do a fresh install of phpBB as the one that was in use isn't compatible on the new server. I have access to the old database. Is there an easy way to move all the old users, posts, etc. over to the new build? I've tried using phpMyAdmin but it didn't seem to register the user or posts just showed one user with no posts. Any insight? Hoping to find an easy way to do this? Thank you!
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Re: Moving Posts, Users, etc. to a NEW Build

Post by P_I »

Might I suggest you take a look at Transferring Your Board to a New Host or Domain
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
AlfredoRamos
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Alfredo

Re: Moving Posts, Users, etc. to a NEW Build

Post by AlfredoRamos »

Browse007X wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:49 pm Our server host recently moved us to a new server and we're needing to do a fresh install of phpBB as the one that was in use isn't compatible on the new server.
What's the problem exactly?

If the issue is related to your server having higher PHP or MySQL/MariaDB versions, depending on those information (that you don't provide :lol: ) you could just upgrade your phpBB board.
Browse007X wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:49 pm Is there an easy way to move all the old users, posts, etc. over to the new build?
Having a version mismatch between your files and database will give you a lot or problems.
Some of my phpBB extensions:
:chart_with_upwards_trend: SEO Metadata | Image Markdown | :shield: hCaptcha
:trophy: Check out all my validated extensions :trophy:

:penguin: Arch Linux user | Linux Boards :penguin:

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”