How to hide user e-mail

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
bourne_br

How to hide user e-mail

Post by bourne_br »

Hi all, there's any way to hide the user e-mail in the profile?
david63

Re: How to hide user e-mail

Post by david63 »

Do you mean the link to be able to email a member because that actual email address should not be visible
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
bourne_br

Post by bourne_br »

Exactly!
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

Yes there is. Look in ACP=>General tab in the Client Communications section under Email settings

The setting you want to look at is:

Hide email addresses:
This function keeps email addresses completely private.

Here's the screenshot:
Screenshot 2022-01-24 114019.png
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

If you don't want to do a blanket removal the user can decide for themselves to hide/unhide it in the UCP under board preferences. Note that the email contact link is never hidden from admins and AFAIK moderators.

david63 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:36 pm Do you mean the link to be able to email a member because that actual email address should not be visible
When "Users send email via board:" is set to no it may not be visible as anchor text but it would be viewable in the HTML or when your default email program opens the link .
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”