Allow post automatically

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
hee

Allow post automatically

Post by hee »

In my default setup of phpbb, a person cannot post until I (as administrator) manually allow the post. I would like the posts to be automatically allowed.
I have looked everywhere in the ACP and I have found nothing that works. I have also searched on the web and found nothing that works. This is very very very frustrating because this should be something easy to do. Does anyone know?
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Allow post automatically

Post by Mick »

Welcome to phpBB.

You’ve probably got the ‘Newly Registered User’ group active. What setting do you have in ACP> General> User registration settings> New member post limit?
New member post limit: wrote: New members are within the Newly Registered Users group until they reach this number of posts. You can use this group to keep them from using the PM system or to review their posts. A value of 0 disables this feature.
Also, check what role is set in ACP> Permissions> Group permissions for the ‘Newly Registered User’ and ‘Registered Users’ groups.

See Knowledge Base - phpBB3 Permissions

If that’s not it please fill out the Support Request Template and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
david63

Post by david63 »

hee wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:39 am a person cannot post until I (as administrator) manually allow the post
Just a small correction to that - approving a post is a Moderator action not an Admin one. It is because you installed the board you automatically have moderator permissions as well as admin permissions.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
hee

Post by hee »

Mick wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:35 am Welcome to phpBB.

You’ve probably got the ‘Newly Registered User’ group active. What setting do you have in ACP> General> User registration settings> New member post limit?
New member post limit: wrote: New members are within the Newly Registered Users group until they reach this number of posts. You can use this group to keep them from using the PM system or to review their posts. A value of 0 disables this feature.
Also, check what role is set in ACP> Permissions> Group permissions for the ‘Newly Registered User’ and ‘Registered Users’ groups.

See Knowledge Base - phpBB3 Permissions

If that’s not it please fill out the Support Request Template and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
Thank you for your response.
The new member post limit is 3.
Newly Registered User Role: Newly Registered User Features
Registered User Role: Standard Features

????????????????
Steve
Name: Steven Clark

Post by Steve »

Set new member post limit to 0.
@ The Chief Medical Officers guideline for men is that: You are safest not to drink regularly more than 14 units per week.
- I drank that today++ :lol: 🍺
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

And then remove everyone from the Newly registered users group.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
david63

Post by david63 »

stevemaury wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:06 pm And then remove everyone from the Newly registered users group.
Won't they be automatically removed next time they log in?
David

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
hee

Post by hee »

Steve wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:28 pm Set new member post limit to 0.
Thanks. That worked.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

david63 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:58 pm
stevemaury wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:06 pm And then remove everyone from the Newly registered users group.
Won't they be automatically removed next time they log in?
Not unless they have three approved posts. It's not retroactive (I think).
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
david63

Post by david63 »

stevemaury wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:12 pm Not unless they have three approved posts. It's not retroactive (I think).
I thought that if you changed it from one value to a lowere value then any member who either exceeded that value, or equalled it would be removed from the grou. The check is done in real time and uses the current value.
David

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

You may be right. You're old and have nothing to do. Test it and report back. :)

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”