Upgrading from 3.3.4 to 3.3.7 Install not found.

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: Upgrading from 3.3.4 to 3.3.7 Install not found.

Post by warmweer »

Vinylwiz wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:21 pm No message appears, but here is my server root and the location of the files.
euh?? the printscreen shows directory and file dates >>> so that clearly shows that is not the place you uploaded the 3.3.7 fileset to.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
Vinylwiz

Post by Vinylwiz »

Just some History I think, I have been running this board for over 5 years and have done a few full upgrades during this time with no problems when going to the install step. I also have been in the IT industry most of my life so I understand where to put the files. I am not trying to be nasty here, but all should know that I am not a newbie in this world. There must me a reason for this install not kicking off. I will continue to troubleshoot the problem. Thanks for everyone's help! :)
Vinylwiz

Post by Vinylwiz »

warmweer wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:01 am
Vinylwiz wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:21 pm No message appears, but here is my server root and the location of the files.
euh?? the printscreen shows directory and file dates >>> so that clearly shows that is not the place you uploaded the 3.3.7 fileset to.
Look at the top of the printscreen, it shows the file location under root.
Steve
Name: Steven Clark

Post by Steve »

Do you have any file cache system installed on your server?
@ The Chief Medical Officers guideline for men is that: You are safest not to drink regularly more than 14 units per week.
- I drank that today++ :lol: 🍺
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Vinylwiz wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:20 pm Look at the top of the printscreen, it shows the file location under root.
Look at the date of the install folder: 3-18-2020
and the config.php which has size=0 and date 9-30-2020

Now all of that is explainable when extracting a phpBB fileset to an already existing fileset. But the install folder cannot have been present (or your board would never have run) in other words: that is not the location of your board (confirmed by testing docs/changelog.html > which is not a very secure test as /docs does not require being updated, or by testing styles/prosilver/style.cfg which should be in line with the phpBB version).
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Vinylwiz wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:19 pm Just some History I think, I have been running this board for over 5 years and have done a few full upgrades during this time with no problems when going to the install step. I also have been in the IT industry most of my life so I understand where to put the files. I am not trying to be nasty here, but all should know that I am not a newbie in this world. There must me a reason for this install not kicking off. I will continue to troubleshoot the problem. Thanks for everyone's help! :)
Everybody can make a mistake, also people with a lot of experience, and you made the mistake to upload the files to the wrong place, if you believe it or not ;)
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
Vinylwiz

Post by Vinylwiz »

janus_zonstraal wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:15 pm
Vinylwiz wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:19 pm Just some History I think, I have been running this board for over 5 years and have done a few full upgrades during this time with no problems when going to the install step. I also have been in the IT industry most of my life so I understand where to put the files. I am not trying to be nasty here, but all should know that I am not a newbie in this world. There must me a reason for this install not kicking off. I will continue to troubleshoot the problem. Thanks for everyone's help! :)
Everybody can make a mistake, also people with a lot of experience, and you made the mistake to upload the files to the wrong place, if you believe it or not ;)
Yes I can appreciate what your saying, I have seen it many times, however if I uploaded the files in the wrong place, why did ftp confirm that I was over writing my existing files? Where would you upload the files? For instance, Here is my root /public_html/, here is where my /phpBB3 directory is located. /public_html/phpBB3
Vinylwiz

Post by Vinylwiz »

Here is my full ftp screen, this is what I have been working with since the beginning a few years back. What looks wrong here?
Attachments
Capture.JPG
invenio

Post by invenio »

How is your config.php 0 kb?

I see the install folder there, so the board would not be active in it's current state. I see the date on that from 3/18/21, so you board would have been inactive for over a year now?

Why are your old folders like "/adm" older than say "/store" which would typically stay the same or be older?

Actually, you have a hodge podge of folder dates that don't look like my install. If you follow the install directions, essentially all files except for config.php, /store, /files,... should have the same dates.

More knowledgeable people can probably comment better but your folders don't look like my board files when it comes to the pattern of dating of the folders.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Vinylwiz wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:21 pm Here is my full ftp screen, this is what I have been working with since the beginning a few years back. What looks wrong here?
As mentioned before, the timestamps of certain directories are illogical: especially the /install (which would have been removed after installing 3.3.4), so a new upload would have a timestamp more fitting with a 337 upload, also an empty config.php (which shouldn't have been uploaded in the first place).

And: www.21frets.com/phpBB3 ... with a empty config.php should not open your board.
And: the /install should be automatically be recognised automatically and a notice would be given on accessing the board.

Which php version are you supposedly using with phpBB3.3.7? (your 3.3.4 is currently running with php 7.3.2)

janus_zonstraal

Is the address isn't correct ftp.21frets.com and your board is on 21frets.com
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on

#
# Uncomment the statement below if URL rewriting doesn't
# work properly. If you installed phpBB in a subdirectory
# of your site, properly set the argument for the statement.
# e.g.: if your domain is test.com and you installed phpBB
# in http://www.test.com/phpBB/index.php you have to set
# the statement RewriteBase /phpBB/
#
RewriteBase /phpBB/
Why /phpBB/?

janus_zonstraal

Still not found the correct location from your board?

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”