Admin Login Lockout

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
citabriabob

Admin Login Lockout

Post by citabriabob »

After many years of Admin use, I am suddenly locked out: The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.

Since I cannot log in as Admin, I am stuck. Help!
Robert
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: Admin Login Lockout

Post by warmweer »

citabriabob wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:36 pm After many years of Admin use, I am suddenly locked out: The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.

Since I cannot log in as Admin, I am stuck. Help!
If that's the emergency administrator account, you can just delete it (using phpMyadmin) and then recreate it.
But before doing that, delete /production and /installer from /cache and clear your browser cache and then try again.

BTW didn't you have another founder account (before the emergency admin account)?

Extra:
as I explained (half a year ago?) the emergency administrator account should be used for emergencies only, and once the emergency is over, it's best to remove it as it can always be recreated. If you do want a secondary founder account in place it's best to create another one (using a different name of course).
Last edited by warmweer on Wed May 18, 2022 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
citabriabob

Post by citabriabob »

Don't understand the "emergency Account". There is only one Admin account and I can't access it.

Thanks.
Robert
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

citabriabob wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:55 pm Don't understand the "emergency Account". There is only one Admin account and I can't access it.

Thanks.
You created the emergency admin account (an SQL on your database) for me (about half a year ago) (check your PMs - I don't have the PMs any more).

see the SQL in viewtopic.php?p=14680866#p14680866
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
citabriabob

Post by citabriabob »

OK. Cleared the browser cache and it all works now. Thanks for the solution.
Robert

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”