Migrated phpBB installation to live server - Admin Password Not Recognized

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Baroche

Migrated phpBB installation to live server - Admin Password Not Recognized

Post by Baroche »

Hello All

I'm a newbie to phpBB. I migrated my forum from a local XAMPP installation to a live server - everything looks good. However, when I tried to log on to the forum on the new server, using my password from the XAMPP installation, it said my password was incorrect.

Is this a cookie problem? I have not yet completed the last stage of the process which is "Changing Your Board's Cookie Setting" - only if you have moved to a new domain name ( do I need to do this?)

I am the Admin and I can see myself (forum username) as the only user, the online forum just doesn't recognize my password.

Please what should my next step be. I feel like I am so close! Thanks for any help.
Steve
Name: Steven Clark

Re: Migrated phpBB installation to live server - Admin Password Not Recognized

Post by Steve »

@ The Chief Medical Officers guideline for men is that: You are safest not to drink regularly more than 14 units per week.
- I drank that today++ :lol: 🍺
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

In phpMyAdmin, run the following, which will create an admin user named Admin1 with a password of admin. From that point you should be able to get into the ACP.

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_type, group_id, username, username_clean, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_lang, user_style, user_rank, user_colour, user_posts, user_permissions, user_ip, user_birthday, user_lastpage, user_last_confirm_key, user_post_sortby_type, user_post_sortby_dir, user_topic_sortby_type, user_topic_sortby_dir, user_avatar, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_jabber, user_actkey, user_newpasswd) VALUES (3, 5, 'Admin1', 'admin1', 0, '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', '[email protected]', 'en', 1, 1, 'AA0000', 1, '', '', '', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', '', '', '', '', '', '');
Change your table prefix if it is not phpbb_

See Executing SQL Queries in phpMyAdmin if you are unfamiliar with running database queries.

As soon as you have done this, use the temporary admin account to change the details on the original admin account, then delete the temporary account.
This is because:
  1. anyone could use that account to log in to your board if you didn't change the password.
  2. this temporary user has not been fully set up (e.g. it is not a member of the "Registered users" group, so it won't have normal access to your forums).
To remove the account you will first need to remove ???founder??? status from it: ACP > USERS AND GROUPS tab > Manage Users > Admin1 > Overview > Founder = No
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Baroche

Post by Baroche »

Hello Steve

I cannot thank you enough! I have been able to gain access to the forum with the version of your SQL to create another admin (other SQL versions to create admin1, were generating SQL errors, until I saw your reply to my post and your code WORKED!)

I have also removed "Founder" status for the Admin1 and deleted the account as per your instructions. Your help is so appreciated.

Everything is working ok on the live platform - THANKS AGAIN!

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”