How to bulk delete topics/posts?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
wayneh

How to bulk delete topics/posts?

Post by wayneh »

My forum suffered from hundreds of spam entries. I've taken some action against that (added a better Q&A question) and deleted (pruned) all the offending users. But many topics and posts remain.

How can I get rid of those? Again, the users have already been pruned.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: How to bulk delete topics/posts?

Post by KevC »

There is an option to delete a user and their posts at the same time so look out for that one next time.

See How to clean up a board hit by spam for some suggestions on clean up.

An easy one is to move all the topics to a newly created forum and then delete that.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
wayneh

Post by wayneh »

KevC wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:46 pmAn easy one is to move all the topics to a newly created forum and then delete that.
That sounds perfect. How do I move a topic?

And actually I just discovered that the offending topics are listed but most are all are already gone. So the problem is really that they appear on the list of topics.

I do not see a list of topics when using the Moderator Control Panel.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

You need to be a global moderator but you can click the MCP link at the top left to get a list of tick boxes down the right of the page and select individual or whole pages of topics and then delete or move at the bottom.

If you think you've already deleted them you might just need a resync.
Manage forums > click the yellow resync icon next to each one.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
wayneh

Post by wayneh »

KevC wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:21 pmIf you think you've already deleted them you might just need a resync.
Facepalm. I thought I had done that but I guess not. Of course it did the trick. Thanks!

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”