Converting from MyBB to phpBB

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Phillip

Converting from MyBB to phpBB

Post by Phillip »

Trying to convert from myBB to phpBB, I keep getting this error.

Could not find path to your former board. Please check your settings and try again.» /home1/user/public_html/domainname was specified as the source path.

I'm putting the right path in and it keeps saying that.
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
― Bernard M. Baruch​
Phillip

Re: Converting from MyBB to phpBB

Post by Phillip »

Nevermind, ended up giving more errors after...so going to try to do the installation again...doing this from Softaculous in the cpanel.
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
― Bernard M. Baruch​
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Phillip wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:55 pm
Nevermind, ended up giving more errors after...so going to try to do the installation again...doing this from Softaculous in the cpanel.
Host installs (such as Softacilous) can cause problems. I would suggest using files downloaded from phpBB.com (if something doesn't work as expected, at least the members offering support will know which files were used and and (unknown) host file changes shouldn't be an issue).
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.
Phillip

Post by Phillip »

That's true. I just ended up doing a fresh installation with phpBB, I didn't have anything on the forum to lose.
― Bernard M. Baruch​

Return to “[3.3.x] Convertors”