The conversion from beta5 to RC1 went without issue for me utilizing this procedure...
1. Backed up everything: sql, board, and files in forum directory.
2. Wiped out the files on the domain in the forum directory.
3. Uploaded phpbb3 RC1 to forum directory.
4. Installed phpbb3 RC1 as a new install:
- Used same database that beta5 was installed in..
- Used phpbb3_ as table prefix for RC 1
5. Used advice to rename tables. I had to rename a lot of them, but this is dependent on what you want to restore from your beta5 database.
mySQL query example...
Code: Select all
rename table phpbb_table_name to phpbb3_table_name;
6. Relocated attachments from backup of forum directory to ../forums/files/ to restore post attachements.
7. Working on restoring my old mods to new new skins.
But, I couldnt get the avatars to reattach to users. Anyone have a clue on that?
Also... adressing the style data issue:
Everytime I came across that, the flush cache option from the ACP remedied it. You can avoid having that error pop up by clearing your cache. In FTP, navigate to the ../forums/cache and delete all but index.htm and htaccess.
If you back up your forum files and wipe the directory, it isnt an issue.