Adds a Google Search box to your Forum. The responsive style uses the default 'Advanced Search' Icon to access the Advanced Search where the Google Search is also available. The Admin can choose whether the search appears in the Header, Navbar or on the Index underneath Breadcrumbs (which also adds the default search). The Extension is supplied with a "search the whole web" Google Search Engine ID, which can be replaced with your own custom ID if you wish. The results are shown in a Forum page.
The Search Boxes are disabled on unsupported browsers. Google Search is still available in Advanced Search options.
Automatic rtl switching included.
You can also add your own Google Verification Code if you wish
- Language Pack ar, es, es_x_tu, et, fl , fr, it, nl, pt_br, ru, sv HERE
- prosilver SE
- It should work with all prosilver based styles, although not all search positions will show correctly.
- In all cases the Google Search will still appear on the advanced search page.
- Download the latest release and unzip it.
- Copy the folder
hifikabinto the ext folder e.g:
root/extand enable it in the ACP
My Extension Forum or This Forum
- Google Search 3.1.3/3.2.4 is a visual match with my NavBar Search Extension. This will allow you to place the phpBB search on the NavBar or Index in unison with where you place Google Search.
- How do I get my Google Custom ID and Verification Code? Click Here
- If you want to revert to the default search, use this Google Search Engine ID
- Please read This Post if you have Cloudflare enabled.
Tested on phpBB version: 3.3.0
Download file: googlesearch_3_2_4.zip
File size: 22.1 KiB
Extension overview page: View
Except where otherwise noted, the phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this extension. By installing this extension, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Extension Customisations Team may not be able to provide support.