Mistake in Prosilver

For support and discussion related to templates and themes in phpBB 3.3.
Tastenplayer
Name: Jutta Koliofotis

Mistake in Prosilver

Post by Tastenplayer »

I thought I had made a mistake when my style was rejected in the validation about the mistake in profile. But this is definitely the case in Prosilver and in 3.3.0 this mistake still exists.
prosilver_850px.jpg
responsive.css 564

Code: Select all

@media (max-width: 850px) {
	.postprofile { width: 28%; }

}
As soon as the code is erased, it's right again.
prosilver_850px 2.jpg
Unfortunately I only noticed this now, because I took over the responsive from the Prosilver in the Nature, because it is a style framework for people who want to create a style themselves. Now I had to adapt it to 3.2.9 for someone and also controlled the responsive.
More of my styles you can find in my phpBB Style Board & More
Be the best version of yourself rather than a bad copy of someone else!
Excuse me for my English, but I learned the language by speaking to people and not at school.
Mannix_
Name: Matt

Re: Mistake in Prosilver

Post by Mannix_ »

I just look briefly through older versions of prosilver and all have the same width values so this issue must be very old
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-My Styles-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
HexagonHexagonRebornCleanSilverProject Durango
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Need help with styling or want me to port a style to 3.3.x etc. contact me here or here.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!
DTMWC

Post by DTMWC »

This bug was pointed out right back at 3.2.0 as was the bug with the forum/topic icons not being positioned correctly in the RTL version on small screens.

A team member already knew about it and posted the css fix, but said I would have to create a bug report to get it fixed - I didn't bother as it seems pointless posting a bug report when a team member already knows about the bug and posted the fix.

Both issues still exist in 3.3.0 so it looks like they won't be fixed until someone is prepared to do something bloody bizarre... report a bug - which they already know exists. :lol: (my point is that if a team member knows of a bug - they could have fixed it - rather than ask the next person who spots it to report it just to get the fix process started)

The good thing about the style being rejected is that it shows that the validation team are now being more thorough in the checks they carry out - which is important for phpBB going forward, just a shame that it's not the fault of the style author.
If you use CodePen... Give @SMKS's Thank You NHS pen a like.
Mannix_

Post by Mannix_ »

Dan Stylez wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:44 am
A team member already knew about it and posted the css fix,
what is the fix then?

Need help with styling or want me to port a style to 3.3.x etc. contact me here or here.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!
pit-PL

Post by pit-PL »

@media (min-width: 850px) {
	.postbody { width: 76%; }
}

76%+28%=104%
Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

Just delete it from responsive.css. :mrgreen:
Adjust the responsive completely new, as always. I thought, for a basic style to create your own style, you could also use the responsive.css of the prosilver in an unadapted way.

If it is already known, then what do you need to create a bug report for?
The prosilver is the default style inserted in phpBB. You would think that I install a forum with prosilver and it would work correctly, including the responsive.
Mannix_ wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:12 pm
I just look briefly through older versions of prosilver and all have the same width values so this issue must be very old
In 3.1.10 it was correct. Not since 3.2.0.
Excuse me for my English, but I learned the language by speaking to people and not at school.
_Vinny_
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Marcus Vinicius

Post by _Vinny_ »

Dan Stylez wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:44 am
This bug was pointed out right back at 3.2.0 as was the bug with the forum/topic icons not being positioned correctly in the RTL version on small screens.

A team member already knew about it and posted the css fix, but said I would have to create a bug report to get it fixed - I didn't bother as it seems pointless posting a bug report when a team member already knows about the bug and posted the fix.

Both issues still exist in 3.3.0 so it looks like they won't be fixed until someone is prepared to do something bloody bizarre... report a bug - which they already know exists. :lol: (my point is that if a team member knows of a bug - they could have fixed it - rather than ask the next person who spots it to report it just to get the fix process started)

The good thing about the style being rejected is that it shows that the validation team are now being more thorough in the checks they carry out - which is important for phpBB going forward, just a shame that it's not the fault of the style author.
Any bug or problem should be reported to the tracker, so developers can know about the problem and work in a fix. This is how any development process works.
Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

Yes, but the Prosilver should be thoroughly checked anyway, is my opinion. If it already has such errors in the prosilver, the work for the style authors is made much more difficult, because our styles go through validation and are tested to the blood.

One should actually only create real child styles. Which then reacts even more tricky to errors contained in the prosilver.

And this error seems to have been known for some time.
Talk19Zehn

Post by Talk19Zehn »

Hello, I would spontaneously breakpoints in the responsive.css lines 560 - 568 (phpBB-3.2.9 and 3.3.0)

@media (min-width: 850px) {
}

}

Test, test, test ....

replace with:

@media (min-width: 701px) and (max-width: 850px) {
	.postprofile { width: 22%; }
}

Does this idea represent an alternative or does someone have other empirical values. Determining the breakpoints of individual (newer) browser worlds is probably nonsensical. It would be likely that I missed something in my online tests.
Devices: Mobile landscape, Tablet portrait react now better / more correctly. Is this right? My thoughts: A "middle-way" is advisable, also from the developer's point of view.

Possibly a clue for developers / designers: Statistics (in multiple selection) ....
Tablet Screen Resolution Stats Worldwide - 2019
Dec 2018 - Dec 2019 https://gs.statcounter.com/screen-resolution-stats/tablet/worldwide

Best regards
Mannix_

Post by Mannix_ »

There is much simple solution this problem only shows up at exact 850px so if we change min-width from 850 to 851 everything align properly but there has to be a better way then assigning values depending on screen resolution. Those settings weren't even a part of 3.1.x styles so I have no idea why they were introduced in the first place in 3.2.x :)

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

So, if you delete this @media (max-width: 850px) { .postprofile { width: 28%; } - it looks correct everywhere in my styles. Or have I now missed something again.
Anyway, my check with https://www.responsive.cc/ shows everything correctly. You just have to click on forum index in every single display first, otherwise the navbar will not be displayed correctly.
Assumes, of course, that the entire responsive.css of the prosilver is included in the style.css.
Mannix_

Post by Mannix_ »

@media (min-width: 850px)
.postbody {
    width: 76%;
}
to

@media (min-width: 851px)
.postbody {
    width: 76%;
}

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

All right, I'll take another look at it. Styles would be now actually ready packed for exchange upload in my forum :) .
Good thing I haven't submitted it for validation yet.

@Mannix_
Right, looks correct so far.

@Talk19zehn
Right, looks correct so far too. It's a good idea two in one fell swoop :lol:
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] »

_Vinny_ wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:54 am
Any bug or problem should be reported to the tracker, so developers can know about the problem and work in a fix. This is how any development process works.
Hi!

Has it been reported by anyone? :roll:
I comment to report or not, because if it's not reported to the tracker, it will not be solved guys. ;)

Best regards.
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies | Styles Queue Stats :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate.
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

Talk19Zehn

Post by Talk19Zehn »

Hello Raul, I have not found an entry or used an incorrect search-word. I'm not registered there and suggest that maybe you or _Vinny_ will take over the part of that message. Thanks for the help from the style-support :) or any person who would like to deal with a topic into the tracker.

A feedback and a link to the report would then certainly be welcome here.

Hopefully this "bug" is not considered purely cosmetic.

Many greetings

Return to “[3.3.x] Styles Support & Discussion”