Any way to change the color of the background for ACP

For support and discussion related to templates and themes in phpBB 3.3.
Tastenplayer
Name: Jutta Koliofotis

Re: Any way to change the color of the background for ACP

Post by Tastenplayer »

durangod wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:03 am
Maybe i should peek outside, are there still hippies blocking my driveway going to that huge concert in the field lol :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW2_z4EyTrw Woodstock Forever Festival 2019 - Trailer :mrgreen:
More of my styles you can find in my phpBB Style Board & More
Be the best version of yourself rather than a bad copy of someone else!
Excuse me for my English, but I learned the language by speaking to people and not at school.
Gumboots

Post by Gumboots »

durangod wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:03 am
Gumboots thats just pretty dang cool... kudos on that one :)

I have had windows 10 for many years and just leaned tonight that they have a dark theme as well...
I tried it when I first got Windows 10. Personally I find it a bit crude and out of balance. It gives the impression they just said "Hey let's makes the background black and the text white and leave everything else the same". And of course since it's Microsoft you can't do anything about that. I can work with light themes, so I stick with their light one.

By the way, as you've probably figured out by now using a browser extension to do your ACP tweaks might make more sense than editing the default CSS directly. No worries about writing or maintaining the extension. Just chuck in your CSS and Bob's your uncle. I do this quite a lot with sites I frequent. If they don't present me with something I like, I kick it around until it stops annoying me. You could have a dark theme here if you really wanted it.
durangod
Name: Dave

Post by durangod »

@tastenplayer - yes that is an amazing experience when everyone enjoys the music and behaves themselves. But sadly too many times young people seem to act like freedom and love is an excuse to be destructive, ignorant, and violent and and up making it a bad experience for those around them. I hope they continue to have it every year or even every 5 years and keep the troublemakers at bay.

@Gumboots - yes i am aware of that thanks :) Also remember that I am still in the "oh this is great phase" coming from having nothing to all kinds of dark tools. Eventually like most i will start seeing ways they can improve it and want more, but for now i am happy having what i have. :)
durangod
Name: Dave

Post by durangod »

Hey Gumboots check this out, i think i found a gold mine here...

Try the firefox extension "dark background and light text" and do a google search to test it... and also open up cpanel and open up a file.... sweet huh ?

and on the chrome side, its not as good there are some page elements that it does not cover unlike FF version.. And with chrome you have to toggle the page dark, load it normal and then click the provided icon to turn it dark. That extension on chrome is called super dark mode.

Its pretty cool to have all the page stuff covered now. I got tired of seeing dark and then doing a search for something on the web and bam a bright white page... lol but these both take care of that..

now cpanel looks sweet, even the edit page is dark... :)

I just hope that these extensions dont also bring with them security issues with passwords and stuff ya know..
Gumboots

Post by Gumboots »

Looks like a handy thing. I don't use either of those browsers, except for testing, but should be useful for those that do. I might install it on my test copy of FF and pull the CSS apart for fun.

Return to “[3.3.x] Styles Support & Discussion”