Create and keep custom colours for the forum

For support and discussion related to templates and themes in phpBB 3.3.
jewel123

Create and keep custom colours for the forum

Post by jewel123 »

If I ask our web developer to colour match the phpbb forum to our website will it possible to keep the colour changes when I need to update or upgrade the phpbb software?

In order to do this, I'm going to assume he will need to put a link in the overall_header to a css style sheet and this is something I would need to repeat after updating/upgrading.

Also, is it possible to create a separate style sheet for the new colours and put this with the other css files for the forum? Again, I would need to keep a copy of this style sheet and replace it after updating/upgrading.

Can I have advice whether this is the way to achieve and keep the new colour scheme? Obviously I want to be able to control this myself and not have to wait on him each time a change is made to the forum files. Thanks.
Mannix_
Name: Matt

Re: Create and keep custom colours for the forum

Post by Mannix_ »

You can do that or you can just create simple extension that appends the link to your css file so that when the update/upgrade comes you don't have do anything.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-My Styles-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
HexagonHexagonRebornCleanSilverProject Durango
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Need help with styling or want me to port a style to 3.2.x etc. contact me here or here.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!
ssl
Name: Fred

Post by ssl »

Hi
The best is still to create a personalized style based on Prosilver. All the modifications will have to be made in the personal style, this style will not be modified during the updates of the forum.
Sorry for my English ... I do my best!
jewel123

Post by jewel123 »

Thanks for your responses.

ssl, are you talking about a separate css style sheet when you refer to personalised style?

Return to “[3.3.x] Styles Support & Discussion”