Is the .dl_links class deprecated in 3.3.1?

For support and discussion related to templates and themes in phpBB 3.3.
Gumboots

Is the .dl_links class deprecated in 3.3.1?

Post by Gumboots »

Found this class in the depths of the CSS files, but a recursive search of the whole shebang doesn't seem to turn up any hits in any other file (CSS or otherwise).

Code: Select all

.action-bar div.dl_links { etc.
Just wondering if I've missed something, or if it's a leftover from a previous version and can be ditched without issues.
Mannix_
Name: Matt

Re: Is the .dl_links class deprecated in 3.3.1?

Post by Mannix_ »

probably a leftover found one myself yesterday :)
Did I helped You? Consider a donation. I don't drink 🍺 :lol:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-My Styles-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
HexagonHexagonRebornCleanSilverProject Durango
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Need help with styling or want me to port a style to 3.3.x etc. contact me here or here.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!
Gumboots

Post by Gumboots »

Oh yes? Which one did you find? I'm doing a bit of cleaning up for my own benefit, so if there's another leftover I'd like to nail it. :)
Mannix_
Name: Matt

Post by Mannix_ »

Gumboots wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:29 am
Oh yes? Which one did you find?
small-icon in buttons.css I think. If you catch them all 😂you could submit pr to get them removed in the next version.
Did I helped You? Consider a donation. I don't drink 🍺 :lol:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-My Styles-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
HexagonHexagonRebornCleanSilverProject Durango
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Need help with styling or want me to port a style to 3.3.x etc. contact me here or here.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!
Gumboots

Post by Gumboots »

Lol. I could try I suppose. TBH though I haven't used GitHub for so long that I can't remember how it works. Never did like it anyway. I can do you a list of anything I find, if that helps (classes, line numbers, files, etc).

ETA: Aha. Found it in the changelog.

<li>[<a href="http://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-12168">PHPBB3-12168</a>] - Nav Header Links Alignment Issues without small-icon</li>
Handy to know. I'll check the alignment while I'm at it. And yes, doesn't appear anywhere except buttons.css, so a candidate for summary execution. Turns out I'd already killed it, but hadn't remembered. :lol:
Gumboots

Post by Gumboots »

Found a few more. Maybe double check these, just in case I missed something, but these classes in utilities.css appear to exist nowhere else:

.center-block
.hide
.show
.invisible
.text-hide
.affix
.pull-left
.pull-right
NB: fontawesome.min.css has fa-pull-left and fa-pull-right. The (last two) equivalent classes obviously came from FA originally, but are only in utilities.css now. The .hidden class, which is in among these other classes in utilities.css, still appears to be in use.

common.css:
The .text-italics class isn't deprecated, but should be. It's only used by one em tag in bbcode.html, and of course em tags are defined as italic anyway. The .text-strong class is called by one strong tag in bbcode.html (ie: bold anyway) and one anchor in overall_footer.html (the footer ACP link).

The HTML u tag is is in common.css, defined as text-decoration: underline; (which is default HTML presentation anyway) and the u tag isn't called in any 3.3.1 markup AFAICT. The i, em and dfn tags are defined along with the .text-italics class, but offhand I can't see the need to use CSS to duplicate standard HTML rendering for those tags.

.navbar .linklist and .navlinks are the same thing (both refer to #nav-breadcrumbs).
Oh and while I think of it, .linklist doesn't need to be defined as display: block; (standard for ul's anyway). Nor does it need margin: 0; (all ul's were defined as margin: 0; earlier in the CSS).

The .autocol class (previously in .table1) appears to be deprecated. Only occurs in common.css. I think the same applies to .table1 tbody th but I haven't checked absolutely every table1. The majority seem to only have td's in tbody.

table.info td and table.info tbody th are deprecated. There are th's, td's and dd's with the .info class, but not tables. The th's and td's are all in .table1 parents.

Edit: The .rowbg class is deprecated too. So are some of the ones in the notifications code blocks (can't remember them all offhand, but another search will turn them up). Quite apart from actual deprecated classes, there is a lot of just plain unnecessary code. Or there was. I've been having fun with my chainsaw. :lol:

Also deprecated:

.lastpostavatar img {
	border: none !important;
}
-----------------------------------
This is unnecessary (the markup is dt > strong anyway):

.faq dt {
    font-weight: 700;
}

Return to “[3.3.x] Styles Support & Discussion”