Change unread topics titles colour

For support and discussion related to templates and themes in phpBB 3.3.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: Change unread topics titles colour

Post by warmweer »

timeforhelp1 wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:29 am
Sounds good, will try that.
Err actually, how lol and where?
There's no.css file specific to viewforum_body.html (at leats not something I can immediately find) .
I think it could be done easily with an extension.

Use an event to add a.css file to be used with viewforum.body.html
hmm, just thought about that and it won't work (no event available - I checked), but it could actually be added to the Red title for new topic and new reply extension (using overall_header_head_append) - or just make it a separate extension.
Disclaimer: I didn't try it - if someone else does : don't test it on a board you don't want to hurt ;-)
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.
Gumboots

Post by Gumboots »

Yup. My 2c would be that if you already have an extension installed that calls its own CSS file (most of them seem to) and if it's an extension that seems to keep working without needing to be updated (some do) then the easiest option is to add the new trickery to the end of that extension's CSS (make sure you comment it so you know what it is six months later). That way you won't have to worry about it very often. It can just stay put while you upgrade the forum itself.

Do note that my suggestion was just a ten second proof of concept test on default Prosilver, so you may want to adjust the looks further.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Gumboots wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:07 pm
Do note that my suggestion was just a ten second proof of concept test on default Prosilver, so you may want to adjust the looks further.
Doesn't it all start with a proof of concept? ;)
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.
Gumboots

Post by Gumboots »

I was covering my arse for when someone invariably says "I tried it and it looks like rubbish on my style". :lol:

Return to “[3.3.x] Styles Support & Discussion”