Changing style trouble

For support and discussion related to templates and themes in phpBB 3.3.
Utilisateur8000

Changing style trouble

Post by Utilisateur8000 »

I'm new and I have phpbb 3.3. I tried to change the default style on my forum to prosilver based style named flat style for phpbb 3.3. I actiavte it and make it default in the ACP. I also have changed board settings to have guest style as flat style and override setting to yes. I then clear the cache for website. When all that is done I try to go to my website but it will only load up as blank white page. Why is that?
david63

Re: Changing style trouble

Post by david63 »

A blank white page is normally indicative of a suppressed PHP error. You need to look at your boards error logs in order to ascertain what is causing the problem.

Your error logs should be accessible from your hosting account's control panel - if not then ask your hosts how to access them.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Utilisateur8000

Ok so I've checked the eror log and in the section "Latest web server error log messages" it shows

[Sun Apr 11 06:43:47.800500 2021] [authz_core:error] [pid 447599:tid 47749620774656] [client 205.185.122.102:0] AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /home/h61691/public_html/config/getuser

I've asked on a support ticket where the issue might be with this and they said the error might occur due to settings from the .htaccess that is locatd in public_html/config directory. So I went and checked that file and here's what it reads

Code: Select all

# With Apache 2.4 the "Order, Deny" syntax has been deprecated and moved from
# module mod_authz_host to a new module called mod_access_compat (which may be
# disabled) and a new "Require" syntax has been introduced to mod_authz_core.
# We could just conditionally provide both versions, but unfortunately Apache
# does not explicitly tell us its version if the module mod_version is not
# available. In this case, we check for the availability of module
# mod_authz_core (which should be on 2.4 or higher only) as a best guess.
<IfModule mod_version.c>
	<IfVersion < 2.4>
		Order Allow,Deny
		Deny from All
	</IfVersion>
	<IfVersion >= 2.4>
		Require all denied
	</IfVersion>
</IfModule>
<IfModule !mod_version.c>
	<IfModule !mod_authz_core.c>
		Order Allow,Deny
		Deny from All
	</IfModule>
	<IfModule mod_authz_core.c>
		Require all denied
	</IfModule>
</IfModule>

Anything that looks like I should change it?
david63

Post by david63 »

That error message is from the access log - you need to look in the error log for the blank page problem.

The access log message is quite normal and is just confirming that the server settings are doing their job.
David

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Utilisateur8000

Oh ok I figured out where error log was. Also I was thinking way to hard about this and was able to resolve the issue. Thanks for the help though at least I still learned something ;)
david63

Post by david63 »

Utilisateur8000 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:42 pm Oh ok I figured out where error log was. Also I was thinking way to hard about this and was able to resolve the issue. Thanks for the help though at least I still learned something ;)
And for the benefit of anyone else with this problem - the solution was?
David

Utilisateur8000

A bit embarrassing but since I was trying to put flat style all I had to do was make sure was that prosilver style was still activated and also have the flat style activated as well. Which I could have sworn I tried but apparently not :L . I probably didn't clear the cache the first try.
eeji

Post by eeji »

If you have flat style set as the default for users and guests, and also have Override user style set to 'yes' then prosilver can be deactivated. So long as it's still installed, flat style will still inherit from it even though it's not available to your users.
My phpBB styles: phpbbstyles.iansvivarium.com
My "board": iansvivarium.com
(yes, it's running phpBB!)

Return to “[3.3.x] Styles Support & Discussion”