Clicked links change colour unintentionally

For support and discussion related to templates and themes in phpBB 3.3.

Clicked links change colour unintentionally

Post by 607 »

Good day. I looked for 5 minutes and could not find this issue described anywhere. Excuse me if it was dealt with, and feel free to just link me to the concerned earlier topic in that case.
For many months I have been puzzled by something while creating my edit of prosilver. When a link is clicked and released, it changes colour. My forum is at https://k3forum.nl, and the behaviour can be easily seen by opening a link in a new tab. The colour of the text changes to blue, until you click elsewhere on the page. The strange thing is that this exact colour cannot be found in either my colours.css (in styles\allekleuren\theme) or prosilver's colours.css (in styles\prosilver\theme). Where does this come from, then?
Besides searching for this colour and studying prosilver's colours.css, I looked online for link variations, to no avail. It is not a:visited that causes this.
A similar issue seems to occur when clicking buttons.

Re: Clicked links change colour unintentionally

Post by 607 »

Well then. I have genuinely looked into many times, but finally now, so shortly after deciding to take the effort to ask and request the effort to answer, I stumbled upon the solution. The property in question is 'focus'.
Mannix_
Name: Matt

Post by Mannix_ »

607 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:48 am Well then. I have genuinely looked into many times, but finally now, so shortly after deciding to take the effort to ask and request the effort to answer, I stumbled upon the solution.
This happened to me multiple times don't worry :lol:
Did I helped You? Consider a donation.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!

Post by 607 »

Mannix_ wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:57 am
607 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:48 am Well then. I have genuinely looked into many times, but finally now, so shortly after deciding to take the effort to ask and request the effort to answer, I stumbled upon the solution.
This happened to me multiple times don't worry :lol:
Haha, thanks!
Well, my problem is now solved, but I do still wonder why a:focus is not defined in prosilver's colours.css. To make sure, I redownloaded prosilver and did a ctrl + F in colours.css; it's not in there. What does the default blue colour come from, then? A different css file? The browser settings?
Mannix_
Name: Matt

Post by Mannix_ »

607 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:01 am Haha, thanks!
Well, my problem is now solved, but I do still wonder why a:focus is not defined in prosilver's colours.css. To make sure, I redownloaded prosilver and did a ctrl + F in colours.css; it's not in there. What does the default blue colour come from, then? A different css file? The browser settings?
If you would look close enough using inpection tools you would see it is defined in base.css

Code: Select all

a:hover, a:focus, a:active {
    color: #2a6496;
    text-decoration: underline;
}
Did I helped You? Consider a donation.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!

Return to “[3.3.x] Styles Support & Discussion”