I hope I am in the right place

For support and discussion related to templates and themes in phpBB 3.3.
JamesMusslewhite1

I hope I am in the right place

Post by JamesMusslewhite1 »

I had an initial login issue, but was resolved. I purchased a Metro phpBB3 from ThemeForest by pixelgoose. I am so unfamiliar to phpBB that for over a week I was trying to upload the theme onto the WordPress account I have on BlueHost. I eventually came to realize the Metro theme required the uploading of the phpBB program, which proved to be quite easy. Then that phpBB is easily accepted by my BlueHost account. So now I only need to muddle my way through the process of properly uploading the theme onto the cPanal of BlueHost.

I was wondering of such a thread is on the forum, which might have a viable walk-through of such a process? I tried to look before posting, but found the forum rather daunting and confusing. Thank you for any assistance, as I must first be able to upload the template before I can any further with the program. I apologize for my obvious ineptitude to this process, but I find myself a rather lost puppy at this point.

james
Last edited by thecoalman on Tue May 04, 2021 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to Styles Support & Discussion
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Re: I hope I am in the right place

Post by thecoalman »

While they may be interchangeable phpBB uses the term styles instead of theme. The files you downloaded should have directory structure like themename/style.cfg The "themename" folder may contain other files or folders like template and theme.

The "themename" folder and it's contents need to be uploaded to the styles folder on your server. Once uploaded if you go into phpBB's ACP >> Customize tab it should be listed to install.

Do not uninstall or deactivate prosilver. To force the style on all users go to the main page of the ACP >> Board Settings link on left. Set the default style to whatever you want and below that select override user style.

While this is general support if you have any support questions specific to that style they need to be asked where you downloaded it. Any style downloaded here will have it's own support section.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
JamesMusslewhite1

Thank you for the response. I will carefully follow the information you posted, and see if I can successful complete this upload. So now I roll-up the sleeves and try to tackle this bull by the horns.
JamesMusslewhite1

Well I am still trying to understand the unload process of this Metro ThemeForest phpBB3 Style, I am actually still no further than when I originally began. All these Youtube videos have me thoroughly confused as none actually seem to relate, or they only discuss ThemeForest WordPress themes. The cPanels setups either differ than that of BlueHost, or primarily focused on ThemeForest (non-phpBB) WordPress themes. I have yet found a single website article discussing the steps and procedures of the downloading/uploading of the Metro phpBB3 Style. And as well over a thousand of these Styles have been sold, with virtually nothing having been written on the internet? Means I must be perhaps be the most inept individual to ever had tried to upload this Style since first being released.

I know then there can not be too many moving parts, but yet it still puzzles the heck out of me.
ssl
Name: Fred Rimbert

Post by ssl »

Hi
Follow this for installing a style: https://www.phpbb.com/styles/installing/
Sorry for my English ... I do my best!

phpBB: 3.3.11 | PHP: 8.2.16
[GitHub] - [Kill spam on phpBB] - [Some French translation of extensions]
"Mistress, Mistress someone is bothering me in pm"
JamesMusslewhite1

Thank you for the reply, your English is fine for me. I appreciate your link, and will read and follow it closely this evening. I will send you a response to let you know if I was successful or not.

james

Return to “[3.3.x] Styles Support & Discussion”