Can't change default PHPBB logo

For support and discussion related to templates and themes in phpBB 3.3.
Serena123

Can't change default PHPBB logo

Post by Serena123 »

Hi I installed the metrolike style on a new install of 3.3.5:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/metrolike

I read the tutorial on how to change the logo here:
https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... oard-logo/

I uploaded my custom site_logo.jpg with the default size 149x52 to both metrolike/theme/images and prosilver/theme/images

I even renamed the existing site_logo.svg and existing site_logo.gif as site_logo_orig.svg and site_logo_orig.gif so they couldn't be used.

I changed the colours.css in both styles to reference my .jpg instead of .svg or .gif

*I purged cache in ACP.* I checked main forum page in Edge, FF, & Chrome.

All three still show the default PHPBB logo despite renaming the original file.

I am stumped! Any suggestions? :?
Attachments
phpbb.jpg
phpbb.jpg (10.94 KiB) Viewed 1691 times
Last edited by HiFiKabin on Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to Style Support
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Re: Can't change default PHPBB logo

Post by thecoalman »

You have cleared the browsers cache? Additionally if you are using service like Cloudflare you will need to clear the cache there too.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
Serena123

Post by Serena123 »

I was getting different results in diff browsers so that's how I narrowed it down to a browser issue. Simple mistake but it almost drove me mad! LOL I've installed many scripts before (wordspress, phpnuke, and vbulletin, etc) and this was harder than it needed to be. Something as simple as changing a logo shouldn't be this difficult. There shouldn't be a need for a detailed step by step write up on how to do this. There should be a option in the ACP that lets you do this.
Mannix_
Name: Matt

Post by Mannix_ »

I think that will come with 4.0 but for now there is an extension for it phpBB • [3.2][RC] Site Logo
Did I helped You? Consider a donation.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

Serena123 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:21 pm I was getting different results in diff browsers so that's how I narrowed it down to a browser issue. Simple mistake but it almost drove me mad!
Files like .css, images, .js and others will almost always be cached by the browser unless there is odd server configuration.

This is something you will want to do now and in the future. Go into stylesheet.css and change the hash values for the files you edited. For example if it was common.css.

Find:

@import url("common.css?hash=a9741ba1");

Replace with:

@import url("common.css?hash=anything");

Save and upload, purge the cache which should increment the asset version which will force the browser to download new version of stylesheet.css, subsequently it will also force it to download new versions of the files with asset value changed.

This will insure your users are seeing what you expect. This edit to stylesheet.css does not need to be maintained through updates.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison

Return to “[3.3.x] Styles Support & Discussion”