Automatic Daylight Savings Time (DST)

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
MartectX
Translator

Re: Automatic Daylight Savings Time (DST)

Post by MartectX » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:31 am

Martin Day wrote:I thought you would like to know that I also raised the issue with Alightner, author of the "[Beta] phpBB Calendar 0.1.0 (alightner)" Mod who pointed me in the direction of a potential solution that you had come up with previously here: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0#p8599285

To my eye it look like this might solve my problem but I won't have a chance to try it out for a few days, so I wanted to acknowledge it and thank you for the help in the meantime.
Yes, that looks good. Since it has been over a year I'd posted that I have all forgotten about it. Just be careful that the solution in question was proposed when Automatic DST was still at v1.0.6 and Calendar was at v0.8.0 so it might just not work.

Martin Day

Post by Martin Day » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:02 pm

Martex,

Unfortunately it does look like newer releases of the respective Mods have frustrated the previous fix you created that wove them both together. As the problem is manifesting primarily in the '[Beta] phpBB Calendar 0.1.0 (alightner)' Mod I have posted the error details there ... http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p12403725
I wonder if you could give them a quick eyeball just in case you can see if it's a quick tweak to get it working again?

Thanks.
Martin

MartectX
Translator

Post by MartectX » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:39 pm

Martin Day wrote:I wonder if you could give them a quick eyeball just in case you can see if it's a quick tweak to get it working again?
I finished my work on SkyLine yesterday, today I'll have to look into my other mod (Milestones). After I get that done I'll help you with your problem!

EDIT: Here's the follow-up. :geek:

Phil7789

Post by Phil7789 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:21 am

The mod works like a charm, thank a lot! ^^ ( phpBB 3.0.7 PL1 )

Perfect saving the different timezones or setting the default timezone, amazing.

Tenjin

Post by Tenjin » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:38 am

Is there a way to force users to re-select their time zone automatically upon logging in after this mod is installed?

Sorry if this has been answered before. I suck at the search game. :)

MartectX
Translator

Post by MartectX » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:28 am

Tenjin wrote:Is there a way to force users to re-select their time zone automatically upon logging in after this mod is installed?
No, there isn't, but it's a good idea indeed! Though you could just send a private message to all your members telling them to check their timezone settings. It's a one time thing, after all.

Sixers2329

Post by Sixers2329 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:27 pm

So does this work for people in other times zones and countries around the world? Like, will it see me in New York and activate DST on date x, but when it knows another user lives in Hong Kong, it activates DST on date y? I assume it would, but conformation would be nice. Either way, great work. This should be a stock feature.

Oh, and if you install this mod, is "Automatic DST" the default option, so when a user registers they don't have to worry about change it from "yes/no" to "automatic"?

MartectX
Translator

Post by MartectX » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:09 am

Sixers2329 wrote:So does this work for people in other times zones and countries around the world? Like, will it see me in New York and activate DST on date x, but when it knows another user lives in Hong Kong, it activates DST on date y?
The MOD does not "see" you're in New York, you'll have to choose your location from a list of time zones. Though from then on it's 100% automatic.
Sixers2329 wrote:Oh, and if you install this mod, is "Automatic DST" the default option, so when a user registers they don't have to worry about change it from "yes/no" to "automatic"?
Aye, there isn't even the option to turn DST on or off. :)

Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader
Name: Marc

Post by Marc » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:36 am

MOD Updated to version 2.0.5
See first post for Download Link
Quickedit for phpBB 3.1
I'm available for custom work - just send me a PM for a quote.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”