Mass PM Topic Participants

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Greylock3491

Re: Mass PM Topic Participants

Post by Greylock3491 »

joebert wrote:phpBB 3.0.3 made a tiny change in the check_form_key function that makes an elapsed time of zero invalid.

I'll submit a repackaged version of this MOD for review shortly, but in the mean time the fix is literally as simple as adding a few characters to "mcp.php".

Code: Select all

-------------[ OPEN ]------------------------------
mcp.php

-------------[ FIND ]-------------------------------
$now = $_REQUEST['creation_time'] = $_POST['creation_time'] = time()

-------------[ AFTER / ADD ]---------------------

-------------[ SAVE / CLOSE ALL FILES ]------
The whole line should now read

$now = $_REQUEST['creation_time'] = $_POST['creation_time'] = time() - 5;
This fix causes the artificial form token to have a creation date of 5 seconds ago so that when the actual token check is done there's not an elapsed time of zero.

Thanks for this fix joebert - this is one of my favorite mods :) Thanks man
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

joebert wrote:I don't want to take the time to get aquainted with the new MOD format, I will not be updating the MOD. Sorry.
How about giving us the updates the way you want to on your site. I had this booked marked for ages untill I went live with phpbb3. I would really love to have the latest fixes to this MOD. :)
joebert
Name: Joe

Post by joebert »

I'll update this thread as soon as I'm made aware of any problems with this MOD. I'm not going to completely abandon it and leave everyone out to dry. :)

I guess I did come off a little harsh about not updating the MOD package. I remember being angry when I posted that. All I remember about why I was angry is how long it was taking for MODs to get through the que and how little it took to have to wait another month for it to get back through the que.

I'm almost 30 and don't have the patience for that anymore. By the time the MOD makes it through the que I've completely lost my train of thought due to other projects.
Ac1ds0ld13r

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r »

Last message I seen here was you were going to continue to trouble shoot the mod so I'm hoping thats the case.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4188: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/viewtopic.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4190: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/viewtopic.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4191: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/viewtopic.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4192: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/viewtopic.php:1)
Errors I'm getting after installing the addon on by board. I've since removed all the changed code and am still getting the error... :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:
Got it fixed but completely had to reinstall ...language/en/viewtopic.php (also noticed it might have been a BOM problem with Notepad...)

Not sure what caused it in the first place :/ But I got Notepad++ out of it and another way to troubleshoot this stuff myself if nothing else.
Play By Post RP
All Your Game Are Belong To Us
gAnDo

Post by gAnDo »

joebert wrote:phpBB 3.0.3 made a tiny change in the check_form_key function that makes an elapsed time of zero invalid.

I'll submit a repackaged version of this MOD for review shortly, but in the mean time the fix is literally as simple as adding a few characters to "mcp.php".

-------------[ OPEN ]------------------------------
mcp.php

-------------[ FIND ]-------------------------------
$now = $_REQUEST['creation_time'] = $_POST['creation_time'] = time()

-------------[ AFTER / ADD ]---------------------

-------------[ SAVE / CLOSE ALL FILES ]------
The whole line should now read

$now = $_REQUEST['creation_time'] = $_POST['creation_time'] = time() - 5;
This fix causes the artificial form token to have a creation date of 5 seconds ago so that when the actual token check is done there's not an elapsed time of zero.
Thanks for this fix and the MOD ;)

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”