Anti Double Post

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
roBBx

Re: Anti Double Post

Post by roBBx » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:07 pm

Hi krlsedu. Open ACP, click on Forums tab and edit a Forum. Scroll down the page, at the bottom you will find the Anti Double Post settings. You can set different options for different forums. If you want to have the same settings for all of them, simply check the option "Apply to all forums". ;)

ryba

Post by ryba » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:20 pm

Will it work on 3.0.7 ?

Théonaute

Post by Théonaute » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:49 pm

Hi,
ryba wrote:Will it work on 3.0.7 ?
Théonaute wrote:I didn't have time to test this MOD on phpBB3.0.7, so may be it is not compatible.
Regards, ;)
Théonaute | ex-MOD Team member on phpbb-fr.com
No more phpBB's activities. No MODs updates, no new MODs... Thanks.

ryba

Post by ryba » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:58 pm

I will try to implement this mod on my forum and then I will post a feedback.

fac7orx

Post by fac7orx » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:19 am

It's currently not working on my site (I have 3.0.7). I also get an error when I try to click submit:

http://pixelsmashers.com/forum/

surfer247
Name: Todd

Post by surfer247 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:26 am

Try refreshing the cache. See if that clears the error.
Come visit me at Toddred.com!

fac7orx

Post by fac7orx » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:30 am

surfer247 wrote:Try refreshing the cache. See if that clears the error.
Nope, I tried purging the cache twice already :(.

edit:

I removed the mod a restored my database for now until it is properly tested with 3.0.7 by the mod author...

surfer247

Post by surfer247 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:43 am

When you installed the mod, did you install the SQL as well? It was not included in the install.php file, so you would have had to run it yourself.

I've installed this on the latest version of phpbb, so I know it works.

fac7orx

Post by fac7orx » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:52 am

surfer247 wrote:When you installed the mod, did you install the SQL as well? It was not included in the install.php file, so you would have had to run it yourself.

I've installed this on the latest version of phpbb, so I know it works.
No, I did not do so. The instructions just threw some sql information at me, and I was not sure what to do with them since I never had a mod actually make me manually go into my database and edit sql info. Usually the install file or something along those lines takes care of that for you no?

I use godaddy, and I went to php_forums, but it said alter the table, and I am a noob at this sort of thing and I could not figure out how to do it. So, it is my error why the mod isn't working, but do you know exactly what to do and how to edit the database?

Here is what I am looking at:

I know the installation says it is "easy" but I feel like the scene from airplane where the guy is staring at numerous buttons and knobs becoming overwhelmed with confusion.

surfer247

Post by surfer247 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:11 am

Personally, I've never been a big fan of phpmyadmin (I believe that's what you are using), but everywhere under the sun uses it. I've written an install file for you. Run it once, then delete it (just navigate to it like the other install file). Let me know if it works!
Attachments
adp_db_update.php
Installs the MySQL for the Anti-Double Post Mod
(1.46 KiB) Downloaded 72 times

fac7orx

Post by fac7orx » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:15 am

surfer247 wrote:Personally, I've never been a big fan of phpmyadmin (I believe that's what you are using), but everywhere under the sun uses it. I've written an install file for you. Run it once, then delete it (just navigate to it like the other install file). Let me know if it works!
Thanks! :) However, should I install the mod first then run this new installer? (I previously removed it because I didn't realize the error was on my part)

surfer247

Post by surfer247 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:18 am

It shouldn't matter, but the mod won't work until you run the MySQL. I'd recommend running the MySQL file first, just to be safe :P Good luck!

fac7orx

Post by fac7orx » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:26 am

surfer247 wrote:It shouldn't matter, but the mod won't work until you run the MySQL. I'd recommend running the MySQL file first, just to be safe :P Good luck!
Very nice! So, it just merges the post with the previous. Pretty good. Thanks so much for the help! I don't know why the author didn't bother to include the necessary db entries with the install file, but it all worked out in the end. Cheers! ;)

surfer247

Post by surfer247 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:39 pm

I'd recommend installing this author's "Mark Editted Posts as Unread" mod along with this. They work very well together, preventing users from increasing their post counts from "bumping" topics or posting things that should be put in edits, but still placing posts up front that need to be. I wrote an update to that mod, but am waiting to hear back from the author.

Milunice259

Post by Milunice259 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:45 pm

Sorry,I run the install file, purge the cache, everything ok and the mod run successful but and I can't see the module in my acp.I use phpbb3.0.7_pl1, can you help me!!Please

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”