Notify Moderators

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
pavero81

Re: Notify Moderators

Post by pavero81 »

sabbelprotz wrote:Hi there!

I installed this mod on 3.0.5. The version I used is 1.0.1. I also applied the additional mod instructions on the first page of this thread.

Tip to get Mails:
Make sure you config it to notify admins, mods and global mods (set all three to yes in ACP).

It worked with 3.0.5.
And I updated to 3.0.6 !

For 3.0.6 I had a lot of work to translate new features of the board to German. Also mods needed special attention. But the update went pretty good. Only with Notify Moderators there were an issue in report.php. The update failed to get the changes in this file handeled. At least I used the new original 3.0.6 report.php and applied changes for the mod afterwards. That was quite easy and in generall the update was successful.

But that was my first update and I wanted to be sure. So I created a detailed testing szenario (only mail notification was tested) to check every single feature of the Notify Admins MOD.

Errors with phpBB3 3.0.6:
  • When denying a topic or post in the moderator queque there are errors displayed and previously informed admins/mods are NOT informed that the task has been done.

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/mcp/mcp_queue.php on line 872: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /myroot/htdocs/phpBB3/includes/functions.php:3493) in /myroot/htdocs/phpBB3/includes/functions.php on line 4209

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /myroot/htdocs/phpBB3/includes/functions.php:3493) in /myroot/htdocs/phpBB3/includes/functions.php on line 4211

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /myroot/htdocs/phpBB3/includes/functions.php:3493) in /myroot/htdocs/phpBB3/includes/functions.php on line 4212

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /myroot/htdocs/phpBB3/includes/functions.php:3493) in /myroot/htdocs/phpBB3/includes/functions.php on line 4213
  • A new feature in 3.0.6 is that PNs can be reported. The Notify Admin Mod handels theese reports too but the links in all e-Mails are NOT usable.

Hello Testuser,

You are receiving this notification because are either an Administrator or
    a moderator of the  forum.

The following report has been made by  in the topic : 

Topic URL      :  http://www.myurl.de/viewtopic.php?f=&p=
    Report URL     : 
    http://www.myurl.de/mcp.php?i=reports&mode=report_details&f=&r=
    Subject        :  
    Report reason  :  
    Report message :
I really hope the functionality of this mod + display of quequed items (quequed posts/topics, open reports, group applications, accounts to unlock) are included by default in phpBB3.

Thanks to the author of this mod! Good work!
If there is a new version of the mod let us know.
Open: includes/mcp/mcp_queue.php
Find

// Notify moderators mod
            if (!function_exists('notify_moderators'))
            {
                include_once($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_notify_moderators.' . $phpEx);
            }
            foreach ($post_disapprove_sql as $disapprove_post_id)
            {
                notify_moderators('disapprove', $disapprove_post_id, $user->data['user_id'], $disapprove_reason);
            } 
replace with

// Notify moderators mod
            if (!function_exists('notify_moderators'))
            {
                include_once($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_notify_moderators.' . $phpEx);
            }
            foreach ($post_disapprove_list as $disapprove_post_id)
            {
                notify_moderators('disapprove', $disapprove_post_id, $user->data['user_id'], $disapprove_reason);
            } 
problem resolved with this solution ;)
rajnikant.sharma

Post by rajnikant.sharma »

Hi All,

I have sucessfully installed the mod on 3.0.6 version of phpbb3
i received notifcation sucessfully.

but when i click on list moderators link it gives me these errors, any one can help me out here.

General Error
SQL ERROR [ postgres ]

ERROR: column "u.username" must appear in the GROUP BY clause or be used in an aggregate function []

SQL

SELECT u.user_id, u.username, u.username_clean, u.user_lastvisit, u.user_colour, u.user_notify_type, u.notify_moderator FROM phpbb_users u WHERE u.user_id IN (60, 77, 59, 55, 82, 78, 61, 54, 64, 63, 62, 2, 58) GROUP BY u.user_id ORDER BY u.username_clean ASC LIMIT 25 OFFSET 0

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/postgres.php
LINE: 177
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

LINE: 232
CALL: dbal_postgres->sql_query()

FILE: includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 170
CALL: dbal_postgres->_sql_query_limit()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_notify_moderators.php
LINE: 126
CALL: dbal->sql_query_limit()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: acp_notify_moderators->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()
rautamiekka

Post by rautamiekka »

rajnikant.sharma wrote:Hi All,

I have sucessfully installed the mod on 3.0.6 version of phpbb3
i received notifcation sucessfully.

but when i click on list moderators link it gives me these errors, any one can help me out here.

General Error
SQL ERROR [ postgres ]

ERROR: column "u.username" must appear in the GROUP BY clause or be used in an aggregate function []

SQL

SELECT u.user_id, u.username, u.username_clean, u.user_lastvisit, u.user_colour, u.user_notify_type, u.notify_moderator FROM phpbb_users u WHERE u.user_id IN (60, 77, 59, 55, 82, 78, 61, 54, 64, 63, 62, 2, 58) GROUP BY u.user_id ORDER BY u.username_clean ASC LIMIT 25 OFFSET 0

BACKTRACE

LINE: 177
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

LINE: 232
CALL: dbal_postgres->sql_query()

FILE: includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 170
CALL: dbal_postgres->_sql_query_limit()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_notify_moderators.php
LINE: 126
CALL: dbal->sql_query_limit()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: acp_notify_moderators->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()
Could

FROM phpbb_users u WHERE
be the cause ? The lonely 'u' shouldn't be there I think.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

No don't remove the u (else u.user_id, u.username, etc will fail).

Try changing the code to this
SELECT u.user_id, u.username, u.username_clean, u.user_lastvisit, u.user_colour, u.user_notify_type, u.notify_moderator FROM phpbb_users u WHERE u.user_id IN (60, 77, 59, 55, 82, 78, 61, 54, 64, 63, 62, 2, 58) GROUP BY u.user_id, u.username
though I'm not sure why that would matter to postgres.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
vladale

Post by vladale »

I installed this mod without any problems on newest phpBB 3.0.6. But, there is a strange problem, I don't receive any of e-mails when new posts are made. Is that because I installed it in localhost or? I don't know where is the problem because everything runs as it should and mod is not reporting any errors.

EDIT: I noticed that sending PM works like a charm. But I still have problems with emails.

EDIT 2: I just setup it successfully on live board but still E-MAIL function is not working [PM works good].

Any solutions?
rautamiekka

Post by rautamiekka »

vladale wrote:I installed this mod without any problems on newest phpBB 3.0.6. But, there is a strange problem, I don't receive any of e-mails when new posts are made. Is that because I installed it in localhost or? I don't know where is the problem because everything runs as it should and mod is not reporting any errors.

EDIT: I noticed that sending PM works like a charm. But I still have problems with emails.

EDIT 2: I just setup it successfully on live board but still E-MAIL function is not working [PM works good].

Any solutions?
Check the MOD's settings. Also, check the E-mail settings over at the General tab in Admin Panel. You might also want to contact your host about it.
rajnikant.sharma

Post by rajnikant.sharma »

hi all

finally i got the solution by adding this
,u.username,u.username_clean, u.user_lastvisit,u.user_colour, u.user_notify_type, u.notify_moderator

after
GROUP BY u.user_id

on line num 124

in includes\acp\acp_notify_moderators.php

thanks to phpbb
cprgolds

Post by cprgolds »

For those of you having problems with the email notification, check your edits in report.php.

The updater program did not handle them very well.

I just reinserted the lines and voila, email notification worked flawlessly again.
yatinbhatt

Post by yatinbhatt »

Does not work with 3.0.7 ... the error in

Find
delete_posts('post_id', $post_disapprove_sql);
Add Before
// Notify moderators mod
			if (!function_exists('notify_moderators'))
			{
				include_once($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_notify_moderators.' . $phpEx);
			}
			foreach ($post_disapprove_sql as $disapprove_post_id)
			{
				notify_moderators('disapprove', $disapprove_post_id, $user->data['user_id'], $disapprove_reason);
			}
The Find specified by the MOD could not be found
Here you go

Please check
Last edited by yatinbhatt on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
rautamiekka

Post by rautamiekka »

yatinbhatt wrote:Does not work with 3.0.7 ... the error in

Find
delete_posts('post_id', $post_disapprove_sql);
Add Before
// Notify moderators mod
if (!function_exists('notify_moderators'))
{
include_once($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_notify_moderators.' . $phpEx);
}
foreach ($post_disapprove_sql as $disapprove_post_id)
{
notify_moderators('disapprove', $disapprove_post_id, $user->data['user_id'], $disapprove_reason);
}
The Find specified by the MOD could not be found

Please check
If you used the CODE tag, the code text would be readable ;)
yatinbhatt

Post by yatinbhatt »

updated... check above
rautamiekka

Post by rautamiekka »

yatinbhatt wrote:updated... check above
Thanks to you :)
yatinbhatt

Post by yatinbhatt »

Anybody ?? I really need this MOD to work on 3.0.7
ivannovak
Name: Ivan Novak

Post by ivannovak »

I'm running 3.0.7 and can't install this MOD.

Once all the modifications to the files are complete, I try to install by navigating to install_notify_moderators.php and I get an error "cannot open stream, file or directory not found".

Any suggestions?
zane86

Post by zane86 »

MOD Robot wrote:Modification name: Notify Moderators
Author: david63
Modification description: Sends an email to Moderatotors and/or Admins when a new/edited post is made in a forum of which they are a Moderator.

Options to notify reported posts and/or moderator queued posts
Modification version: 1.0.1
Tested on phpBB version: See below

Download file: notify_moderators.zip
File size: 41446 Bytes

Modification overview page: View
Is this the latest version, or do i have to look throu this topic and do some updates to it?
Anyone know if it works on 3.0.7?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”