In-line Login

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Steven Lancing

Re: In-line Login

Post by Steven Lancing » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:23 pm

Will this also prevent me from losing my highscore if I play an incredibly long game in my Arcade? (Defend Your Castle)

figo

Post by figo » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:15 am

can anyone confirm this for 3.0.2

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

In-line Login

Post by Paul » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:04 pm

MOD Updated to version 1.0.0
See first post for Download Link
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

hecos

Post by hecos » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:10 pm

Steven Lancing wrote:Will this also prevent me from losing my highscore if I play an incredibly long game in my Arcade? (Defend Your Castle)
I am also wondering the same because my members have the same problem and it would be great if this mod could solve it.

Can someone please confirm will it help with Forum arcade?

Thank you in advance!

TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:06 am

hecos wrote:
Steven Lancing wrote:Will this also prevent me from losing my highscore if I play an incredibly long game in my Arcade? (Defend Your Castle)
I am also wondering the same because my members have the same problem and it would be great if this mod could solve it.

Can someone please confirm will it help with Forum arcade?

Thank you in advance!
Off hand, my assumption would be yes, but I can't say, for sure, without having a look at the MOD...

Sunka

Post by Sunka » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:59 pm

Why I can not open install.XML
Alway some error, but do not know what to correct...

Code: Select all

The XML page cannot be displayed 
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An invalid character was found in text content. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Sunka/Desktop/...

TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:50 am

Someone reported this problem with another MOD of mine:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p7251065

It's an IE-only problem, but, regardless, a new version, with an updated XSL stylesheet can be downloaded here:

http://www.frostjedi.com/terra/scripts/ ... /login.zip

Sunka

Post by Sunka » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:02 am

Thank you, now is opening like it should be...
Same problem is with mod Named Modules, but I open him wit firefox... :mrgreen:

TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:20 am

Before I continue with this post (which is a response to a Report someone filed on this topic), it helps to have some background. This MOD was pulled from the MODDB for about a month for an issue whereby ordinary users could gain moderator abilities (but not admin abilities). Out of respect for those who have that now out-of-date version installed, whoever those people might be, I won't discuss the details.
3.) Security-Issues are sensible to communicate, I know that. But just taking an already validated MOD from the list without any further notice to all people who already installed this, no notice to uninstall the further release due to security problems at all, that's poor.
I agree, actually. The MODDB lets you subscribe to MODs so that you'll be notified when they are updated but doesn't let you know when they've been pulled. IIRC, I suggested this feature be added, a while ago, to the MODDB's maintainer, but they have a lot of other features they're trying to implement and I get the impression that this particular feature isn't very high on their priority list.
For the future it would be nice (if something similar happens), just leave a note in the original thread with something like "The MOD is under review and will be updated as soon as possible. Please don't use further releases and uninstall immediatedle if you already use it".
The policy actually is to pull the MOD completely. Adding a note in the original topic won't make an ounce of difference to people who just visit the first post and download it nor will it show up in the MODDB. Now, I suppose the MOD Description could be updated in both the first post and in the MODDB to say that, but we're liable to alienate MOD authors if we do that. Sites like milw0rm.com and securityfocus.com don't alienate anyone when they publicly advertise vulnerabilities, but we can and I fully suspect we would. People write MODs for fun and walking around with a scarlet letter isn't fun for anyone having to bear that. Yet that's pretty much what we'd be doing if we did as you proposed. Which is a problem, because if MOD Authors feel antagonized by our policies, they can just submit elsewhere, which doesn't do anyone any good. Believe it or not (and I'm sure you won't), we actually do find vulnerabilities in MODs that people submit and do get them fixed. But we can't do that if people don't submit MODs here.
Also, there's actually no hint why users should update the previous release. Why not just telling them actually in the thread, that an immediate update is strongly recommended? I know, image is image is image... but not communicating serious problems isn't very helpful.
As I said, that's not what our policy says. Per my interpretation of the policy, if the MOD Author wants to do that, that's their prerogative, but there's nothing we can do to force them. All we can and should do is pull the MOD and put it back in the MODDB when an adequate update is submitted.

Now, speaking as the MOD Author and not as a MOD Team member... you're right. Image is everything. That's why I provide as much support as I do for my MODs. To maintain my image. ie. I don't want people going around blaming me and my MODs for problems that are neither my or my MODs fault. And if, in the unlikely event that they are my fault, I want to know.

So you're right - I do care about image and although, in theory, "communicating serious problems" as if "image" was something to be tossed out the window, would have it's advantages, it'd also have it's disadvantages (as discussed in the last paragraph).
2.) There is still a little bug in the Mod (don't worry, no security issue, but nasty debugging stuff): When you are logged in with admin-rights (not yet in ACP!) and have two tabs/windows of your forum open, just call the ACP-Login without logging in yet, then switch to the other Tab and Log out of the forum, then procede with the ACP-Login on the first Tab and watch the debug-messages ("missing index" in function.php and a wrong path-setting to ".../adm/adm/...". Maybe worth a look...
Thank you for your report - I'll try to investigate the matter as time permits...

Sunka

Post by Sunka » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:51 am

I do not get it!!! Not at all...
What your post have with this MOD?
I think that you terrafost, missed topic :mrgreen:
Sorry if I am wrong, but your last post have nothing with this (your) MOD, me, or anybody else in this topic, and not at all with conversation in this topic...
:mrgreen:

Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Name: David Lewis

Post by Highway of Life » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:15 am

Sunka wrote:I do not get it!!! Not at all...
Actually, his post means a lot to the people it's meant for. If you don’t understand it, please ignore it. :)
The phpBB Weekly Podcast - Discussing the developments of phpBB4 and beyond.

New to phpBB3? Want to learn about programing?
Visit phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide to learn how.

updown

Post by updown » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:54 am

TerraFrost wrote:Before I continue with this post (which is a response to a Report someone filed on this topic)
Thanks for your statement :idea:

TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:47 am

Here's the fix to the bug updown reported:

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
includes/session.php
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
						if (isset($_POST['login']) && $this->data['user_id'] == ANONYMOUS && $this->page['page_name'] != "ucp.$phpEx")
#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]----------------------------------
#
						if (isset($_POST['login']) && !$this->data['is_registered'] && !defined('ADMIN_START') && $this->page['page_name'] != "ucp.$phpEx")
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
		if (isset($_POST['login']) && $this->data['user_id'] == ANONYMOUS && $this->page['page_name'] != "ucp.$phpEx")
#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]----------------------------------
#
		if (isset($_POST['login']) && !$this->data['is_registered'] && !defined('ADMIN_START') && $this->page['page_name'] != "ucp.$phpEx")
An updated MODX file can be found here:

http://www.frostjedi.com/terra/scripts/ ... /login.zip

3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:02 pm

Sunka wrote:I do not get it!!! Not at all...
I think that you terrafost, missed topic :mrgreen:
Sorry if I am wrong, but your last post have nothing with this (your) MOD, me, or anybody else in this topic, and not at all with conversation in this topic...
:mrgreen:
If I were you I avoid to state a such sentence. It is better to know what we are talking about. The one thing you are missing (I mean YOU) it is the knowledge of it.

Regards. :)
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
👨‍🏫 | Take a tour to | The Studio | 👨‍🏫

Sunka

Post by Sunka » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:34 am

Highway of Life wrote:Actually, his post means a lot to the people it's meant for. If you don’t understand it, please ignore it. :)
3Di wrote:If I were you I avoid to state a such sentence. It is better to know what we are talking about. The one thing you are missing (I mean YOU) it is the knowledge of it.

Regards. :)
Sorry for Off topic, but:

I am just ordinary human :mrgreen:
I have my forum, I read this forum and trying to find good MODs for my forum etc...
I really do not understand what TerraFrost post have something with me...maybe in your opinion it is shame, but it is not in my opinion...
I wish I have more english language knowledge to write and explain to you better.
I see in post that this MOD could have some problems and could in some situations give to normal user some moderation privelage...but I think that is corrected, am I right?
So, why I am only stupid person in this topic?
It is not shame to me to say that I something do not understand...and it is not shame for someone to explain that to me...
Croatia is small country, but we are proud people

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”