Smilie Creator

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
spicyapple

Re: Smilie Creator

Post by spicyapple » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:24 am

Thanks, Dr.Death! :D

Lucian_rider

Post by Lucian_rider » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:34 pm

Hi,

When I create a smilie using the bbcode way the text is nice and clear and is perfect in my opinion. However when using the Smilie Creator the text is blurry like so:

I did not use the shadow effect in this case. Is this normal for the text to look this way?

Thanks.

Amphor

Post by Amphor » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:21 pm

When I create signs, it shows only text "Image" in my post.

Also, how can I add foreign characters(äü and so on) to the sign?

MartectX
Translator

Post by MartectX » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:42 am

Amphor wrote:Also, how can I add foreign characters(äü and so on) to the sign?
You can't.

Lucian_rider

Post by Lucian_rider » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:50 am

Amphor wrote:When I create signs, it shows only text "Image" in my post.
I had that problem when I first installed, I had forgotten to copy the two required files to the root. I had copied all the others to their respective locations but not the text2child.php and the smilie_creator.php files.

Dr.Death
QA Team

Post by Dr.Death » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:52 am

@Lucian_rider:

Yes, if you using the normal bbcode [schild], the font and shadow text color is not set.

The smilie creator popup sets the font and shadow colour and it could be "blurry" if you choose some "ugly" colour combinations. ( Try using "white" as background colour )

See also: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p6497845

@Amphor:

See this posting to solve you problem: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p6246755
Doc.

Lucian_rider

Post by Lucian_rider » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:36 pm

Dr.Death wrote:@Lucian_rider:

Yes, if you using the normal bbcode [schild], the font and shadow text color is not set.

The smilie creator popup sets the font and shadow colour and it could be "blurry" if you choose some "ugly" colour combinations. ( Try using "white" as background colour )
Thanks for the info. I looked at the settings in the text2child file and changed them to default as white ie: 255,255,255 but whilst the white is now highlighted in the drop down box it does not actually select white for the letter shadow when using the smiliecreator. So unless you remember to change the shadow to white, it will still come out blury. Is there any way that by changing the default colour to white it would remember that setting unless you specifically chose to make the shadow colour different?

I know I am nit picking and I really appreciate the effort you have made with this great mod.

PS: Just one little suggestion. Is is possible to make a full English version with the bbcode usage having the word "smilie" rather than schild? It is not immediately obvious to the users what the SCHILD button is for... ;)

Dr.Death
QA Team

Post by Dr.Death » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:20 am

OPEN the file: styles / prosilver / template / smilie_creator.html

FIND:

Code: Select all

<select name="shadowcolor">
								<option style="color:black; background-color: white;" 		value="C0C0C0">{L_COLOR_DEFAULT}</option>
REPLACE WITH:

<option style="color:white; background-color: black;" 		value="FFFFFF">{L_COLOR_DEFAULT}</option>

The smilie creator is an old german phpBB2 MOD, so the word "schild" is historical.....

You can easily change this:

1. Create new custom bbcodes as described in the install.xml. Only change the bbcode name from schild to i.e sign
2. Don't delete the old costum bbcode [schild] and [schild=]
3. Now OPEN the file: styles / prosilver / template / smilie_creator.html

FIND:
var text2form = "[schild="+smilie+","+shieldshadow+","+color+","+shadowcolor+"]"+text+"[/schild]";
REPLACE the red marked words with sign

Don't forget to refresh your style and clear the cache.
Doc.

Lucian_rider

Post by Lucian_rider » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:10 pm

Dr.Death wrote:The smilie creator is an old german phpBB2 MOD, so the word "schild" is historical.....

You can easily change this:

1. Create new custom bbcodes as described in the install.xml. Only change the bbcode name from schild to i.e sign
2. Don't delete the old costum bbcode [schild] and [schild=]
3. Now OPEN the file: styles / prosilver / template / smilie_creator.html
Thanks for that, I got it to work but I ended up having to change both bbcodes from shild to sign. It did not matter if I left the others in place so I deleted them.

The shadow default change worked nicely as well...

x16

Post by x16 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:48 pm

I installed Smilie Creator 1.0.6 but I get an error:

All files are uploaded and edited. Any Ideas?

A_O_C

Post by A_O_C » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:21 pm

how to make the default shadow to "off", and how to remove the FONT COLOR, SHADOW COLOR, and SIGN SHADOW OPTIONS? basically, all i want is the input box and the smiles to pic from (with no shadow or anything)

Dr.Death
QA Team

Post by Dr.Death » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:55 pm

For that you have to edit the smilie_creator.html and change the existing custom bbcode [schild=]
All existing smilie schild bbcodes in previous postings will not work after that.

So i will not support that....

@x16 it's was posted here: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p6246755
Doc.

A_O_C

Post by A_O_C » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:15 pm

Dr.Death wrote:For that you have to edit the smilie_creator.html and change the existing custom bbcode [schild=]
All existing smilie schild bbcodes in previous postings will not work after that.
thats fine, cause im not using it live yet... maybe a PM on how to do it (so others dont try to do it)?

Dr.Death
QA Team

Post by Dr.Death » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:43 pm

Hm, little workaround for that problem.... i changed only the smilie_creator.html

OPEN: styles / prosilver / template / smilie_creator.html

FIND:

var color = document.getElementById("schilderstellung").color.value;
    var shadowcolor = document.getElementById("schilderstellung").shadowcolor.value;
    var shieldshadow = document.getElementById("schilderstellung").shieldshadow.value; 
REPLACE WITH:

var color = '0';
    var shadowcolor = '0';
    var shieldshadow = 0; 
FIND AND DELETE:

<tr>
				<td class="bg1">	
					<strong>{L_FONTCOLOR}:</strong>
				</td>
				<td class="bg2">
					<table>
						<tr>
							<td>
								<select name="color">
								<option style="color:black; background-color: white;" 		value="000000">{L_COLOR_DEFAULT}</option>
								<option style="color:darkred; background-color: white;"		value="8B0000">{L_COLOR_DARK_RED}</option>
								<option style="color:red; background-color: white;"			value="FF0000">{L_COLOR_RED}</option>
								<option style="color:orange; background-color: white;"		value="FFA500">{L_COLOR_ORANGE}</option>
								<option style="color:brown; background-color: white;"		value="A52A2A">{L_COLOR_BROWN}</option>
								<option style="color:yellow; background-color: white;"		value="FFFF00">{L_COLOR_YELLOW}</option>
								<option style="color:green; background-color: white;"		value="008000">{L_COLOR_GREEN}</option>
								<option style="color:olive; background-color: white;"		value="808000">{L_COLOR_OLIVE}</option>
								<option style="color:cyan; background-color: white;"		value="00FFFF">{L_COLOR_CYAN}</option>
								<option style="color:blue; background-color: white;"		value="0000FF">{L_COLOR_BLUE}</option>
								<option style="color:darkblue; background-color: white;" 	value="00008B">{L_COLOR_DARK_BLUE}</option>
								<option style="color:indigo; background-color: white;" 		value="4B0082">{L_COLOR_INDIGO}</option>
								<option style="color:violet; background-color: white;" 		value="EE82EE">{L_COLOR_VIOLETT}</option>
								<option style="color:white; background-color: black;" 		value="FFFFFF">{L_COLOR_WHITE}</option>
								<option style="color:black; background-color: white;" 		value="000000">{L_COLOR_BLACK}</option>
								</select>
							</td>
						</tr>
					</table>
				</td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
				<td class="bg1">
					<strong>{L_SHADOWCOLOR}:</strong>
				</td>
				<td class="bg2">
					<table>
						<tr>
							<td>
								<option style="color:black; background-color: white;" 		value="C0C0C0">{L_COLOR_DEFAULT}</option>
								<option style="color:darkred; background-color: white;" 	value="8B0000">{L_COLOR_DARK_RED}</option>
								<option style="color:red; background-color: white;" 		value="FF0000">{L_COLOR_RED}</option>
								<option style="color:orange; background-color: white;" 		value="FFA500">{L_COLOR_ORANGE}</option>
								<option style="color:brown; background-color: white;" 		value="A52A2A">{L_COLOR_BROWN}</option>
								<option style="color:yellow; background-color: white;" 		value="FFFF00">{L_COLOR_YELLOW}</option>
								<option style="color:green; background-color: white;" 		value="008000">{L_COLOR_GREEN}</option>
								<option style="color:olive; background-color: white;" 		value="808000">{L_COLOR_OLIVE}</option>
								<option style="color:cyan; background-color: white;" 		value="00FFFF">{L_COLOR_CYAN}</option>
								<option style="color:blue; background-color: white;" 		value="0000FF">{L_COLOR_BLUE}</option>
								<option style="color:darkblue; background-color: white;" 	value="00008B">{L_COLOR_DARK_BLUE}</option>
								<option style="color:indigo; background-color: white;" 		value="4B0082">{L_COLOR_INDIGO}</option>
								<option style="color:violet; background-color: white;" 		value="EE82EE">{L_COLOR_VIOLETT}</option>
								<option style="color:white; background-color: black;" 		value="FFFFFF">{L_COLOR_WHITE}</option>
								<option style="color:black; background-color: white;" 		value="000000">{L_COLOR_BLACK}</option>
								</select>
							</td>
						</tr>
					</table>
				</td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
				<td class="bg1">
					<strong>{L_SHIELDSHADOW}:</strong>
				</td>
				<td class="bg2">
					<table>
						<tr>
							<td>
								<select name="shieldshadow">
								<option value="1">{L_SHIELDSHADOW_ON}</option>
								<option value="0">{L_SHIELDSHADOW_OFF}</option>
								</select>
							</td>
						</tr>
					</table>
				</td>
			</tr>
By using the smilie creator popup the MOD will create some bbcode like this:
[schild=17,0,0,0]This is my Sign[/schild]
The red marked ,0,0,0 are important and should not deleted.
Doc.

A_O_C

Post by A_O_C » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:15 pm

perfect! thanks!

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”