User Reminder

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Nully

Re: User Reminder

Post by Nully » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:37 pm

Hello,
did someone translated it in french ?
I started myself, but I'm not so good in english :mrgreen:

daveht

Post by daveht » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:43 pm

Remind mod works great with phpbb 3.0.7pl1

Thanks Lefty!
Dave

Nully

Post by Nully » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:04 pm

Nully wrote:Hello,
did someone translated it in french ?
I started myself, but I'm not so good in english :mrgreen:
Anyway, the MOD seems to work great :D and a virtual friend helped me.

craiga

Post by craiga » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:13 pm

daveht wrote:Remind mod works great with phpbb 3.0.7pl1

Thanks Lefty!
Dave
thanks for the confirmation.

Nully

Post by Nully » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:15 pm

Hello,
as the complete translation in french is not available, could you explain to me :

Code: Select all

'LOG_USER_REMINDER_DELETE_INACTIVE_REMINDER'	=> '<strong>Inactive reminder cleared by</strong><br />» %s',
in info_acp_user_reminder.php

Does it mean that "seach user" has been deleted from the list where appear the inactive users ? ( Because he logged in after having received a remind).

I hope you understand my question :D

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:05 pm

Nully wrote:Hello,
as the complete translation in french is not available, could you explain to me :

Code: Select all

'LOG_USER_REMINDER_DELETE_INACTIVE_REMINDER'	=> '<strong>Inactive reminder cleared by</strong><br />» %s',
in info_acp_user_reminder.php

Does it mean that "seach user" has been deleted from the list where appear the inactive users ? ( Because he logged in after having received a remind).

I hope you understand my question :D
correct, it means someone who received a reminder for being inactive logged in and therefore cleared that reminder timestamp.
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

Nully

Post by Nully » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:54 pm

Thank you so much lefty74 :D

Luminosity
Name: Howard Page

Post by Luminosity » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:58 pm

This installed and seem to be working brillantly! :) Thanks

only one think i'd like possibly is the ablity to send it as PM instead. But it still a great mod!
Thanks
Man's proper stature is not one of mediocrity, failure, frustration, or defeat, but one of achievement, strength, and nobility. In short, man can and ought to be a hero. - Mike Menzter

Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:23 pm

Hi Lefty,

I'm sure this mod is probably feature frozen but it never hurts to ask right?? I was wondering how hard it would be to have a feature that can remind users if they haven't posted in 'X' time.

Thanks

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:35 pm

Stitch625 wrote:Hi Lefty,

I'm sure this mod is probably feature frozen but it never hurts to ask right?? I was wondering how hard it would be to have a feature that can remind users if they haven't posted in 'X' time.

Thanks
hi, yes, sorry feature frozen. to be honest, i havent properly looked at php in months, only thing i get round doing is mod support these days.
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:37 am

Ok no problem Lefty...

Now I need to ask you for some help..I am trying to force a reminder and getting this error message in my browser but before that occurs, the page just sits there and thinks like it's trying to do something.Takes about 5 minutes before I get this error:
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
there are no logged errors in the ACP error logs. I don't know if it is timing out but I know it is trying to send to about 300+ members. I did an experiment and tried with only 5 members selected and worked just fine but if I can only send to a few members at a time, this is going to be very painful.

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:31 am

there are limitations as to how many emails can be sent in one ago. I think they depend on the server and various settings but 300 may well be too much. i am sure your server can handle more than 5 so the max you can send out appears to be somewhere between 5 and 300.

p.s. below is from the install instructions
I would recommend to initially leave automatic reminders to No as otherwise users could receive more than one email at the same time. If you are running a large board I would recommend to remind users manually until you are caught up with reminders as running them automatically straight away may cause the sending of emails to time out due to the large amount of reminders that are being sent.
lefty74

Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:20 pm

Thanks Lefty,

Yea I did see that note I think in your first post later on last night after I posted this.

In a case like this where one has hundreds of members to send to it would be nice to have a pagination where you can have like 20 members per page and select all feature. I think I spent like 2 1/2 hours last night sending like 10-20 at a time. Having to place each check box is a painful procedure.

Right now the way it is set up is all members are listed on one page so then each one has to be selected individually.

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:31 pm

Stitch625 wrote:it would be nice to have a pagination
let me guess, you are not running the latest version of this mod ;)
lefty74

Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:17 pm

Ha ha :oops: My bad...I was just looking at the version number...Going to go update right now..Sorry for bothering you..It has been a along time since I have run this mod, basically it has been sitting in my ACP for over a year now because I could never get my email settings set right but after talking to my web host last night I got it all working now.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”