User Reminder

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
apnaitaly

Re: User Reminder

Post by apnaitaly »

okzz

so can you tell me please how i have to set ?
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

put the Protected Groups: to No Groups selected
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
apnaitaly

Post by apnaitaly »

ok thanks ,
zkaraca

Post by zkaraca »

Just curious what you mean by inactive users? Do you mean users that have registered but not activated their account? If not, are these shown?
Asira.nl * Zeki.nl Just having some fun!
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

zkaraca wrote:Just curious what you mean by inactive users? Do you mean users that have registered but not activated their account? If not, are these shown?
inactive users to me are users that have not logged in for a while
users that have registered but not activated their account are not shown as those are already shown in the vanilla phpbb 3.0
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
boxerman

Post by boxerman »

What a superb Mod, lefty.

I do have one problem though and can't figure if it's something that I've done or whether it's a scripting issue... My problem is much the same as AYGB complains of a couple of pages back.

I'm running phpBB3.05 and this is a first install of this Mod. (v1.05).

I've not tried anything on Auto yet so this relates to manual settings but I suspect that I'd see the same problem either way. I had no problem with the install and most seems to work well BUT what I'm seeing is this (and I get the same issue with 'Not logged in' and 'Inactive users'): a first reminder is sent, the user logs in BUT the reminder and the user is only removed from the original listing i.e. if it's sent from the 'Not logged in' list the reminder and the user are removed from there but they remain in all other listings including the 'Second Reminder' list so although they have logged in they would still recieve a second reminder. The only workaround that I've forund is to turn all requirements to '0' and then manually run through the list of every forum member to find and delete the reminders.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Phil
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

hi, not sure exactly i understand.

you should not see a user in all listings.

someone who has not logged in since activation should not show up in the inactive list at the same time or do i misunderstand this?
lefty74
boxerman

Post by boxerman »

It's probably not well explained but I think I've sorted it.... Just put me down as dumb....

I've double checked my Modded files a 1000 times and all seemed well until I just checked those files on my server - it looks like I re-uploaded the originals rather than the modded ones...... :shock:

Sorry to have wasted your time.

Phil
marcusbacus

Post by marcusbacus »

This is a very useful MOD, thanks. Some questions:

Is there a way for when selecting all users that it can really select all the users for that specific task instead of just those X users displayed in that page? Of course setting the numbers of users to be displayed to a high number can fix this, but it's not quite a good way to do it. I had about 8 pages of users to have notifications sent and it was a bit tedious to click every page and select all etc. etc.

How to add a message in the e-mail like "you haven't logged in since X days ago" or something? I think telling the users that they haven't logged in a year would make them more embarrased and willing to come back... 8-)

Sorry if these questions were already answered.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

marcusbacus wrote:Is there a way for when selecting all users that it can really select all the users for that specific task instead of just those X users displayed in that page? Of course setting the numbers of users to be displayed to a high number can fix this, but it's not quite a good way to do it. I had about 8 pages of users to have notifications sent and it was a bit tedious to click every page and select all etc. etc.
no, i am afraid there is no other way. it was before but i changed it as otherwise the query might time out or max out the memory in certain cases.
marcusbacus wrote:How to add a message in the e-mail like "you haven't logged in since X days ago" or something? I think telling the users that they haven't logged in a year would make them more embarrased and willing to come back...
You can put that in the email itself. If you have your reminders sent after 30 days, you can just add that there. you can find the email text in the the language/en/email folder
lefty74
marcusbacus

Post by marcusbacus »

lefty74 wrote:
marcusbacus wrote:How to add a message in the e-mail like "you haven't logged in since X days ago" or something? I think telling the users that they haven't logged in a year would make them more embarrased and willing to come back...
You can put that in the email itself. If you have your reminders sent after 30 days, you can just add that there. you can find the email text in the the language/en/email folder
I know, but what's the code/variable I should use instead of just typing the number of days, for example when I change the number of days in the MOD configuration? I ran it once with 365 days as the first attempt, but now I think I'll start using it with a shorter time and this might not be what I will always use as the number of days.
sotiris25s

Post by sotiris25s »

so its only for 3.0.5 or it will work on 3.0.4 too? has anyone test it?
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

marcusbacus wrote:
lefty74 wrote:
I know, but what's the code/variable I should use instead of just typing the number of days, for example when I change the number of days in the MOD configuration? I ran it once with 365 days as the first attempt, but now I think I'll start using it with a shorter time and this might not be what I will always use as the number of days.
havent had a chance to look at that, i might have some time end of this month.
sotiris25s wrote:so its only for 3.0.5 or it will work on 3.0.4 too? has anyone test it?
cant see why it shouldnt but havent tested it lately.
lefty74
tzar

Post by tzar »

If my hosts limits me to 300 emails per hour, will this mod be able to send small groups of emails over time as to never reach that limit?
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

the mod is using the email queuing system if it is set up.

if you want to control the amount of mails sent, i would recommend to send mails manually.

i would always recommend to send the first batches of reminders manually anyway until you are caught up with the initial 'backlog' of to be reminded users.
lefty74

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”