User Reminder

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
greenwizard

Re: User Reminder

Post by greenwizard »

Well is there a quick way to add the function so mod will look at avatars also ?
Most of my users haven`t uploaded avatars yet but i haven`t found Avatar Reminder Mod yet :roll:
I could also write a reminder for avatars in the emails... but it`ll be nice if you add avatar reminder in next versions.. Anyway the mod is very helpful as it is and I thank you for the quick support :!:
No Gifs avatars or signatures allowed ! You will crash the community ! :)
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

greenwizard wrote:Well is there a quick way to add the function so mod will look at avatars also ?
Most of my users haven`t uploaded avatars yet but i haven`t found Avatar Reminder Mod yet :roll:
I could also write a reminder for avatars in the emails... but it`ll be nice if you add avatar reminder in next versions.. Anyway the mod is very helpful as it is and I thank you for the quick support :!:
oh, i see now. no, there is no quick way to add that adn i am not going to put that in future versions either, sorry.

if you want a quick fix for what you are after, you can run this sql in phpMyAdmin if you use MySQL

Code: Select all

SELECT user_email from phpbb_users WHERE user_avatar = '' AND user_type = 0;
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
greenwizard

Post by greenwizard »

The [5]txt`s weren`t in the bg folder but i found them in the en folder , translated and copied them to the bg folder as it is my default lang. Then i tried to send a reminder to an old test account and now 1 h later email was not recieved ... any ideas why is that?

note: i tested with gmail address too and no email... i probably has to do something with the txt files or other files missing somewhere i `ll try to find out... the admin controll is working well with no errors and there is a date when i send reminder... i am on paid hosting and have no other problems with emails with scripts, form and etc...
note: All files are in the right foldes

I do have phpMyAdmin but am not familiar with its functions yet so i don`t know
exactly where to execute or properly set the above command line :(
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

if you change to the language of the test user to english, will you get an email then?

as for phpMyAdmin, once you are looking at the phpbb database, there should be a sql button somewhere on the right hand side. click on that and paste the code in.

it should list the email addresses of all users that have no avatar.
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
greenwizard

Post by greenwizard »

Well i changed the board to default english and send reminders again to both emails.
As before reminder was noted everywhere in the admin panel as send.
Emails are not recieved ... i checked in spam too...
I only use a few simple mods [opening links i new windows, showing image next to new users welcome, few bb codes for youtube embed and mp3 embed , pack of search bots added ... ]
I have cleared cache, refreshed template, phpbb is 3.o5 and using fae forest template.
Is reinstall possible? I don`t remember but were there files overwritten when copying the mod?
or just the files edited are different ?

Here is screenshot of my phpadmin .. is this the right place?
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

this mod is using the phpbb mailing functions. are you getting normal email notifications?

when you changed your board language to english, did you change the language of your test user to english as well?
greenwizard wrote:Here is screenshot of my phpadmin .. is this the right place?
that's the one :)
lefty74
psycosheep

Post by psycosheep »

Help Please

Im new and struggling :D :D ive did the install as per the instructions in the xml file i have a question i keep getting the same error, i lost all the info on my main site , because like an idiot i thought id backedup .....and didnt lol , so i setup a new practice board and now when i try to access the forum i get the following error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_IF, expecting ')' in /home/allgamer/public_html/test/test/index.php on line 179

im now lost
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

you must have made an error when doing the index.php edit.

Please doublecheck that edit.

if that still does not fix it, please post your index.php code around that line (include about 20 lines above and 20 lines below line 179)
lefty74
psycosheep

Post by psycosheep »

Hi Lefty

Many thanks here is the coding 20 lines above and below

install_modules();

$msg .=  '<span style="color:green;">- ' . $user->lang['UR_MODULE_ADDED'] . '</span> <br/>';		

set_config('urmod_version', (string) $current_version);			

global $cache;
		$cache->purge();
		add_log('admin', 'LOG_PURGE_CACHE');

//don't know of a better fix but redirect to make sure to get the install html files out of the templates that are stored in the database after the cache purging
		$redirect = append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}install/index.$phpEx", "action=install_complete");
		meta_refresh(3, $redirect);

$msg .= $user->lang['UR_INSTALL_REDIRECT'];

// Assign index specific vars
		$template->assign_vars(array(
// if automatic reminders is set, remind people. lets only run this once a day.
if (isset($config['user_reminder_enable']))
{
	if ( $config['user_reminder_enable'] == ENABLED )
	{
		$check_time = (int) gmdate('mdY',time() + (3600 * ($config['board_timezone'] + $config['board_dst'])));

if ( $config['user_reminder_last_auto_run'] != $check_time)
		{
			if (!function_exists('send_user_reminders'))
			{
				include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_user_reminder.' . $phpEx);
			}

send_user_reminders();

if ($config['user_reminder_log_opt_users_react'])
			{
				add_log('admin', 'LOG_USER_REMINDER_AUTO_RUN');
			}

set_config('user_reminder_last_auto_run', $check_time);
Thankyou for your reply & help sheep
Last edited by psycosheep on Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

This is what is in your index.php file?

part of what you posted is the install/index.php file which is not supposed to be edited.

your normal index.php file should look something like this around that code (you needed to add the mod code before and not after the FIND):

// if automatic reminders is set, remind people. lets only run this once a day.
if (isset($config['user_reminder_enable']) && $config['user_reminder_enable'] == ENABLED )
{
	$check_time = (int) gmdate('mdY',time() + (3600 * ($config['board_timezone'] + $config['board_dst'])));

if ( $config['user_reminder_last_auto_run'] != $check_time)
	{
		if (!function_exists('send_user_reminders'))
		{
			include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_user_reminder.' . $phpEx);
		}

send_user_reminders();

if ($config['user_reminder_log_opt_users_react'])
		{
			add_log('admin', 'LOG_USER_REMINDER_AUTO_RUN');
		}

set_config('user_reminder_last_auto_run', $check_time);
	}
}
// Assign index specific vars
$template->assign_vars(array(
	'TOTAL_POSTS'	=> sprintf($user->lang[$l_total_post_s], $total_posts),
	'TOTAL_TOPICS'	=> sprintf($user->lang[$l_total_topic_s], $total_topics),
	'TOTAL_USERS'	=> sprintf($user->lang[$l_total_user_s], $total_users),
	'NEWEST_USER'	=> sprintf($user->lang['NEWEST_USER'], get_username_string('full', $config['newest_user_id'], $config['newest_username'], $config['newest_user_colour'])),

'LEGEND'		=> $legend,
p.s. please use the code bbcode in the future when posting lines of code, it is easier to read.
lefty74
psycosheep

Post by psycosheep »

Hi Lefty

appologies for not using the code i have edited it now

Thankyou for your help i have 2 questions please

Being a novice i have obviously edited the wrong index.php file , do i need to do a complete install of the back up to correct this or is there an easier way.

2ndly when you refer to FIND , real sfq coming i know but is it the word find i am looking for or the ): symbol.

My appologies for being thick but its my first attempt at this , many thnx in advance

sheep
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

Hi sheep, no problem, we all started with this at some stage. this might help you start off with : http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 9&t=724145

this mod has only a few changes to the core files so either you replace the edited ones with your backup files and try again or you unedit the edited ones and reapply the mod changes.

either way is teh same end result, whichever seems easier for you.
lefty74
psycosheep

Post by psycosheep »

Hi Lefty

Great stuff thankyou im going to read this top to both inside and out and i am going to start from scratch.

thnx for your replies and help :D
greenwizard

Post by greenwizard »

Translations of the acp wasn`t right but when i switched to english i found out that the emails were off ...
I then tested and Email was quickly recieved . :lol: Thanks again for your quick support and the great mod !
psycosheep

Post by psycosheep »

Hi Lefty

I followed the installation many many thnx that made it easier to relate to , i did as it said and i have the mods tab in my ACP and my site is still online fully working , but when i click the MODS tab the following error comes up

General Error
Language file ./../language/en_us/mods/acp_user_reminder.php couldn't be opened.
Thnx again for the point in the right direction , i appreciate your time

Update hooraay ive learnt something :lol: :lol: i realised the tester forum was running with en_us language selection so all i did was the same file uploads into the en_us file and its all working............now for the real forum :shock: :shock: :D :D

thnx for a great mod lefty

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”