User Reminder

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
wingnut144

Re: User Reminder

Post by wingnut144 »

I was having a problem searching for users when sending private messages. I posted a ticket on phpBB and was told:
You've made a bad edit to styles/prosilver/template/memberlist_search.html the code JS below is that I see on your site which contains an error.
I have the modified line of code for memberlish_search.html as:

Code: Select all

opener.document.forms['{S_FORM_NAME}'].{S_FIELD_NAME}.value = ( opener.document.forms['{S_FORM_NAME}'].{S_FIELD_NAME}.value.length && opener.document.forms['{S_FORM_NAME}'].{S_FIELD_NAME}.id == "user_reminder_protected_users" ) ? opener.document.forms['{S_FORM_NAME}'].{S_FIELD_NAME}.value + ", " + user :
Am I missing something??
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

wingnut144 wrote:I was having a problem searching for users when sending private messages. I posted a ticket on phpBB and was told:
You've made a bad edit to styles/prosilver/template/memberlist_search.html the code JS below is that I see on your site which contains an error.
I have the modified line of code for memberlish_search.html as:

opener.document.forms['{S_FORM_NAME}'].{S_FIELD_NAME}.value = ( opener.document.forms['{S_FORM_NAME}'].{S_FIELD_NAME}.value.length && opener.document.forms['{S_FORM_NAME}'].{S_FIELD_NAME}.id == "user_reminder_protected_users" ) ? opener.document.forms['{S_FORM_NAME}'].{S_FIELD_NAME}.value + ", " + user :
Am I missing something??

opener.document.forms['{S_FORM_NAME}'].{S_FIELD_NAME}.value = ( opener.document.forms['{S_FORM_NAME}'].{S_FIELD_NAME}.value.length && opener.document.forms['{S_FORM_NAME}'].{S_FIELD_NAME}.id == "user_reminder_protected_users" ) ? opener.document.forms['{S_FORM_NAME}'].{S_FIELD_NAME}.value + ", " + user : ( opener.document.forms['{S_FORM_NAME}'].{S_FIELD_NAME}.value.length && opener.document.forms['{S_FORM_NAME}'].{S_FIELD_NAME}.type == "textarea" ) ? opener.document.forms['{S_FORM_NAME}'].{S_FIELD_NAME}.value + "\n" + user : user;
This is what it looks in my prosilver memberlist_search.html ;)
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
wingnut144

Post by wingnut144 »

That seems to have fixed my problem..... I think......

Except I still don't see anything in the logs that the reminder code is running..... :shock:
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

you only see it in the logs when you manually remind users, if users have dates in the reminded parts they have been reminded.

for the next version, i am going to see about logging the automatic reminders as well.

what you can do to see if the emails are being sent is send yourself a blind copy of every reminder :P

open includes/functions_user_reminder.php
find

$messenger->to($addr['email'], $addr['name']);

$messenger->bcc('email@address.com', 'name');
you will need to replace email@address.com with your own email address and name with your own name.
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
yorick1245

Post by yorick1245 »

hi,
This looks like a very usefull MOD but I've got a problem... when I try to run the SQL query I get an error:
Fout

SQL-query:

INSERT INTO forum_config( config_name, config_value )
VALUES (
'user_reminder_last_auto_run', '0'
);

MySQL retourneerde:
#1062 - Duplicate entry 'user_reminder_last_auto_run' for key 1
I've changed al the tables with the prefix "phpbb" to "forum" because my tables have the prefix "forum".

thanks in advance,
yorick
yorick1245

Post by yorick1245 »

please, someone?
demon327

Post by demon327 »

yorick1245 wrote:please, someone?
You already have that table in youre database ;)
Lisbon

Post by Lisbon »

Someone have this mod intalaled? Can tell me whot i have to put in this fiels? (in ACP -> Sistem -> Languague pack -> "edit language (English)" -> File acp_user_reminder.php

Many tks
yorick1245

Post by yorick1245 »

is it possible to change the messages that are send to the users?
Lisbon

Post by Lisbon »

yorick1245 wrote:is it possible to change the messages that are send to the users?
Yes!
Jarex

Post by Jarex »

I'm a little bit confused. I stucked in editing memberlist_search.html for subsilver2.

<action-group>
		<open src="styles/subsilver2/template/memberlist_body.html">
			<edit>
				<find><![CDATA[		<!-- IF S_IN_SEARCH_POPUP and not S_SELECT_SINGLE --><td align="center"><input type="checkbox" class="radio" name="user" value="{memberrow.USERNAME}" /></td><!-- ENDIF -->]]></find>
				<inline-edit>
					<inline-find>{memberrow.USERNAME}</inline-find>
					<inline-action type="replace-with"><![CDATA[<!-- IF S_IN_SEARCH_USER_REMINDER -->{memberrow.USERID}<!-- ELSE -->{memberrow.USERNAME}<!-- ENDIF -->]]></inline-action>
				</inline-edit>
			</edit>
		</open>
		<open src="styles/subsilver2/template/memberlist_search.html">
			<edit>
				<find>	opener.document.forms['{S_FORM_NAME}'].{S_FIELD_NAME}.value =</find>
				<inline-edit>
					<inline-find>opener.document.forms['{S_FORM_NAME}'].{S_FIELD_NAME}.value =</inline-find>
					<inline-action type="after-add"><![CDATA[( opener.document.forms['{S_FORM_NAME}'].{S_FIELD_NAME}.value.length && opener.document.forms['{S_FORM_NAME}'].{S_FIELD_NAME}.id == "user_reminder_protected_users" ) ? opener.document.forms['{S_FORM_NAME}'].{S_FIELD_NAME}.value + ", " + user :]]></inline-action>
				</inline-edit>
			</edit>
		</open>
		<diy-instructions lang="en">Once installed, the User Reminder Module needs to be added in the ACP.
searching for

opener.document.forms['{S_FORM_NAME}'].{S_FIELD_NAME}.value =
I have found it in two places:

<!-- IF S_IN_SEARCH_POPUP -->
	<script type="text/javascript">
	// <![CDATA[
		function insert_user(user)
		{
			opener.document.forms['{S_FORM_NAME}'].{S_FIELD_NAME}.value = ( opener.document.forms['{S_FORM_NAME}'].{S_FIELD_NAME}.value.length && opener.document.forms['{S_FORM_NAME}'].{S_FIELD_NAME}.type == "textarea" ) ? opener.document.forms['{S_FORM_NAME}'].{S_FIELD_NAME}.value + "\n" + user : user;
		}

function insert_marked(users)
		{
			if (typeof(users.length) == "undefined")
			{
				if (users.checked)
				{
					insert_user(users.value);
				}
			}
			else if (users.length > 0)
			{
				for (i = 0; i < users.length; i++)
				{
					if (users[i].checked)
					{
						insert_user(users[i].value);
					}
				}
			}

self.close();
		}

function insert_single(user)
		{
			opener.document.forms['{S_FORM_NAME}'].{S_FIELD_NAME}.value = user;
			self.close();
		}		
Which one should be edited? The first one is quite similar and I assume that I should replace it instead of edit it. Am I right?
PHPBB 3.0.9
drankur

Post by drankur »

lefty74 wrote:you only see it in the logs when you manually remind users, if users have dates in the reminded parts they have been reminded.

for the next version, i am going to see about logging the automatic reminders as well.

what you can do to see if the emails are being sent is send yourself a blind copy of every reminder :P

open includes/functions_user_reminder.php
find

$messenger->to($addr['email'], $addr['name']);

$messenger->bcc('email@address.com', 'name');
you will need to replace email@address.com with your own email address and name with your own name.
what i have to do with second code,add before,after,inline or replace
MoeAlza

Post by MoeAlza »

never mind i edited the index.php wrong.
Last edited by MoeAlza on Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
damienhbg

Post by damienhbg »

Great mod, think its works great, tho i havent seen none of the sent email reminders myself, i'm assuming its working lol, however, where can i edit the 3 different reminders? zero posts, inactive, and not logged in reminders? also once again, GREAT WORK LEFTY!!!! :)
My coolest mods: My Page; User Reminder; PJIRC CHAT
Aladdin

Post by Aladdin »

I just installed this mod on my 3.0.2 board.

I enabled it and set to send automatic reminders to inactive users. How can I check that reminders have been sent? And when exactly will these reminders be sent? I checked my mail server's log and was not able to see any send attemps.

How does this mod work when is set to automatic mode? Thanks.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”