Log connections

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Elglobo
Former Team Member
Name: Mickaël SALFATI

Re: Log connections

Post by Elglobo »

RoutersTR wrote:moderators or global moderators don't see log connections..

moderators see permissions settings ???
You have to give to your moderator the admin permission to view logs in ACP:

DaZam wrote:Maybe it's just me but when I use the filter function in the log (where you can enter for example a certain ip to only see matches of that ip) the paging function disappears? And yes there are more hits than whats showed on the first page.

Can someone else confirm this?
Hi DaZam,

There is a little bug. The paging function disappears but I wanted display all records in the page, that isn't the case. To correct this problem, open /includes/acp/acp_lc.php and search:

Code: Select all

view_log($mode, $log_data, $log_count, $config['topics_per_page'], $start, $forum_id, 0, 0, $sql_where, $sql_sort);
Replace by:

$topic_per_page = (!empty($usearch) || !empty($isearch) || $asearch !== 'ACP_LOGS_ALL') ? '' : $config['topics_per_page'];
			view_log($mode, $log_data, $log_count, $topic_per_page, $start, $forum_id, 0, 0, $sql_where, $sql_sort);
@+ ;)
phpBB-Services.com: L'hébergement et l'assistance de votre forum phpBB en toute tranquillité.

RoutersTR

Post by RoutersTR »

ok :))))

thx thx thx...

Ok i seeee

very big mod connections log

muggins
Name: Donovan

Post by muggins »

It has recently become important for me to use this mod, but I have a heavily customized version 3.0.1 board and some of the finds are not there for the code changes, auth_db.php in particular. I searched session.php first and was pleased, but only briefly. :(

Is there a way to make this work with an earlier version than 3.0.2?
Muggins

Elglobo
Former Team Member

Post by Elglobo »

Hi muggins,

It's possible, because this MOD worked on 3.0.1. Before to answer you, why don't you update your phpBB3 version ?

@+ ;)
phpBB-Services.com: L'hébergement et l'assistance de votre forum phpBB en toute tranquillité.

muggins

Post by muggins »

I have tried more than once, and I end up with lots of errors and incorrect edits. It is a fairly active board, so I don't want it down for a day while I hunt down problems.

As I said, I have lots of mods installed, and some changes that I have made as well, but I'm not a good programmer anymore.

If you have an older version or a list of changes, I would surely appreciate your help! :D
Muggins

wolfman24

Post by wolfman24 »

You are trying to apply the mod to a live board? Keep your fingers crossed! The normal behavior should be that you test the mod on a (local) copy of your board and if it runs well, do the changes to your live board. Everything else is not recommended.

But other than that, I also have a heavily modified board and the edits worked out fine. You sometimes need to look a bit closer, but you can also set up a standard phpbb3 board with no mods and apply the changes there, which should be no problem. Later, compare these modified files with your files from the actual board and apply the changes. Should be easier then.

muggins

Post by muggins »

I host my board locally, so if a mod barfs I can restore a working set of files within seconds.

If I had scads of time, I would learn to program again, as well, and not need to ask for help from all you good folks. :D
Muggins

matthewhotdude

Post by matthewhotdude »

Love this mod! im getting loads of

Failure - non-existent user
» menioffinty (2 attempts)
are they bot's? surley people arnt stupid enough to try and log in when they havent joined

updown

Post by updown »

matthewhotdude wrote:are they bot's?
maybe. some are!
matthewhotdude wrote:surley people arnt stupid enough to try and log in when they havent joined
Don't be too sure about that :D I also have several entries where users tried to log in before they recognize that they need to register first... - That's life! :lol:

Elglobo
Former Team Member

Post by Elglobo »

updown wrote:
matthewhotdude wrote:surley people arnt stupid enough to try and log in when they havent joined
Don't be too sure about that :D I also have several entries where users tried to log in before they recognize that they need to register first... - That's life! :lol:
:mrgreen: Updown said all ;)

muggins

Post by muggins »

Elglobo,

Do you have a version of this for 3.0.1, or a list of the edit changes?
Muggins

Elglobo
Former Team Member

Post by Elglobo »

Hi muggins,

I had as I already said in this topic, because the MOD worked under phpBB 3.0.1 but it was updated to the last version. I don't keep the old archives and I don't have the time to support old versions of phpBB3.

It's already complicated with the actual version :-D Exceptionally, I can give you a list of changes for files who are problematics.

Give me a quick report of finds that you don't match ;)

ej311

Post by ej311 »

Do you have a php script for the database table modifications? Every time I've used PHPMyAdmin on a mod it hasn't worked properly.

muggins

Post by muggins »

Elglobo,

Many thanks. I will have the list of unmatched finds for you within 36 hours.
Muggins

muggins

Post by muggins »

Elglobo,

Here are my unmatched finds.

The third find in includes/auth/auth_db.php:

if (!$username)
    { 
In searching and comparing code, I found the correct version of auth_db.php, and have it in place now.

It's all sorted now, and I will install your mod. Thanks for the lesson! :D
Muggins

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”