Advanced Meta Tags

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
happypappy

Re: Advanced Meta Tags

Post by happypappy »

So I have Forum SEO and SitemapFX installed. I went to install this and came across some minor differences with functions.php and viewtopic.php. Please tell if I made these changes correctly. Thanks!

Your instructions for functions.php:
Find
Tip: This may be a partial find and not the whole line.

CODE:
function page_header($page_title = '', $display_online_list = true)

Replace With

CODE:
function page_header($page_title = '', $display_online_list = true, $post_text = '') // true, post_text added by Advanced Meta Tags MOD

My Changes:
function page_header($page_title = '', $display_online_list = true, $item_id = 0, $item = 'forum', $post_text = '') // true, post_text added by Advanced Meta Tags MOD

Your instructions for viewtopic.php:
Find
Tip: This may be a partial find and not the whole line.

CODE:
page_header($user->lang['VIEW_TOPIC'] .' - ' . $topic_data['topic_title']);

Replace With

CODE:
page_header($user->lang['VIEW_TOPIC'] .' - ' . $topic_data['topic_title'], true, $first_post_text); // true, post_text added by Advanced Meta Tags MOD

My Changes:
page_header($user->lang['VIEW_TOPIC'] .' - ' . $topic_data['topic_title'], true, $first_post_text, true, $forum_id); // true, post_text added by Advanced Meta Tags MOD

happypappy

Post by happypappy »

Ok I am having the worst time getting this mod to work correctly. I finally got it to run without errors using the recent file edits to fix the errors but even after purging the cache and refreshing the templates and theme the meta tags dont show as they should. I have everything set up in board settings.

I would like to fully remove this mod and I have already edited the files back but I need to remove the SQL entries. How do I do this manually? Thanks :-)

fussle

Post by fussle »

You can use phpMyAdmin to remove the tables manualy...

Sorry for my cruel english...

happypappy

Post by happypappy »

Yes I know this, but what are the sql entries to remove them

fussle

Post by fussle »

table phpbb_config

description_word_count
use_dynamic_description
append_keywords_first
global_keywords
append_global_keywords
'keyword_word_count
use_dynamic_keywords

happypappy

Post by happypappy »

Thanks but is there a certain way the entires need to be entered into the database? The original sql entries look like this:

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('description_word_count', 150);
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('use_dynamic_description', 1);
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('append_keywords_first', 0);
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('global_keywords', 'replace, these, keywords, with your own, keywords');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('append_global_keywords', 1);
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('keyword_word_count', 50);
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('use_dynamic_keywords', 1);

Shouldnt the entries look the same for removing them? Just guessing as it has been ages since I did this but maybe something like:
REMOVE FROM phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('description_word_count', 150);

samkak

Post by samkak »

i have added the module.but i cant see any visible changes or errors either.how do i confirm that the mod has been installed properly?i have just started with the new forum so there are no posts there.have a look,plz tell me if its installed properly.as will there be a separate option in the admin area if its installed properly?i cant see one.
http://medicalworld.in/forums/

thanks in advance.

egranto

Post by egranto »

hi i'm using http://www.phpBB-SEO.com SEO TOOLKIT BEGIN - TITLE

and my code fro 3.0.6 is the following

viewtopic

Code: Select all

page_header($topic_data['topic_title'] . ' : ' .  $topic_data['forum_name'] . $extra_title, true, $first_post_text, $forum_id);
functions

function page_header($page_title = '', $display_online_list = true, $post_text = '', $item_id = 0, $item = 'forum')

One thing i notice is that the post_text should go after the true other wise you get the error of the mysql

i hope this will be helpful

whocarez

Post by whocarez »

For those with these SQL errors.

After "diffing" the original functions.php with my modified functions.php, I figured out, that eventually I changed the following lines manually or the update wasn`t successfully.

Anyway in function "obtain_users_online" and "guests_online" I had to change the line

$reading_sql = ' AND s.session_' . $item . 'id = ' . (int) $item_id;
to

$reading_sql = ' AND s.session_' . $item . '_id = ' . (int) $item_id;
After that everything is working (at least for me) ...

pearsonhurst

Post by pearsonhurst »

OK, circling back around to try to get this mod working. I'm on 3.0.5, mod appears to have installed successfully. I can see the options in ACP, but I'm still not seeing any tags being generated. I have Dynamic Description and Dynamic Keywords on, cleared cache, but I'm getting neither in the page source.

Forum is here:

http://www.theparentingpod.com/phpBB3/index.php

pearsonhurst

Post by pearsonhurst »

Anyone????

fussle

Post by fussle »

He Tripp, can you update the Mod for phpBB 3.0.6?

Spaatz

Post by Spaatz »

nadalbg wrote:The forum generates meta tags for the topics and it is great function which I like so much, but
Is there anyway that the mod will generate meta tags for the forums too, instead of having the same meta tags as the index page.
or if you know how to do it manualy.

Meta tags for the forums is also very important, definately can help your sub forums to rank better in google.
I'd like to know if this is possible too. Did I forget to enable something or is this functionality not included?

alahamdan

Post by alahamdan »

Spaatz wrote:
nadalbg wrote:The forum generates meta tags for the topics and it is great function which I like so much, but
Is there anyway that the mod will generate meta tags for the forums too, instead of having the same meta tags as the index page.
or if you know how to do it manualy.

Meta tags for the forums is also very important, definately can help your sub forums to rank better in google.
I'd like to know if this is possible too. Did I forget to enable something or is this functionality not included?
I use this mod and its not creating keywords and description for forums.

I'm using this Mod to do that and its working fine:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1813225

newn

Post by newn »

Hi. Do i need to install this when i'm using everything (except url rewriter, because it needs apache something) from here: http://www.phpbb-seo.com/? I mean will it help anything?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”