RedBar³

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
RedH'

Re: RedBar³

Post by RedH' »

oke. well. i will try that. I hope that it will work.

Thanks for the Support Kenny ;) You hear from me when everything works.

RedH'

Post by RedH' »

I've tried it with my own prefix and it still doens't work.

When i start the query. i get this:
SQL-query:

INSERT INTO ecritzphpbb_acl_options( auth_option, is_global, is_local, founder_only )
VALUES (
'a_redbar', 1, 0, 0
)

MySQL retourneerde: Documentatie
#1146 - Table 'deb12391_phpbb.ecritzphpbb_acl_options' doesn't exist

stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Post by stickerboy »

Ok, we can try this another way then - by manually inserting the permission :)
I'm going to assume that you use phpMyadmin to edit your database. have a look in your hosting control panel for it. No select your database from the dropdown (1), click on 'acl_options' on the menu on the left hand side (2) and then look for the 'INSERT' tab on the top right of your screen (3). Click on it.

Now enter in the information as shown in the picture below and click go. You should recieve a message saying the query was executed successfully. If you have nay problems, please let me know :)

I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red

RedH'

Post by RedH' »

i've asked some people and there was nothing to do about is.

So i have to start with a new clean phpBB forum :(

stickerboy
Former Team Member

Post by stickerboy »

:? ok . . . I wouldn't have gone that far. I'm sure we could have fixed it.
Never the less if you're going to try installing it again, make sure to read the instructions very carefully and follow what i've said in the last few posts.

RedH'

Post by RedH' »

Everything i did was good. accept the SQL things. I've done that AFTER i modified the .php files.. little bit stupid ;)

grovenor

Post by grovenor »

I was having trouble with the Redbar links showing in white space with no shaded bar or text formatting.
I still am!

To save searching back:
Postby grovenor on Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:07 am

cherokee red wrote:Keith, sorry I never got back to you. I only quickly read your pm and thought you had fixed the issue.
I checked out your site and it looks like you installation of phpBB is quite messed up. You 3.0.2 update hasn't gone through properly.
Also, your styles tab is missing and half of your system tab too :shock: Might want to try re-installing phpBB then apply this MOD ;)

Thanks, I'll have a go at that, not immediately though, sounds like it will take some time. I'll let you know in due course.
Regards
Keith
Since I have noted others having the same problem but no solution so far, eg:
Postby sorro on Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:59 pm

cherokee red wrote:My links don't show in a bar like on your development board.
Make sure you edited your CSS files correctly. If you're using a style other than prosilver, this is crucial.

I do not use the original prosilver but my style ist based on it - only the colours are different. I followed the instructions for prosilver but there are only the links - not the bar around it. Do you have some idea?

Thanks for your work!
So Ok I have re-installed the board using fresh files from the 3.02 download, got all the missing ACP and UCP pages back. Everything is working, as a comparison I re-installed by localhost test board at the same time.
Then I have remade the redbar mod on both boards side by side. The local board has come back with its redbar a real bar and the link text showing bold with the assigned colour, the live board has come back with the links in plain text on white space just as before.

The only difference I can see is that my localhost has php 5.2.5 whilst the live host has php 4.4.9. Could this have something to do with it?

Anyway, doing all this slowly and carefully has taken most of Saturday, I will live with it unless a positive fix is produced.
Best regards
Keith
Problem boards at http://www.merg.org.uk/forum/ and http://www.scalefour.org/forum/

Zonky

Post by Zonky »

Hi folks,

I've got this mod to work alright I think but I get

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/posting.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/posting.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/posting.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/posting.php:1)

on the Redbar page

and when I add a link I get

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /public_html/phpBB3/language/en/acp/posting.php:1) in public_html/phpBB3/adm/index.php on line 150

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /public_html/phpBB3/language/en/acp/posting.php:1) in public_html/phpBB3/adm/index.php on line 152

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at public_html/phpBB3/language/en/acp/posting.php:1) in public_html/phpBB3/adm/index.php on line 153

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at public_html/phpBB3/language/en/acp/posting.php:1) in public_html/phpBB3/adm/index.php on line 154

Apart from that it's working fine! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Zonky on Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

stickerboy
Former Team Member

Post by stickerboy »

You need to be careful when editing language files. Make sure there is no white pace at the start of the file (before the <?php). If that doesn't help, make sure you save the files without BOM Use a test editor like pspad ot EditPlus :)

Zonky

Post by Zonky »

cherokee red wrote:You need to be careful when editing language files. Make sure there is no white pace at the start of the file (before the <?php). If that doesn't help, make sure you save the files without BOM Use a test editor like pspad ot EditPlus :)
Ok I have downloaded PSPad, do I run the 2 files through them by using the convertor or something? Sorry I am very new to this stuff!!!! :shock:

stickerboy
Former Team Member

Post by stickerboy »

No, just open them, then when you go to save them, make sure to save them as UTF-8 without BOM. Might be better grabbing a clean language file, editing it with pspad and then saving :)

Zonky

Post by Zonky »

cherokee red wrote:No, just open them, then when you go to save them, make sure to save them as UTF-8 without BOM. Might be better grabbing a clean language file, editing it with pspad and then saving :)
YEEEAAAAAHHH!!! :lol: :lol:

Thanks very much!

stickerboy
Former Team Member

Post by stickerboy »

Most welcome. Glad to see you got it sorted :mrgreen:

Zonky

Post by Zonky »

cherokee red wrote:Most welcome. Glad to see you got it sorted :mrgreen:
Just one other thing if I may, should the bar be Red as mine is white? :)

Zonky

Post by Zonky »

Zonky wrote:
cherokee red wrote:Most welcome. Glad to see you got it sorted :mrgreen:
Just one other thing if I may, should the bar be Red as mine is white? :)
Anyone? How do you color the bar? :?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”