RedBar³

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Re: RedBar³

Post by stickerboy » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:29 am

There are 3 ways you can do it.

1. You can click the purge cache button in the ACP.
2. You can refresh the template/imageset/theme from the styles tab (not reccommended)
3. Delete all the files from your /cache/ folder *except* from index.html and .htacccess (requires FTP access to your forums files)

1 or 3 are your best opitions. I prefer option 3 and only use option 1 for quick changes.
You should also clear your web-browsers cache too ;)
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red

dv-design

Post by dv-design » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:43 am

cherokee red wrote:There are 3 ways you can do it.

1. You can click the purge cache button in the ACP.
2. You can refresh the template/imageset/theme from the styles tab (not reccommended)
3. Delete all the files from your /cache/ folder *except* from index.html and .htacccess (requires FTP access to your forums files)

1 or 3 are your best opitions. I prefer option 3 and only use option 1 for quick changes.
You should also clear your web-browsers cache too ;)
I re-edited each file, re uploaded them to my host. I re-ran the sql queries. i went back into the acp and redid the process to add the mod. I purged my cache using option 3.

I still have the same issue, no tab for the mod, no option for permissions. Im really frustrated, even though i really wanted a nav bar at the top im about to give up. I know this isnt your fault and i apreciate your time.

If i want to wipe every thing clean and start all over how would i do that? The board was never active so i have nothing to lose. Maybe this would be bext unless you have another idea.

stickerboy
Former Team Member

Post by stickerboy » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:51 am

If you like, and only if you're comfortable, I'm happy to take a look for you :)
I would need FTP access (only to your forums files) and a temporary admin account (one that you can safely delete later ;)). I'll completely understand if you're not comfortable with this, but PM me the details I can look hopefully early ths afternoon (around 13.00 GMT).

If you wanted to start over, and don't care about loosing any MODs, you can delete all the phpBB files (except from config.php) and upload a fresh set (again, except from config.php). If you are using a version earlier that 3.0.2, you'll also have to update your database using the /install/database_update.php file :)

dv-design

Post by dv-design » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:59 am

cherokee red wrote:If you like, and only if you're comfortable, I'm happy to take a look for you :)
I would need FTP access (only to your forums files) and a temporary admin account (one that you can safely delete later ;)). I'll completely understand if you're not comfortable with this, but PM me the details I can look hopefully early ths afternoon (around 13.00 GMT).

If you wanted to start over, and don't care about loosing any MODs, you can delete all the phpBB files (except from config.php) and upload a fresh set (again, except from config.php). If you are using a version earlier that 3.0.2, you'll also have to update your database using the /install/database_update.php file :)
I have np with giving you temp access except im not sure how. Ill look into it and pm u with any relavant information.

If i delete all the phpbb files do i also need to nedo my MySQL database? For now im leaving everything as is so you can see it, the only change is i had deleted the mods through acp.

S4pphir3

Post by S4pphir3 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:45 pm

dv-design wrote:Well im lost. I followed the directions. I get to the point in the ACP where i activate the mod. then i never get the new tab and cannot find the option for permissions of the bar. I dont know why this is. I tired clearing my temp files and history. I tried logging out of ACP and then back in.

Unless i goofed a file or something then i dunt know whats wrong. I could use some help. Thanks.
I have same problem. Everything seems ok, but theres no tab :x

Daryl Grant

Post by Daryl Grant » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:52 pm

This mod is how I like my women, nice and simple :)

easy to install but could you advise me how to make the links open in new window.

Fridge
Name: Martin

Post by Fridge » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:17 am

The most simple way is to ad a target="_blank" to the code, just put it after

Code: Select all

<!-- BEGIN redbar --><a href="{redbar.U_REDBAR_URL}" 
Side effect is that your page won't pass through W3C validation...

stickerboy
Former Team Member

Post by stickerboy » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:53 pm

You can use this though - onclick="window.open(this.href); return false;"
That won't break validation ;)

To those that don't see that tab, this seems to be a problem of having duplicate permissions.
Check the acl_optiocs table in your database and look for a_redbar - if you have more than 1, delete the extra's :)

grovenor

Post by grovenor » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:20 pm

I have also been struggling with this installation for the last couple of days, everything seems to go as per instructions except no tab. I do have the permissions showing in the 'misc' tab. But of a 'redbar' tab in the main ACP page, no sign. I can turn the other modules on and off and their respective tabs come and go.

I found your suggestion concerning duplicate a_redbar entries in the database and indeed found and deleted the extra ones. However it has not made any difference.

The bars have appeared in the header and footer, but without any links of course.

Is there anything else I should be doing?
Thanks
Keith

grovenor

Post by grovenor » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:53 pm

Ok.
Having been purging the cache all day with your method 1, ie using the button on the ACP, I now tried your method 3 and found it far from 'purged' deleting all the files out of there has solved the tab problem.
Thankyou.
Only puzzle now is that the install on my local host has the links on a nice new blue bar in the header and footer as I asssume is intended but my on line test site has the links in white space and no new bar, at least its functional but a bit of investigating to do.
Regards
Keith

blkspd3

Post by blkspd3 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:29 am

i just installed this mod yesterday on my phpbb board (www.midnight-racers.com) and i cannot figure out why the red bar will not display. i have added links through the redbar tab in acp and they do not show. what am i doing wrong?

daniel.jrm

Post by daniel.jrm » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:11 am

Ahh,

Same trouble here, I installed everything correctly, double checked everything.
including the MySQL tables.
There is No tab showing up for RedBar.

I am willing to give someone temporary admin if they believe they can fix this issue.

Thanks heaps,
Daniel.

daniel.jrm

Post by daniel.jrm » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:52 am

All fixed!
I got the RedBar Working, but its just a white bar at the moment.
I deleted all the extra

Code: Select all

a_redbar
MySQL entries.
I also Deleted the /cache files, except .htaccess and index.htm AND Purged the Cache in ACP.

Thanks heaps for all the other posts. All came in handy =]

grovenor

Post by grovenor » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:04 am

i have now done 3 installs.
(1). On my localhost test bed, everything came good after I cleared the cache, proper blue bar and the ACP Tabs working OK.
(2). On a hosted site that is still in trial, everything is good except that there is no link bar, the links are showing up in white space.
(3). On a hosted active site, same as 2 plus all the ACP pages related to 'permissions' are just blank pages. ie the entire 'Permissions' Tab and permission items in the menus under the 'Forums' and 'Users and Groups' tabs.

I can't see any differences in the files I have modified for the three cases. I have done file compares on them!

One thing is that my local host (1) above is using PHP 5.2.5, while the remote sites (2) and (3) are using PHP 4.4.8, could this affect the blue bar/white space issue? The blank permission pages must be something else as it occurs on (3) and not (2).

Suggestions welcome. (The blank pages has not affected my current settings but stops me making any changes to permissions)
Regards
Keith

daniel.jrm

Post by daniel.jrm » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:16 am

Hmm I'm getting the same as you on [2]. Just a white bar WITH links. So if anyone has any information, it'd be much appreciated here too.

I used to get what you had on [3] But I checked permissions_phpbb.php and I found out i had an extra comma after the redbar code. Took that out and Purged the cache, seemed to work fine. Oh, And I deleted the 4 extra a_redbar MySQL entries. Not sure if that had anything to do with it though.

http://softmodz.gotdns.com/phpbb/

Theres my forum if you wanna see whats happening, I just have a home link up.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”