RedBar³

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Re: RedBar³

Post by stickerboy »

Hehe glad you figured it out. Thanks for the heads up on the xml issue, I'll take a look just now :)
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red

stickerboy
Former Team Member

Post by stickerboy »

Lucian - I've just tested the xml files in 4 separate browsers (IE7, FF3, Safari 3.1.2 & Chrome) and they load up fine for me. Can you give me an idea of the issues you're having? Error message or screenshot? :)

I almost forgot to add - To anyone maintaining a translation for this MOD, there is one new language entry for 1.0.2. Added to the RedBar block in language/en/acp/posting.php.

Code: Select all

'FORUM_DEFAULT'		=> 'Forum Default',

statictrash

Post by statictrash »

:? :? :? :? :?

I have a horrible issue with this MOD.

http://www.pswehateyou.com/talkingshit/index.php

I went a head and followed the directions to install the MOD.
I updated all the necessary php files and uploaded the ones inlcuded with the MOD.

I also updated the SQL database accordingly but this is where I get confused.
Not totally sure of myself when it comes to updating these databases, but I thought I did a fine job.
---That's actually the last thing I did in order for this MOD. Before I added the database information, I would check the forum and get the error message, "redbar not found" or whatever. Once I updated the database, that error went away and the board was back up. I thought I had finished.

I continued to ACP and worked on the next few steps. No RedBar tab ever showed. I red some replies and cleared the cache, both in ACP and by actually deleting the files via FTP, leaving .htaccess and index.htm there.

Tab still didnt show up.

Shortly afterwards, I refreshed again and I got the error, "this board has no forums" and thats where it currently stands.

Please help me repair my board, I just want the board back and would like to forget I ever tried this MOD.

Thanks!

NEVERMIND-NEVERMIND!

i went through and did an update and restored my board.
i guess im not cut out for doing MODS and playing around with the database!

sorry for the trouble.

stickerboy
Former Team Member

Post by stickerboy »

No worries. There's an FAQ on the 1st page of this topic. I also have a development board set up where you can post questions too, is you ever get round to installing again :) MODding gets easier. The more you break, the more you learn how to fix and stop from breaking as much the next time ;)

sorro

Post by sorro »

sorro wrote:Hi there,

my problem is that all links appear that I entered in ACP but the RedBar itself is missing. The links have no bar around it. But I can't find a mistake in color.css or common.css that have to be changed for prosilver (that I use). Do you want to see the two files to check it?

Bye!
Sorro
Perhaps I should inform you that I use prosilver ... the changes from the contrib folder I have made.

Bye and thanks!

Nick**

Post by Nick** »

The file includes/functions.php does not include

Code: Select all

// The following assigns all _common_ variables that may be used at any point in a template.
What should I search instead?

Nick**

Post by Nick** »

Hmm got that figured out, but now, the RedBar doesn't show up
I made the module, and added RedBar Configuration, all that, but the admin permissions don't include 'Can manage RedBar Links' and I can't see the RedBar module

Please help? I refreshed the template and theme cache, and Im fairly certain the installation went successfully.

Nick**

Post by Nick** »

Ok, I just looked over all of it a third time and Im fairly confident i didn't miss any instructions

Nick**

Post by Nick** »

Ok so now that I read the FAQ at the bottom of the post, I deleted the second a_redbar, but the tab STILL doesn't show up [yes i refreshed cache] and the permission doesn't either

Nick**

Post by Nick** »

Please help?
The bar shows at the top and bottom of the screen, but i cant control it at all

Nick**

Post by Nick** »

I purged the cache incorrectly :lol:
Works perfectly now

GTT

Post by GTT »

Hi!

I installed the MOD and I'm just happy it works very well, but would it be possible to improve the administration, so that they can move the links in the list to organize good as we think ? ;)

sorro

Post by sorro »

cherokee red wrote:My links don't show in a bar like on your development board.
Make sure you edited your CSS files correctly. If you're using a style other than prosilver, this is crucial.
I do not use the original prosilver but my style ist based on it - only the colours are different. I followed the instructions for prosilver but there are only the links - not the bar around it. Do you have some idea?

Thanks for your work!

cstrfrk

Post by cstrfrk »

I'm sorry, but I'm very new to this.

What is the business about SQL in the beginning of the instructions all about?

And can this be used with proSilver se?

edit*
Ok, I think I'm on the right track here. I see the tab in my ACP but when I click "Add new hyperlink", I get this error

The requested URL /Desktop/RedBarLinks/root/adm/style/{U_ACTION} was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any ideas? Anyone?

Prisco3008

Post by Prisco3008 »

Hi to all!
I'm new at this forum and i need help on redbar installation.

I followed each line of instructions, twice.

Now i'm stuck at the first steps:

Go to your ACP -> System -> Module Management :: Administration Control Panel.
At the botom of that page, type RedBar in the text box and then click "Create New Module"
Under module enabled, select "yes" and click submit.
Click in the module you just created. Done!

Now, next to the "Add Module" button, click the dropdown and look for/select "RedBar³ Configuration"
There's no Redbar option in my dropdown menu

What did i do wrong?
I think this bar could be very useful so is my goal to install it, i'll provide an italian translation too, if you still don't have it.

Thank you,
Prisco
Attachments
screen.jpg
screen.jpg (263.49 KiB) Viewed 134 times

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”