RedBar³

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Re: RedBar³

Post by stickerboy » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:47 pm

Hey guys, I've updated the 1st post with an FAQ on some common problems.
Most of your issues should be solved by reading through that. Post back if you still have any issues.
(Having a slight power cut at the moment, so not a lot of time sorry :oops: )
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red

grovenor

Post by grovenor » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:48 pm

Daniel,
thanks for that, did a file compare on permissions_phpbb again and found it, the )); at the end was out of place, so now just left with the white space where there should be a blue bar.
At least it all works and the customers don't know its supposd to be a coloured bar.
Cheers
Keith

grovenor

Post by grovenor » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:17 pm

cherokee red wrote: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My links don't show in a bar link on your development board.
Make sure you edited your CSS files correctly. If you're using a style other than prosilver, this is crucial.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well now, I have three boards done as explained above, following the advice above I have double checked doing a file compare in notepad++ that the header and footer templates and the common and colours css files of all 3 are identical. I did find some slight variation in blank lines and made them all the same.
I uploaded all these to all three boards, deleted the caches. All to no avail, I still have one on my local host with the coloured bars for the links, the other two with just a strip of white space with the links.
Regards
Keith

stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Post by stickerboy » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:25 pm

blkspd3 wrote:i just installed this mod yesterday on my phpbb board (http://www.midnight-racers.com) and i cannot figure out why the red bar will not display. i have added links through the redbar tab in acp and they do not show. what am i doing wrong?
I had a look on your site and it looks like you've either not edited your overall_header/footer.html files or have yet to purge your cache. Make sure you've done all the file edits,purge your cache and it should show.
Remember that you need to make edits to every style you have installed.

@grovenor: can you give me a link to any or all of your sites please (PM me if you wish) and I'll take a look.

To those that are getting blank pages in their ACP - can you confirm if the same happens without my MOD installed and if you get blank pages on other parts of your ACP. If the latter is happening, then that's something out with this MOD and more related to PHP (not phpBB) itself. Blank pages means that PHP is suppressing an error - you should be able to find out the specifics of this error, by checking the error log in your hosts control panel
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red

drankur

Post by drankur » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:48 pm

i have done all the things, but not able to to get 'can manage redbar links ' in misc tab in administrators permisiions.

also not getting links in bold

(all cache cleared)

figo

Post by figo » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:16 pm

has anyone got this mod to work without problems? seems like no one has had a clean install so far reading through the posts, and im scared i might screw some stuff up on my own forum if i could expect the same issues under prosilver

Fridge
Name: Martin

Post by Fridge » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:48 pm

figo wrote:has anyone got this mod to work without problems?
Works just fine, see the bottom of the page at my testboard

Metzle
Name: Daniel

Post by Metzle » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:18 pm

Hi,

great Mod. No problems with it and it works fine.

If there's an interest of having a german translation, take a look here at MetziMods.
Metzle
phpBB.de-Support-Team
No Support via PN/E-Mail/ICQ etc.
Allround-phpBB.de

grovenor

Post by grovenor » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:02 pm

I think the problems I had were mine rather than inherent in the mod. I'm new to this and it is the first mod I've used. The glitches were fixed with a bit of help from this list and were caused by my mistakes.
So don't be put off, my forum members are very pleased with the result.
Regards
Keith

MagicMike304

Post by MagicMike304 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:33 pm

cherokee red wrote:
Features:
  • Integrated with phpBB permissions - choose who you want to have access
Where is the permission setting located? At first I thought I would be able to set permission for each link, but I can't even find the permission on who can or can't view the links.

Thanks,
Mike

Fridge

Post by Fridge » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:11 pm

I was reading your info post and came across this....
cherokee red wrote:Can I turn off the RedBar if I don't want to use it?
There isn't an on/off switch, but if you delete all the links then the bar will not show in the template.
RedBar will show up as soon as 1 link has been entered :)
That is not quite correct, you're right when you're saying that the links disappear but the corners=top and corners-bottom remain on the same place and will not go away.

Is this a right work-a-round for this little problem ?

Original code:

Code: Select all

<div class="redbar">
         <div class="inner"><span class="corners-top"><span></span></span>

<div id="red-bar">
           <div style="text-align:center;">
            <!-- BEGIN redbar --><a href="{redbar.U_REDBAR_URL}" onclick="window.open(this.href); return false;" style="color: #{redbar.REDBAR_COLOUR};" title="{redbar.REDBAR_NAME}">{redbar.REDBAR_NAME}</a><!-- IF redbar.S_LAST_ROW -->&nbsp;<!-- ELSE --> &nbsp; <strong>&#8249;</strong> &nbsp; <!-- ENDIF --><!-- END redbar -->
           </div>   
         </div>

<span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span></div>
      </div>
Adjusted code

Code: Select all

<!-- BEGIN redbar -->
      <div class="redbar">
         <div class="inner"><span class="corners-top"><span></span></span>

<div id="red-bar">
           <div style="text-align:center;">
            <a href="{redbar.U_REDBAR_URL}" onclick="window.open(this.href); return false;" style="color: #{redbar.REDBAR_COLOUR};" title="{redbar.REDBAR_NAME}">{redbar.REDBAR_NAME}</a><!-- IF redbar.S_LAST_ROW -->&nbsp;<!-- ELSE --> &nbsp; <strong>&#8249;</strong> &nbsp; <!-- ENDIF -->
           </div>   
         </div>

<span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span></div>
      </div>
<!-- END redbar -->
Seems to be working for me.....

blkspd3

Post by blkspd3 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:08 am

i didnt see anything about editing overall header and footer. what was i supposed to put there?

daniel.jrm

Post by daniel.jrm » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:09 am

I don't think you have to, It does it all automatically. I believe so anyway.

Fridge

Post by Fridge » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:57 am

blkspd3 wrote:i didnt see anything about editing overall header and footer. what was i supposed to put there?
Look in the "templates" folder, there you will find the "prosilver.xml". These are the edits for your prosilver style

pumpkinkid

Post by pumpkinkid » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:36 am

Nice mod, Just one suggestion If I may. I normally use the title="" in the links so that I may explain the links to the users... I will work on the mod myself as it should be simple enough, but with your permission I can post my results here.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”