RedBar³

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
lanesharon

Re: RedBar³

Post by lanesharon » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:01 pm

I have a need for another menu line and am wondering if I can duplicate this mod to add a second mod and get the same effect that I want. Has anyone tried that?

Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:29 am

Shouldn't be necessary to do that, see the FAQ in the mod author's first post (3rd post of topic).
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

lanesharon

Post by lanesharon » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:15 pm

Yup, I was able to manipulate the mod to do what I wanted. I 'arranged' the items through phpMyAdmin and change the id number to congregate my links per line. Line number one is the actual links that are 'within' the forum. Line number two are the main website links. I had to use terms that would 'force' the separation of those two lines, base on standard Vista sized screen (I hope).

Then, I went into the CSS and added a line-height of 200% to clearly break the two lines apart. And, I used the RedBar ACP to change colors to separate them using color. Others can see what I mean by clicking on the Forums link in my signature.

I really did not want to go through the additional mod and I am hoping that my adaptations work.

WolfSoul

Post by WolfSoul » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:09 am

Ok apologies if anyhone asked before.. but is it possible to use images instead of text for the links
If someone did ask before just link me to the post thnx

Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:46 am

@ WolfSole
The search function on these pages may not be the best search algorithm ever written but it's a pretty good place to start.

Try entering "image" in the search box above.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

WolfSoul

Post by WolfSoul » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:21 am

Well that sorta helped.. I think mzeora had some solution as I want

michaelrecycle

Post by michaelrecycle » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:00 pm

Fridge wrote:@cherokee red, with your permission i'm putting my subsilver edits in this topic because i can't edit them anymore in the dev topic. Made some changes so the bar does not show when there are no links in the redbar and add a little css to get control over the bar

Edits for the Subsilver2 style

Open styles/subsilver2/theme/stylesheet.css and find:

Code: Select all

p.breadcrumbs {
	margin: 0;
	float: left;
	color: black;
	font-weight: bold;
	white-space: normal;
	font-size: 1em;
}
Before add:

.redbar {
   margin: 0;
   text-align:center;
   font-weight: bold;
   font-size: 1.1em;
}
Then make a new html file, call it redbar.html and past within:
This file should be placed where your other template files are

<!-- IF .redbar -->
   <table class="tablebg" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" style="margin-top: 10px;">
   <tr>
      <td class="row1">
         <p class="redbar"><!-- BEGIN redbar --><a href="{redbar.U_REDBAR_URL}" onclick="window.open(this.href); return false;" style="color: #{redbar.REDBAR_COLOUR};" title="{redbar.REDBAR_NAME}">{redbar.REDBAR_NAME}</a><!-- IF redbar.S_LAST_ROW -->&nbsp;<!-- ELSE --> &nbsp; <strong>&#8249;</strong> &nbsp; <!-- ENDIF --><!-- END redbar --></p>
      </td>
   </tr>
   </table>
<!-- ENDIF -->
Now you can include in overall_header.html, overall_footer.html of index_bode.html the bar using

<!-- INCLUDE redbar.html -->
For example....i included it only in overall_footer.html after:

<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT -->{RUN_CRON_TASK}<!-- ENDIF -->
</div>
As an extra i did a piece of extra css to get control over the width of the bar

In styles/subsilver2/theme/stylesheet.css find:

#datebar {
	margin: 10px 25px 0 25px;
}
Before add:

#menubottom {
	margin: 0 25px;
}
Now you must include the following to get the bar and control over it through css

<div id="menubottom">
   <!-- INCLUDE redbar.html -->
	</div>
Play with the margin as you see fit and don't forget to refresh your template when done.

On my test forum you can see the result
How do you get the links to appear coloured in Subsilver?

pfaulkner

Post by pfaulkner » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:36 pm

I have followed the instructions, when i click on the redbar tab in ACP i get a blank white screen and the following: '' in the top left corner.

noth

Post by noth » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:51 am

Kenny in view of the latest 307PLI and the default provision of feeds I would be interested in your view

in your opinion. . . . if members already having redbar up and running on their sites, added another hyperlink to their redbar: "Feeds," with the link being feed.php would you say that was a good thing to do? or not worth bothering with?

cheers

Malcolm

cfotoceo

Post by cfotoceo » Wed May 05, 2010 10:59 pm

I too use subsilver2 and the color swath does not work for the links, pick a color and still shows up as blue.

Also, I give permission to my moderators to use redbar but when they go to the ACP no tab for them. Tab is there for me but not for them even though I followed the instruction to give permissions...

Good mod, I am changing to prosilver but need my board up while I do that would like to solve the above if possible.

cfotoceo

Post by cfotoceo » Wed May 05, 2010 11:51 pm

The following is not XHTML compliant, has a few errors.

ran it via http://validator.w3.org/

<!-- IF .redbar -->
       <table class="tablebg" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" style="margin-top: 10px;">
       <tr>
          <td class="row1">
             <p class="redbar"><!-- BEGIN redbar --><a href="{redbar.U_REDBAR_URL}" onclick="window.open(this.href); return false;" style="color: #{redbar.REDBAR_COLOUR};" title="{redbar.REDBAR_NAME}">{redbar.REDBAR_NAME}</a><!-- IF redbar.S_LAST_ROW -->&nbsp;<!-- ELSE --> &nbsp; <strong>&#8249;</strong> &nbsp; <!-- ENDIF --><!-- END redbar --></p>
          </td>
       </tr>
       </table>
    <!-- ENDIF -->

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”