th23 Autolinks

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
prophetUK

Re: th23 Autolinks

Post by prophetUK » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:47 pm

:oops:

So I am :D
Phew...and there I was panicking for a moment. Great mod, this is absolutely fantastic!

Maverick

Post by Maverick » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:25 pm

Would it be difficult to add a feature to this mod that allows the admin to specify which forum(s) an autolink word should be replaced in. For example, maybe I would want the word "phpbb" to replaced with an autolink only on Forum X but not Forum Y or Z. Would this ever be possible?

Regardless, thanks so much for making this mod.
-Maverick

prophetUK

Post by prophetUK » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:12 pm

If you're worried about links being 'invasive' you can customise the CSS style so that:
color: inherit
text-decoration: none

That way the text would look like normal text unless the mouse cursor is moved over it. I've done this on my own forum: makes the links far less intrusive but still valuable.

Schtorsch

Post by Schtorsch » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:56 am

Hello @all!

I´ve got a problem with the mod (or I am crazy?!)...

I have activated the mod and all works fine - but ohne thing is corrupt: The thumbnails from gallery (external link to my 4images-gallery).

So it should be:

And so shows it my forum with activated mod (an other picture as above - but same problem):

Code: Select all

th23autolink_encode_start_ ..............
The url/img-Code seems to be changed - why? Whats wrong and how could I fix it?
Thanks for all hints! ;)

robotreviews

Post by robotreviews » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:39 am

Schtorsch wrote:Hello @all!

I´ve got a problem with the mod (or I am crazy?!)...

I have activated the mod and all works fine - but ohne thing is corrupt: The thumbnails from gallery (external link to my 4images-gallery).

So it should be:

And so shows it my forum with activated mod (an other picture as above - but same problem):

th23autolink_encode_start_ ..............
The url/img-Code seems to be changed - why? Whats wrong and how could I fix it?
Thanks for all hints! ;)
Same problem here. Works perfectly except for links that are clickable images, regardless of whether they were built manually or not.

Anyone have a fix for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

th23

Post by th23 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:16 am

Schtorsch wrote:I´ve got a problem with the mod (or I am crazy?!)...The thumbnails from gallery (external link to my 4images-gallery)....
robotreviews wrote:Same problem here...
Nobody is crazy ;-)

Sorry for replying that late, but I was busy the last couple of days... there is already a solution / minor fix. Please have a look at my forum http://www.th23.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t ... rt=20#p153 for the description of the solution.

Best regards
Thorsten
Life is what happens...while you're busy making other plans!

robotreviews

Post by robotreviews » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:13 am

th23 wrote:
Sorry for replying that late, but I was busy the last couple of days... there is already a solution / minor fix. Please have a look at my forum http://www.th23.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t ... rt=20#p153 for the description of the solution.

Best regards
Thorsten
Worked perfectly, thanks for the quick reply and for this great mod! :D

stiil

Post by stiil » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:22 pm

How is the caching done? I am interested in this mod, but I'm conserned about the performance. I have already heavily loaded server and a board with about 700 online users.

th23

Post by th23 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:36 pm

stiil wrote:How is the caching done? I am interested in this mod, but I'm conserned about the performance. I have already heavily loaded server and a board with about 700 online users.
Caching uses the "normal" phpBB caching system, but the replacements consumer quite some CPU power...but this in the other side relies on actual number of replacements to be performed.

Hope this helps, but you might just want to give it a try - I would be quite interested in the results!

Cheers
th23

stiil

Post by stiil » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:51 pm

th23 wrote:Caching uses the "normal" phpBB caching system, but the replacements consumer quite some CPU power...but this in the other side relies on actual number of replacements to be performed.
Thanks! It would be great to get some sort of caching for the replacements too (for example the replacements would be generated/refreshed after posting/editing but not when viewing posts).
th23 wrote:Hope this helps, but you might just want to give it a try - I would be quite interested in the results!
Maybe I will, I'll report if I decide to give it a try.

Schtorsch

Post by Schtorsch » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:18 am

robotreviews wrote:
th23 wrote:

Best regards
Thorsten
Worked perfectly, thanks for the quick reply and for this great mod! :D
Works great! Thanks! Now the mod is perfect! :)

th23

Post by th23 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:26 pm

stiil wrote:
th23 wrote:Caching uses the "normal" phpBB caching system, but the replacements consumer quite some CPU power...but this in the other side relies on actual number of replacements to be performed.
Thanks! It would be great to get some sort of caching for the replacements too (for example the replacements would be generated/refreshed after posting/editing but not when viewing posts).
Yes, you're right, that would be a nearly perfect solution performance wise...I already had it on a long list of ideas, but when thinking more detailed about it, came to the conclusion, that this would lead to a lot of different places where you need to change core phpBB code - so to say a very "invasive" MOD.

From my point of view, the trade off would be too much for most users...but for heavy forums, maybe somebody wants to start something like a spin-off MOD :?:

Cheers
th23

Diet Ebola Cola

Post by Diet Ebola Cola » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:40 am

Suggestion: Change name of this Mod to "Autolink Keywords in Posts" ;)
Diet Ebola Cola

th23

Post by th23 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:06 pm

Diet Ebola Cola wrote:Suggestion: Change name of this Mod to "Autolink Keywords in Posts"
Thanks for the idea... I will consider to maybe use it as a subtitle or something like that :)

rosdi

Post by rosdi » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:52 pm

Good mod.

I can't add below codes to: styles/prosilver/theme/stylesheet.css as I'm using Avalon Theme. There is no
@import url("colours.css");:

/* th23 start - autolinks */
@import url("th23_autolinks.css");
/* th23 end - autolinks */
Another thing; how can I change from url link to tooltips?

Thanks.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”