th23 Autolinks

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
antheism

Re: th23 Autolinks

Post by antheism » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:35 am

I have problem after installation.

final step told that "12. You can now administrate th23 Autolinks by clicking on ".MODs" tab on the top under the category "th23 Autolinks" on the left"

when I click on ".MODs" tab on the top, there is no category "th23 Autolinks" on the left", instead there is only "th23 Autolinks - Settings". however, it is normal in Sytem-->Module Management-->Administration Control Panel-->.MODs.
  1. ACP_TH23_AUTOLINKS
  2. ACP_TH23_AUTOLINKS_SETTINGS
  3. ACP_TH23_AUTOLINKS_URLS
all of these is enabled.

can you guys help me with that?

my database does not have a "phpbb_" prefix. so I changed SQL code as the following:

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE th23_autolinks (
  id mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  text varchar(255) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL,
  url varchar(255) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL,
  sort mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (id)
);
INSERT INTO config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('th23_autolinks', 1);
INSERT INTO config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('th23_autolinks_posts', 1);
INSERT INTO config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('th23_autolinks_forum', 1);
INSERT INTO config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('th23_autolinks_forum_ids', '-');
INSERT INTO config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('th23_autolinks_pms', 0);
INSERT INTO config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('th23_autolinks_preview', 0);
INSERT INTO config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('th23_autolinks_code', 0);
INSERT INTO config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('th23_autolinks_user', 0);
INSERT INTO config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('th23_autolinks_user_expire', 86400);
INSERT INTO config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('th23_autolinks_title', 'linked by th23 Autolinks');
INSERT INTO config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('th23_autolinks_css', 'th23autolinks');

shrisak

Post by shrisak » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:00 am

antheism wrote:I have problem after installation.

final step told that "12. You can now administrate th23 Autolinks by clicking on ".MODs" tab on the top under the category "th23 Autolinks" on the left"

when I click on ".MODs" tab on the top, there is no category "th23 Autolinks" on the left", instead there is only "th23 Autolinks - Settings". however, it is normal in Sytem-->Module Management-->Administration Control Panel-->.MODs.
  1. ACP_TH23_AUTOLINKS
  2. ACP_TH23_AUTOLINKS_SETTINGS
  3. ACP_TH23_AUTOLINKS_URLS
all of these is enabled.

can you guys help me with that?

my database does not have a "phpbb_" prefix. so I changed SQL code as the following:

CREATE TABLE th23_autolinks (
  id mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  text varchar(255) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL,
  url varchar(255) collate utf8_bin NOT NULL,
  sort mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (id)
);
INSERT INTO config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('th23_autolinks', 1);
INSERT INTO config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('th23_autolinks_posts', 1);
INSERT INTO config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('th23_autolinks_forum', 1);
INSERT INTO config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('th23_autolinks_forum_ids', '-');
INSERT INTO config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('th23_autolinks_pms', 0);
INSERT INTO config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('th23_autolinks_preview', 0);
INSERT INTO config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('th23_autolinks_code', 0);
INSERT INTO config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('th23_autolinks_user', 0);
INSERT INTO config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('th23_autolinks_user_expire', 86400);
INSERT INTO config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('th23_autolinks_title', 'linked by th23 Autolinks');
INSERT INTO config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('th23_autolinks_css', 'th23autolinks');

I had this happen to me also. You have to be very careful that you follow the directions exactly when adding the th23 to your ACP.

Install the ACP module(s):
1. Go to the ACP (Administrator Control Panel) of your board (Note: Do this after uploading included files/ applying modifications as described above!)
2. Click on "Sytem" tab on the top
3. Click on "Administration Control Panel" in the "Module Management" section on the left
4. Click on the ".MODs" folder
5. Choose "th23 Autolinks" from the drop-down box beside the "Add Module" button (under the entry "th23 Autolinks [acp_th23_autolinks]") and click "Add Module" and confirm to add the module by clicking "Yes"
6. Activate the module "th23 Autolinks" by clicking "Enable"

7. Click on the "th23 Autolinks" folder

8. Choose "Settings" from the drop-down box beside the "Add Module" button (under the entry "th23 Autolinks [acp_th23_autolinks]") and click "Add Module" and confirm to add the module by clicking "Yes"
9. Activate the module "Settings" by clicking "Enable"
10. Choose "URLs" from the drop-down box beside the "Add Module" button (under the entry "th23 Autolinks [acp_th23_autolinks]") and click "Add Module" and confirm to add the module by clicking "Yes"
11. Activate the module "URLs" by clicking "Enable"
12. You can now administrate th23 Autolinks by clicking on ".MODs" tab on the top under the category "th23 Autolinks" on the left

I think you got off track on #7. You must click the newly added th23 Autolinks folder and then add the other modules inside of it. I hope this helps!

ravikum

Post by ravikum » Fri May 01, 2009 3:11 am

Hello,
Thanks for this great mod,

However, i find 2 problems.

1)

If we use a link to replace a word, and if the word is contained in that post 20 times, it will place that link 20 times.

Too many links confuse visitors and make the site spammy ( even though we use css to make links not so obvious)

Is there a way to place the link only in the first occurrence of that word in that post?

2) Is there any way to hide these links from bots?
There may be no use to display these links to bots as these will drain PR.

Thank you

ljscodex

Post by ljscodex » Tue May 05, 2009 7:44 pm

hi, this mod es awesome!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I do some modifications what u can see at my forum.

but, i need replace the words in searchs results, forumlist and another pages, how can i do that?.

Zorry for my english, it's doesnt so good :roll: :roll: :roll:
Admin of Audi Forum

RahaFoorum

Post by RahaFoorum » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:34 pm

Hmm, any way to turn it off for smilie descriptions? I have an autolink for "reegleid" and made a smilie description "loe reegleid!" and it tried to unsuccessfully link that too when I used the smilie.

Was left with a smilie_reegleid/> type of outcome :D
Maybe you could look into it.

Akbaio

Post by Akbaio » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:20 pm

I have installed this extension but.. how can I add a keyword?

resolved :oops: you have to ho in module "URLs" in administration.

M*I*B

Post by M*I*B » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:07 am

Hello all...

... and many thx to TH23 for this nice MOD; I love it ... but ...

1. Problem:
The MOD also link to words inside BBC- Tags and a Tag itself. I.e. I have generate a BBC for ebay that user can enter the itemnumber and the BBC create the link. AutoLink have also an entry for ebay so the Tag itsself will be linked and the funktion of the BBC is gone.

2. Idea:
I belive it's a good idea to expand the functionality of the tool with a synonym- table and/or an extern access to a synonym- database or i.e. Wikipedia, so that you can define (via radiobuttons maybe) that the entry is a link, a synonym or a explanation at Wikipedia ...

Hope all can follow my ugly english :? :lol:
WriteYaa...
Micha

napus

Post by napus » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:47 pm

Thx for that useful mod.
Do you have any idea how to make it work with mChat.

aurquiel

Post by aurquiel » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:07 pm

I have a problem.

The install and fuction is good,
but in the time i clikced a work i am not log anymore.

Bye

napus

Post by napus » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:16 pm

Hi, why this is happens when im activating a mod
MySQL connection collation: utf8_bin
on other my board works perfect.

zach'

Post by zach' » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:52 pm

Doctor Love wrote:
SAFFLEUR wrote:
There is a css file for the auto links, should be able to change it there.
I tried changing "text decoration" from "none" to "underline" in the autolink css file and it didn't work, but changing "links.css" as follows did work:

/* proSilver Link Styles
---------------------------------------- */

a:link { color: #898989; text-decoration: underline; }
a:visited { color: #898989; text-decoration: none; }
a:hover { color: #d3d3d3; text-decoration: underline; }
a:active { color: #d2d2d2; text-decoration: underline; }
Hi if you whant to apply spcécific style for the th23autolinks links, you must go to the acp and write the class name (CSS class for th23 Autolinks:)

So if you want to apply the th23_autolinks.css style, you must enter "th23autolinks" because this is the name of the class in this css file ;)

neonshares

Post by neonshares » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:24 pm

Can it auto code the url links?
When anyone post url or http links they must be auto coded with tags.
Is it possible with this?

yosmc

Post by yosmc » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:01 pm

M*I*B wrote:The MOD also link to words inside BBC- Tags and a Tag itself. I.e. I have generate a BBC for ebay that user can enter the itemnumber and the BBC create the link. AutoLink have also an entry for ebay so the Tag itsself will be linked and the funktion of the BBC is gone.
Here's what worked for me.

Go to includes/th23_autolinks.php and find the following (around line 169):

return ' th23autolink_encode_start_' . $th23_autolinks_uid . base64_encode($match[0]) . 'th23autolink_encode_end_' . $th23_autolinks_uid . ' ';
Replace it with:

return $match[0];
Note that the original line was probably there for a reason, so replacing it can get you into some other trouble instead, but hey, it did the trick for me. ;)

modifier

Post by modifier » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:43 am

This is exactly what i needed for my sports website to link players names to their pages and stats. Many Many thanks my friend. You are a life saver. :D
http://www.ngnuke.comYour source for PHPBB3 Graphics and Mods.

adiz

Post by adiz » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:49 pm

ravikum wrote:Hello,
Thanks for this great mod,

However, i find 2 problems.

1)

If we use a link to replace a word, and if the word is contained in that post 20 times, it will place that link 20 times.

Too many links confuse visitors and make the site spammy ( even though we use css to make links not so obvious)

Is there a way to place the link only in the first occurrence of that word in that post?
I'll love to have this feature!

How can I do it?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”