Simple text hit counter

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
mohsin

How to create statastics

Post by mohsin »

HAY friends
I am MOHSIN ,i need the script of statastics like use inthe blog
some one can help me
Damien White

Re: Simple text hit counter

Post by Damien White »

madtay wrote:Cool mod and so simple to install :D tyvm

I actually took it a step further and added it to the forum statistics :mrgreen:

That looks very nice, what changes did you make to show this and in what files? Or maybe any other member that did the same could chime in please.
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

The edits are in the forum index file. (index.php) Find the bit about total posts etc. I got mine there too http://dsminded.com/community/
iftitaj

Post by iftitaj »

There is no need to mention outside links when the same thing is already discussed right in this topic. Just my opinion.
Also there is no changes required in index.php ..... instead the changes are in styles/prosilver/template/index_body.html.
Damien White wrote:
madtay wrote:Cool mod and so simple to install :D tyvm

I actually took it a step further and added it to the forum statistics :mrgreen:

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9991/imgmodfg0.gif
That looks very nice, what changes did you make to show this and in what files? Or maybe any other member that did the same could chime in please.
This is explained in previous page .... more specifically here. This is of prosilver style.
dnb

Post by dnb »

Such a great hits counter,

None of the free counters i found on the net would work properly, Plus i had to use iframe as a include function which loads slower on pages as eveyone Knows...

Thank You!!
Damien White

Post by Damien White »

Thanks iftitaj.

I had read that, but didn't quite get it in context. But with your guilding hand I have been able to get it up, running and looking great. Yer awesome dude, thanks :!:
danswano

Post by danswano »

Is it possible to make the hit counter take his data from the topics views count ? :?
iftitaj

Post by iftitaj »

danswano wrote:Is it possible to make the hit counter take his data from the topics views count ? :?
Better create a MOD request in proper forum.
danswano

Post by danswano »

My request is related to this mod not to a new mod.
iftitaj

Post by iftitaj »

danswano wrote:My request is related to this mod not to a new mod.
but your demand points towards totally a different MOD ... this one is SIMPLE Text Hit Counter. it only increases a value in database whenever someone visits any page. but your demanded thing requires more complex coding since it has to read only all topic's views count & sum it up - in short more SQL queries, etc. ;)
GurlzLubme

Post by GurlzLubme »

yeah, i think page views isnt as valuable as unique hits... or at least setting some parameters to not include multiple hits from the same ip for X amount of time. if you can get that added to this mod, then that would ROCK!
1,000,000 Thank Yous to everyone who's been helping me on phpbb.com!
iftitaj

Post by iftitaj »

^ why don't you simply use any of hundreds of free counters available on net. i recommend statcounter- it has all features one can demand from free service.
GodlyServer

Post by GodlyServer »

Howdy i feel like a complete silly billy but have no idea how to install this counter... where do i upload the unzipped text counter file to? and what else do i need to do afterwards? any shining the light into my darkness of knowledge about this install will be very much appreciated,

thank you kindly
iftitaj

Post by iftitaj »

GodlyServer wrote:Howdy i feel like a complete silly billy but have no idea how to install this counter... where do i upload the unzipped text counter file to? and what else do i need to do afterwards? any shining the light into my darkness of knowledge about this install will be very much appreciated,

thank you kindly
How to Install MOD
:arrow: read above documentation & you will learn how to install MOD in phpBB.

plus a customization is available on previous page of this topic on how to implement it in stats section of prosilver based styles of phpBB.
GodlyServer

Post by GodlyServer »

Thanks iftitaj that was what i was looking for :D

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”