Advertisement Management

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
drtran

Re: Advertisement Management

Post by drtran »

this mod seems to have problem with IE8. Its not loading correctly on my internet explorer like many other users..but works fine on Firefox.

updown

Post by updown »

The problem is definitely not with this MOD, it's with your ads.

cncmike

Post by cncmike »

Just installed this on the ElementBlack style. Took some guess work, but I am happy with the results.

I just wish AutoMod would work with this one. Some food for thought. The more I get into this phpBB stuff and with the mods out here, I will definitely think about financially supporting lithiumstudios.org.

Thanks for making it somewhat easy for a guy that doesn't know what he is doing...:)

cncmike

EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction »

Automod should work with any mod with correct instructions as long as it does not run into conflicts. I know this works because I've installed it with automod before (I actually test every single mod I've built with automod when a new phpBB version comes out to make sure no issues come up, and they all work on 3.0.5).

cncmike

Post by cncmike »

EXreaction wrote:Automod should work with any mod with correct instructions as long as it does not run into conflicts. I know this works because I've installed it with automod before (I actually test every single mod I've built with automod when a new phpBB version comes out to make sure no issues come up, and they all work on 3.0.5).
Well like I said, I am not very good at this stuff, but AutoMod did not work for this one for me. I have 5 other mods that AutoMods worked for, but I think this one didn't work because of the ElementBlack style. The template files have completely different ids.

I suppose if I knew what I was doing, I could look through the modx file and modify it so it installs for a different style?

cncmike

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

cncmike wrote:
EXreaction wrote:Automod should work with any mod with correct instructions as long as it does not run into conflicts. I know this works because I've installed it with automod before (I actually test every single mod I've built with automod when a new phpBB version comes out to make sure no issues come up, and they all work on 3.0.5).
Well like I said, I am not very good at this stuff, but AutoMod did not work for this one for me. I have 5 other mods that AutoMods worked for, but I think this one didn't work because of the ElementBlack style. The template files have completely different ids.

I suppose if I knew what I was doing, I could look through the modx file and modify it so it installs for a different style?

cncmike
Yes, with alternative styles it can be an issue when installing mods, but that's all up to how much the style author decides to change things and mod authors can not provide instructions for them all.

Yes, you can edit the modx file, or, better yet, make a template installer for just that template.

cncmike

Post by cncmike »

I suppose I am just gonna have to sit down and learn this stuff better.

The custom styles are what seem to screw all these things up. I had the same experience with SMF, because the writer/author of the style changed much of default, there was nothing left to compare it to.

I suppose the best would be to take a standard prosilver style and change colors and layout a bit to get the result I wanted then hopefully MODS and addons would be easier to implement.

Thanks,

cncmike

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

Yep, that would probably be best. There are also some nice tricks with using inheriting template files so you can create a new style, but only have the template files you edited in the folder (along with the imageset/stylesheets if edited) and then have it inherit the style you built it off. That would help keep it organized and easier to install mods for too (there is probably some documentation on that somewhere, but I don't pay much attention to styling).

For getting started with the color change, this is quite handy:
http://beta.colorizeit.com/

cncmike

Post by cncmike »

Thanks,

When I get some time I will look over it.

cncmike

tiyakap

Post by tiyakap »

i was looking at one forum... it showed exactly like it is a post... the screenshot it attached..
i have installed this mod on my forum..but i like this style of showing ads..it seems that a user has posted it..plz let me know how can i do this
plz tell me how can i do this..
plz help

the picture will not be shown properly..kindly save the pic on desktop to see it properly..

Jaifaime

Post by Jaifaime »

I can't help with your question (I'm just a passer-by), not am I sure why your picture doesn't show up right, but just right click the image and selevt View Image, it will open the image by itself correctly in the browser (at least in FiFo).
This account is inactive. Have a nice day.

fradleyforum

Post by fradleyforum »

Excellent mod, perfect for my needs... on thing i am fighting is centering it and i don't mean the ad itself i mean the border

Screen shot here https://camo.phpbb.com/a2466071743de8188108063b957defcdde3cd1a5/687474703a2f2f7777772e667261646c6579666f72756d2e636f6d2f696d616765732f436170747572652e4a5047

Any ideas anyone?

dnbspace

Post by dnbspace »

Hi I get a error message in my overal footer can anyone help. its attached below:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home1/dnbspace/public_html/testsite/cache/tpl_eMuza2_overall_footer.html.php on line 72
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

coogs

Post by coogs »

dnbspace wrote:Hi I get a error message in my overal footer can anyone help. its attached below:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home1/dnbspace/public_html/testsite/cache/tpl_eMuza2_overall_footer.html.php on line 72
You just putted the wrong incorrectly
Open install.xml again and check the code for overall footer.html again

pauls115pdtdi

Post by pauls115pdtdi »

Is it possible to remove the border/box from around the advert?
Our forum owner doesnt like having the box around it (she's picky!).

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”