Advertisement Management

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
waterdene

Re: Advertisement Management

Post by waterdene »

I have checked and everything appears to be in the right place. But it seems that youn are right and there is a problem with the adm folder as I tried to activate the mod by using ACP - SYSTEM - MODULE MANAGEMENT - USER CONTROL PANEL
I also tried Administration Control Panel and Moderator Control Panel and this was returned for each of the links:
/adm/index.php?sid=9e31ece7abfaa5e5fd284c676f102314&i=modules&mode=ucphttp://www.xxxxx.com/adm/index.php?sid=9e31ece ... 02314&i=27

/adm/index.php?sid=9e31ece7abfaa5e5fd284c676f102314&i=modules&mode=acphttp://www.xxxxx.com/adm/index.php?sid=9e31ece ... 02314&i=27

/adm/index.php?sid=9e31ece7abfaa5e5fd284c676f102314&i=modules&mode=mcphttp://www.xxxxx.com/adm/index.php?sid=9e31ece ... 02314&i=27

The only file in the adm folder is in the style folder acp_ads.html I have uploaded it again but no change.
eugene187

Post by eugene187 »

we have been using this for over a year now without so much as a hiccup, thank you very much for a great mod and the update

-e
waxxie

Post by waxxie »

NM answered my own question!

:D
bibiken

error???

Post by bibiken »

hi,
I tried to installed this mod by using auto mod, and it was successful. However, I cannot see it in the board configuration. I went to see the details of Advertiser Management in the automod in ACP, I saw
XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1. View the file ./../store/mods/Advertisement Management 1.0.9/contrib/[How To] Add Positions.txt in a web browser for a more detailed error message.
What was wrong with that? Can you help me out, please? I really like this mod, so any reply would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot.
insafmpm

Post by insafmpm »

I installed it as direction.
And in acp panel i can see Advertisement Management. i can create new ads.
But the Problem is Advertisement Not Seen

Pls Help me
Last edited by camm15h on Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed bold & colouring as per rules.
Laforge129

Post by Laforge129 »

insafmpm wrote:I installed it as direction.
And in acp panel i can see Advertisement Management. i can create new ads.
But the Problem is Advertisement Not Seen

Pls Help me
If your using a different them other then the two that comes with PHPBB then you will need to install the code.

[AD1]
[AD2]

AND so on!!!
Unlimited Website space, Bandwidth, and Free Domains for $4.95 a month:
Visit My Forums at http://www.tech-linkforum.com
Visit my Blog at http://www.tech-linkblog.com
insafmpm

Post by insafmpm »

I cant understand
Laforge129

Post by Laforge129 »

insafmpm wrote:I cant understand
You need to add the code like:

{ADS_1}
{ADS_2}
{ADS_3}
{ADS_4}

in your template you can find where to put them if you look at the "viewtopic_body.html" and add the code to the appropriate place in the template!!

You can check out the Prosilver and Subsilver templates to find out where you need to put the code and how!!
Unlimited Website space, Bandwidth, and Free Domains for $4.95 a month:
Visit My Forums at http://www.tech-linkforum.com
Visit my Blog at http://www.tech-linkblog.com
hothotnix

Post by hothotnix »

Hi! I know that there already is ansvered on my question, but I need better explanation on it!
Question - how to remove frame around the ads banner???
Thanks!
Death is certain, Life is not.
Peace!
Kinzee

Post by Kinzee »

Hi, :)

Im not sure if i am in the right location to ask this question, but I am in desperate need of some help!!

I run a site with my mom and a few months ago we upgraded to a new server and it wont let us change our background so we have just been putting up backgrounds through advertisement (like getting codes for myspace backgrounds and putting them as an add?) Okay well anyways my problem is I was just looking for a background to change from our valentines day one and I found a really cute one so i put the code in however then after I found another one on a different site so I copied the code from the one I already set as an add and put it in the notes space under where you put the code for your add so i wouldn't lose that code in case i didn't like the new one i found but the problem is the code is to wide and taking up to much space in the code space and i cant hit "edit" to change it because i cant get the the button?? I need to know what to do, I turned our adds off for now but im starting to panic. Please help!! :)

Thanks!!!
doomed22

Post by doomed22 »

Thanks for this great mod!
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction »

Kinzee wrote:Hi, :)

Im not sure if i am in the right location to ask this question, but I am in desperate need of some help!!

I run a site with my mom and a few months ago we upgraded to a new server and it wont let us change our background so we have just been putting up backgrounds through advertisement (like getting codes for myspace backgrounds and putting them as an add?) Okay well anyways my problem is I was just looking for a background to change from our valentines day one and I found a really cute one so i put the code in however then after I found another one on a different site so I copied the code from the one I already set as an add and put it in the notes space under where you put the code for your add so i wouldn't lose that code in case i didn't like the new one i found but the problem is the code is to wide and taking up to much space in the code space and i cant hit "edit" to change it because i cant get the the button?? I need to know what to do, I turned our adds off for now but im starting to panic. Please help!! :)

Thanks!!!
I'll look into it sometime soon (I hope) and release an update. Can you export the phpbb_ads table and paste the export for only that table here?
jaborwocky
Name: John

Post by jaborwocky »

Awesome mod --- just what I was looking for. Installed it manually and it went off without a hitch. Thanks for all your hard work and for this mod! I will be donating today for sure. :D
Life is weird, but so am I so we get along just fine.
Kinzee

Post by Kinzee »

EXreaction wrote:
Kinzee wrote:Hi, :)

Thanks!!!
I'll look into it sometime soon (I hope) and release an update. Can you export the phpbb_ads table and paste the export for only that table here?
Sure! But 1st i need to know what you mean by that.. im sorry, I am very new to this and have NO idea what i am doing, i'm also not the brightest bulb in the box when it comes to this kinda stuff :) Do you mean like screen print the ad table?? Im sorry i am so confused!

here is a screen shot if thats what you mean? Thanks so much for helping me! Its much appreciated! http://it.tinypic.com/r/2q0rmgo/6
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction »

Try this:

Open includes/acp/acp_ads.php

Find:

Code: Select all

'AD_NOTE'		=> nl2br($row['ad_note']),
Replace with:

Code: Select all