Advertisement Management

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
tkobb

Re: Advertisement Management

Post by tkobb » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:51 pm

i installed a phpBB3(3.0.6) forum site but it was a hungarian translating.....
i do everything correct what you wrote for the Advertisement Management 1.0.9 ....
i see the Advertisement Management in the forum configuration panel but i don't look anything new function when i create a new forum and i can't add my ad.why ?
I don't know what was the problem...maybe cause of the translating??
if it possible what could i modifi how it's work well under hungarian language??

sorry for the wrong grammar
i provide it but yet not perfect :roll:

i wait your answer if you answer ..i hope that..
goodbless
have a nice day

waterdene

Post by waterdene » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:38 am

waterdene wrote: So it seems that I am no nearer can ANYBODY please offer advice,
Have I done something particularly stupid that justifies the lack of response? If so can anyone point me in the right direction

Thanks

tiby

Post by tiby » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:21 pm

after updating to 3.0.7, it does not work now, i do not know why, anyone else eacounter the same situation?

Patriz

Post by Patriz » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:08 pm

Hi!

I made just the update and it works without any problems.

Regards Patriz

firdavs_abc

Post by firdavs_abc » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:02 pm

Help guys. How can I place an ad just on the index (main) page of the forum? I don't have such an option at the forum list while adding a new ad.

The same question was asked several times in this forum, but i couldn't find any relevant answer for it.

Uncrowned Guard

Post by Uncrowned Guard » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:25 pm

firdavs_abc wrote:Help guys. How can I place an ad just on the index (main) page of the forum? I don't have such an option at the forum list while adding a new ad.

The same question was asked several times in this forum, but i couldn't find any relevant answer for it.
Have you tried placing it in your "index_body.htm"?

firdavs_abc

Post by firdavs_abc » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:31 pm

Uncrowned Guard wrote: Have you tried placing it in your "index_body.htm"?
No, but it should be at the overall_header.html, because it is the place where the main image (logo) of the forum is located. i need the ad to be placed just under it.

Boss Hoss

Post by Boss Hoss » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:46 am

tiby wrote:after updating to 3.0.7, it does not work now, i do not know why, anyone else eacounter the same situation?
my ads stopped being displayed, it still acts correctly in the admin CP. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it with no luck. eventually i broke the thing from uninstalling so now i have to do it manually.

one thing i noticed during uninstall is it doesn't find the existing mod line in functions.php

Code: Select all

// Which timezone?
	$tz = ($user->data['user_id'] != ANONYMOUS) ? strval(doubleval($user->data['user_timezone'])) : strval(doubleval($config['board_timezone']));
// Advertisement Management
	require($phpbb_root_path . 'ads/functions.' . $phpEx);
	setup_ads();
Replace With
// Which timezone?
	$tz = ($user->data['user_id'] != ANONYMOUS) ? strval(doubleval($user->data['user_timezone'])) : strval(doubleval($config['board_timezone']));
The Find specified by the MOD could not be found
I also believe there is a probelm with the file naming convention used...because i get

Code: Select all

XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1. View the [b]file ./../store/mods/Advertisement Management 1.0.9/contrib/[How To] Add Positions.txt[/b] in a web browser for a more detailed error messag
where i believe the spaces in the file name cause troubles?

adiz

Post by adiz » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:22 pm

Hi,

Great mod! Thank you.

One question - the ad in the footer is taking the forum design and I would like to keep it clean and white.

I can I do it? I have attached a creen shot.

Thank you.
Attachments
12.jpg
12.jpg (11.8 KiB) Viewed 1762 times

Ahri89

Post by Ahri89 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:30 pm

When i press "Details" on Automod i receive an error but the mod works perfect on 3.0.7 installed with Automod. :)
MODs translated to Spanish: ACP Add User MOD, ACP Announcement Centre, Advertisement Management, Custom Profile Fields, Update Reminder, Flood time setting per forum, MOD Version Check, Posting template, Prune Log, Simple Trash Bin, TinyPic Plugin, User Reminder, View Profile, View your topics, and more...

Sorry for my bad english xD

Ahri89

Post by Ahri89 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:10 pm

Spanish translation:
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

MODs translated to Spanish: ACP Add User MOD, ACP Announcement Centre, Advertisement Management, Custom Profile Fields, Update Reminder, Flood time setting per forum, MOD Version Check, Posting template, Prune Log, Simple Trash Bin, TinyPic Plugin, User Reminder, View Profile, View your topics, and more...

sotiris25s

Post by sotiris25s » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:04 am

will this work on 3.0.4? Can anyone confirm it works on that version?

EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:05 am

Someone has already translated it into Spanish, thanks though. :)

myPH

Post by myPH » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:02 am

I'm trying to install the Advertisement Management mod into our forum, http://myph.com.ph/forum/index.php, which has a Getaway Green theme (based on Subsilver2). I've copied the root files onto the forum root and I've so far edited (using the ACP with refresh & clear cache) the viewtopic_body.html and overall_footer.html templates.

I'm having trouble with the overall_header.html file. One glitch came when I inserted the line
<!-- INCLUDE ads/ads.js -->
The forum went down with an error message:
" General Error
template->_tpl_load_file(): File ./styles/getaway_green/template/ads/ads.js does not exist or is empty"
I managed to fix this with help from the main phpBB support forum by copying the subsilver2/template/ads/ folder to getway_green/template/ads/.

My current problem is to add code after <div id="wrapheader"> and before <div id="wrapcentre">, as per the installation instructions. I can't find these lines in the template file I'm looking in the ACP.

Meantime, there is nothing showing in the ACP General yet about the Advertisement Management configuration although the overall forum seems to be working ok.
Last edited by myPH on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ahri89

Post by Ahri89 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:15 am

EXreaction wrote:Someone has already translated it into Spanish, thanks though. :)
XD! I will use my translation XD jajaja

Thanks for this mod is great :D

PD: I will translate Anti-Spam ACP 1.0.2 when i have time.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”