Advertisement Management

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
farazhamzaa

Re: Advertisement Management

Post by farazhamzaa » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:49 am

how can we put ads in between categories.???

Style = subsilver bassed

farazhamzaa

Post by farazhamzaa » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:42 am

no reply yet

azdolfan

Post by azdolfan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:20 am

farazhamzaa wrote:no reply yet
Good Luck! I've had questions for over a month that I reposted and still got nothing. No real moderator for this mod unfortunately. Your issue doesn't seem hard tho. All you need to do is make a new ad via the admin and take that code and put in the file that displays the areas that you want it in. Off the top of my head can't remember that file, but i'm sure if you plug and play could figure it out. I moved mine around pretty easily :roll:

MrC
Name: Ivo

Post by MrC » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:14 pm

Is there an easy way to refill the standard ad positions , somehow i got 40 positions now and the positions description in the ACP doesn't match the actual positions.

rtomo
Name: Rottenbacher Tamás

Post by rtomo » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:49 am

This mod using ACP or just themplate file?

azdolfan

Post by azdolfan » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:46 pm

rtomo wrote:This mod using ACP or just themplate file?
Both! It modifies template files and you have to run a database file. Then you set it up in the ACP at General > Board Configuration > Ad Management (which people usually can't find at first because they look in the mod tab).

pankaj.sea

Post by pankaj.sea » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:49 pm

I have installed this mod but its only working with PROSILVER theme and other custom themes, even in prosilver_se also not working with this modification!
:(
please tell me what to do?

therat

Post by therat » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:49 pm

pankaj.sea wrote:I have installed this mod but its only working with PROSILVER theme and other custom themes, even in prosilver_se also not working with this modification!
:(
please tell me what to do?
You have to add the advertisement code into all the themes you want them to display in, not just prosilver.

RiTz21

Post by RiTz21 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:37 pm

I have two questions regarding this Mod - my apologies if this is repetitive, but I was unable to locate the answers with the Search option.

A) It seems this Mod keeps track of the 'click count' - meaning it can tell you the number of people who clicked on the banner. Is this Right? If yes, can this information be accessed by a 3rd party (i.e. without accessing the ACP)

B) Does this mod keeps track of the number of times it was displayed? (i.e. the number of impressions) - If Yes, again can this information be retrieved by a 3rd party without logging into the ACP?

Thank you for your time!!
RiTz21

FunkyDuck

Post by FunkyDuck » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:57 pm

I can I deinstall this mod?

I uploaded the fresh files from phpbb, but kept my old database.
I still see the line "ACP_ADVERTISEMENT_MANAGEMENT" in my ACP !
FunkyDuck

EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:04 pm

RiTz21 wrote:I have two questions regarding this Mod - my apologies if this is repetitive, but I was unable to locate the answers with the Search option.

A) It seems this Mod keeps track of the 'click count' - meaning it can tell you the number of people who clicked on the banner. Is this Right? If yes, can this information be accessed by a 3rd party (i.e. without accessing the ACP)

B) Does this mod keeps track of the number of times it was displayed? (i.e. the number of impressions) - If Yes, again can this information be retrieved by a 3rd party without logging into the ACP?

RiTz21
Yes and Yes

You can set a specific user to be the owner of the advertisement and then they can visit a link in the footer displaying the statistics on their advertisement.

RiTz21

Post by RiTz21 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:02 pm

EXreaction wrote:
RiTz21 wrote:I have two questions regarding this Mod - my apologies if this is repetitive, but I was unable to locate the answers with the Search option.

RiTz21
Yes and Yes

You can set a specific user to be the owner of the advertisement and then they can visit a link in the footer displaying the statistics on their advertisement.
Great - how about 3rd Parties? I.e. If there are many different people running the Ads? Can all of them see the statistics for their Ads/banners? In other words, can the owner of an Ad see the stats for HIS Ad?

Thanks!!!
RiTz21

EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:39 pm

RiTz21 wrote:Great - how about 3rd Parties? I.e. If there are many different people running the Ads? Can all of them see the statistics for their Ads/banners? In other words, can the owner of an Ad see the stats for HIS Ad?

Thanks!!!
RiTz21
Any registered user can have advertisements set to them which they can view the stats for.

Tony B

Post by Tony B » Sat May 01, 2010 12:03 am

I have the Advertisement Mod installed and it shows up in the ACP but I can't seem to get it to work.

Running phpBB3.0.7 and acid tech tiger style.

I use a banner ad program called Ad Peeps to run the banner code. I tried pasting the code in the area but i don't see the banners.

Also, there are multiple areas in the list, there must be what seems 3 of each above header, below header, etc.

Maybe I'm doing somthing wrong but how exactly do you get the banners to show up. I tried a simple [IMG] coding but no dice.

Also, is this the replacement for the Forum Sponsor Mod? That's what I was using before until it stopped working after I updated my board. that's why I'm looking at using this mod.

Any help would be appreciated.

bjorn.haaland

Post by bjorn.haaland » Sat May 01, 2010 10:22 am

Nevermind. I fixed the problem.
Last edited by bjorn.haaland on Sun May 02, 2010 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”