Advertisement Management

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Re: Advertisement Management

Post by EXreaction » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:08 pm

You messed up one of the edits in one of those styles.

Bobster60

Post by Bobster60 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:15 pm

as arnie says Ill be back lol Ill check it a third time as it was installed a couple of days ago so the mess up must be from subsilver but why should it show up as a error in prosilver, thats what gets me....Ill check the edit again and be back later thanks
my MOD's and addons advertisement management, activity stats, tracelogs, Browser language detector, Announcement centre, ZB block, Anti Bot question, Bots Mod, Project Honeypot, Faq manager, check spammers, RSS feeder, new message adviser for Acp.

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:18 pm

Something being wrong with subsilver shouldn't affect prosilver. Somebody must have messed something up in the prosilver files.

Bobster60

Post by Bobster60 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:12 pm

well Ive been over it till my eyes are red, Ive uploaded the original files for
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/content/b/o/b/myweb/html/tlc/includes/template.php(187) : eval()'d code on line 41
on line 41 there is
line 34 to 41

Code: Select all

// Root dir and hash of filenames for each template handle.
	var $root = '';
	var $cachepath = '';
	var $files = array();
	var $filename = array();
	var $files_inherit = array();
	var $files_template = array();
        var $inherit_root = '';
everything is in line but not that it looks like it
my MOD's and addons advertisement management, activity stats, tracelogs, Browser language detector, Announcement centre, ZB block, Anti Bot question, Bots Mod, Project Honeypot, Faq manager, check spammers, RSS feeder, new message adviser for Acp.

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:22 pm

Those errors are usually from bad edits in template files breaking the template system.

Bobster60

Post by Bobster60 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:41 pm

I have tried restoring the system from 5 days ago and still the same, any suggestions on what to do now I am totally lost for next steps, reinstalling is my very last option but its getting to that stage.
it was all great working like hows your father untill the latest subsilver edit

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:47 pm

If you are sure you restored everything and you still have that issue, delete everything in the cache/ folder except the .htaccess and index.htm files.

Bobster60

Post by Bobster60 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:51 pm

mmmmmmm done that just know and it still says
html/tlc/includes/template.php(187) : eval()'d code on line 41
am starting to cry lol

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:57 pm

I would say the best thing to do is backup what you've got, then download a fresh copy and upload the prosilver files from it, clear the cache, and see if you still have errors.

Bobster60

Post by Bobster60 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:04 pm

I had a horible feeling you where gonna say re install lol
will do now....see ya in about 10 hrs....my connection is only 10kbps upload lol thanks

Bobster60

Post by Bobster60 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:20 pm

it worked a treat thanks bud, so now I upload all the changed files for MODs until I get a problem lol and then start again....you have been a great help....one of the best

4N2NR

Post by 4N2NR » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:47 pm

Still running great with no problems. I am using the prosilver template. Is there a way to make the ads display in the footer of my Coppermine Gallery?

I have Coppermine bridged to the forum (gallery login uses the phpBB member info and users are automatically logged into the gallery when they are logged into the forum - same username/password) and my directory is setup up: http://www.mydomain.com/forum (for phpBB) and http://www.mydomain.com/coppermine (for the gallery)

I attempted to to create an ad location of {9} and put it in the gallery footer but obviouly I do not know how to make the gallery talk to the forum/ads folder in the forum to serve the ads sinece all I can diplay is {9}. Hope this makes sense.

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:01 am

Yes, it's easy enough to do if you are running the latest version.

Read the notes in the ads/ads_js.php file.

4N2NR

Post by 4N2NR » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:06 am

I read it but not sure I understand it...
I guess I am to new at this for it to be intuitive for me.

bkt

Post by bkt » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:07 am

EXreaction wrote:You've got the wrong mod. You are not instructed to install ACP modules in this one.
Ah that would explain it :? This was a lot easier to install than the other one.

One question though like someone else asked, is there a way to center adds in subsilver2

thanks

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”